Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132402 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »

@Sarzael: It's new words with common meanings. I'm starting small, so it's just rubber and flesh and fire and Zentol and whatnot. If any of you old-timers want to join, I'd appreciate someone to start it off.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2013, 03:04:45 pm »

Two of us have. Sarzael and yours truly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »

MUAHAHAHAHAAA!

Now, begin murderificating each other so the others join in. That would be amusing.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

And the dice would roll in my favour because i would have +2 to every stats and +3 to potency and will, and 6 channeling, within four turns.

But...no. The dice don't work like that. There's the whole thing where none of that actually happens because you fucked up.
Having a +1 to potency means effects will never be bad unless you have a debuff or do something very stupid. Worst may happen there is nothing happening at all. Use Enhanced Increase-Stats-Word and you get a 6 points to that stat.

Dermonster: Welp i wouldnt have told about it if it was alive, and of course i wouldnt use the best words since the beggining... More of a ´´lucky`` laser here, a early control word, stuff like that.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »

And the dice would roll in my favour because i would have +2 to every stats and +3 to potency and will, and 6 channeling, within four turns.

But...no. The dice don't work like that. There's the whole thing where none of that actually happens because you fucked up.
Having a +1 to potency means effects will never be bad unless you have a debuff or do something very stupid. Worst may happen there is nothing happening at all. Use Enhanced Increase-Stats-Word and you get a 6 points to that stat.

No....
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2013, 03:17:56 pm »

And then I would have checked your total activity on the forum itself.

If you had only posted in perplexicon after registering an hour or so beforehand, I would have grown suspicious nigh immediately.

In any case, there were too few players in that game for it to survive. The system is built for a constant deluge of players, and I was lacking a complete roster at times.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2013, 03:25:01 pm »

And then I would have checked your total activity on the forum itself.

If you had only posted in perplexicon after registering an hour or so beforehand, I would have grown suspicious nigh immediately.

In any case, there were too few players in that game for it to survive. The system is built for a constant deluge of players, and I was lacking a complete roster at times.

As surprisingly as it may be, i already had an account in that forum, even though its kinda forgotten (I was mostly for the Stargate thread)...
And well, who knows :P Perhaps if you continued and i added some destruction to the game people would have joined.

No....
Actually the answer is yes. With a minimum 2 roll to pot dangers dissapear on magic except for specific words or for overkill rolls (Say fire, roll a 20, cause supernova)
Enhanced makes stuff better. An increasing stat word gives a +1(3). An enhanced thus would logically give more, probably +2(6).
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »

I repeat again, so what? Everyone knows how to do that in Perplexicon, the word list is public. You should try your luck in my Perplexicon. See how you do with a challenge!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32:26 pm »

No....
Actually the answer is yes. With a minimum 2 roll to pot dangers dissapear on magic except for specific words or for overkill rolls (Say fire, roll a 20, cause supernova)
Enhanced makes stuff better. An increasing stat word gives a +1(3). An enhanced thus would logically give more, probably +2(6).

No. You can't just...no. Why?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »

Well, you can, though I think you need to use a mark, and marks don't stack. But you can do some really obscene things if you know the wordlist. Of course, learning the wordlist is really difficult, especially in my game where I enforce roleplaying, and people can't share words unless they're characters run up to each other and share words.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »

I repeat again, so what? Everyone knows how to do that in Perplexicon, the word list is public. You should try your luck in my Perplexicon. See how you do with a challenge!
Tell me how to pray to more than one god, even if its just a theory, as long as it makes sense, without being cursed, and ill try your game.
Its not so much about knowledge as it is about how you use it, and that makes me find your game somewhat limiting.
I like everyone starting with all words, forcing roleplaying is fine for me, but i dont like random start words... Or atleast the way you did it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2013, 04:01:29 pm »

Well, I haven't added gods yet, though with the way I had things set up, it ould theoretically be possible to worship multiple different gods. You just have to pick ones that don't conflict.

And yes, your starting words may be somewhat limiting at first, but it's easy to get past that - just get your hands on other peoples lists, one way or another. You can steal them, trade for them, beg for them, kill for them, etc...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:03:11 pm by Angle »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »

Well, I haven't added gods yet, though with the way I had things set up, it ould theoretically be possible to worship multiple different gods. You just have to pick ones that don't conflict.

And yes, your starting words may be somewhat limiting at first, but it's easy to get past that - just get your hands on other peoples lists, one way or another. You can steal them, trade for them, beg for them, kill for them, etc...
I meant in Perplexicon, since you said anyone knows to make the stuff i say.
How do you think it would be possible hmmm?

I may join later on.
If you want gods, you should check my post about them, it had 4-5 ideas for gods.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »

I have a list of gods, I just haven't added them to the game yet. As for the multiple gods in Perplexicon, I think you'd have to make a puppet and have it worship one.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »

I have a list of gods, I just haven't added them to the game yet. As for the multiple gods in Perplexicon, I think you'd have to make a puppet and have it worship one.
Hmm, im not very sure that would work, but is valid as theory.
Mine is use Fusion Circles to fuse with other players who pray other gods.

My main new gods would be:
God Necromancy & Agony.
God Time (& Slow)
God Luck & (Coin, card, dice, whatever)
God Healing & Calm.
God Knowledge & Channeling.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 65