Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49718 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2013, 12:34:26 pm »

My system definitely shows 64-bit and you know what I'll just show you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There you go.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2013, 12:51:52 pm »

You're missing a driver or firmware or something then.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2013, 01:18:28 pm »

thats odd. the full 4gb of your ram should be usable.

edit:
nvm. your computer does not have dedicated gpu memory, but uses 512mb of your ram instad.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

Give this a shot:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/x-rebirth/11775/

Your computer should meet minimum requirements but the game is a bit broken atm and will take months to fix.

Have you tried X Albion Prelude?

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2013, 01:57:20 pm »

im not sure on the min specs there. iirc egosoft said non dedicated 3d hardware would not be supported.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »

Well...I guess after two work days they managed to half fix the trade bug and fix the issue with repairing after boarding. The campaign is still a bit broken, few storyline sectors aren't actual ones, the super highway that its entrance is no more then a meter apart from its exit, although I did spot a 2nd jump gate in albion...need to go find that in my free play game and see if that leads anywhere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »

I still don't have much to say on X-R since I don't have it, but to answer the question on mods for X3:TC:

The only ones I've really used are the official Bonus Pack. They're easy to install, and include the Commercial Agent at least that Sonlirain mentioned, and some other stuff. They're also the only mods that leave you eligible for Steam achievements, if you care about that sort of thing :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:46 pm »

Well I bought this and downloaded it.
HORRIBLE LAG.

Its not TOO bad in space, but if I'm docked anywhere then it freezes for about 30 seconds at a time.
Made it to the "get a defense crew guy" part before I just saved and quit. Mostly because I'm tired, but also because I just don't want to deal with that right now.

So if what I've heard is correct then I either have a REALLY REALLY CRAP rig for this, or a REALLY REALLY GOOD rig for this...
I really hope its the latter.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2013, 05:49:42 pm »

What did that site say lol?

Albion Prelude would have been the better choice for a weak pc imo.

Also have you updated the graphics drivers or ran Windows Update recently?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:01:48 pm by foil »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »

I still don't have much to say on X-R since I don't have it, but to answer the question on mods for X3:TC:

The only ones I've really used are the official Bonus Pack. They're easy to install, and include the Commercial Agent at least that Sonlirain mentioned, and some other stuff. They're also the only mods that leave you eligible for Steam achievements, if you care about that sort of thing :P

The mods in the bonus pack are usually outdated. Commercial agent in particular.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2013, 08:41:04 pm »

Many thanks for the tips, but I just don't think I'm cut out for this genre. The lack of any meaningful story I can handle... the excruciating travel times without an in-flight movie or something productive going on, and the scarcity of encounters, not so much.

I think I'll cut my losses and stick to my RPGs and god-games.  :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »

Well I bought this and downloaded it.
HORRIBLE LAG.

Its not TOO bad in space, but if I'm docked anywhere then it freezes for about 30 seconds at a time.
Made it to the "get a defense crew guy" part before I just saved and quit. Mostly because I'm tired, but also because I just don't want to deal with that right now.

So if what I've heard is correct then I either have a REALLY REALLY CRAP rig for this, or a REALLY REALLY GOOD rig for this...
I really hope its the latter.

Don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure most people are having issues with FPS regardless of how "good" or "bad" their hardware is. Updating your drivers won't do a thing.

Wait, I know, have you tried restarting your computer? Try blowing on the video card.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »

. the excruciating travel times without an in-flight movie or something productive going on, and the scarcity of encounters, not so much.
That first bit, there will be autopilot added at some point; which means you could then run it in the background; like with X3. That second bit is what has been eating at me. X3, you had pirates and such running amok even in core systems. Here... there just aren't. And those which do appear, you enormously outmatch. You ship can handle near continuous fire from half a dozen, while having enough firepower even early on to wreck them in 2-3 seconds. And that's assuming the station cops don't get them first.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »

Many thanks for the tips, but I just don't think I'm cut out for this genre. The lack of any meaningful story I can handle... the excruciating travel times without an in-flight movie or something productive going on, and the scarcity of encounters, not so much.

Use SETA. Also you can engage time compression upto 1000%
But yeah X3 is a game you sometimes want to run in the background  ;)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

Use SETA. Also you can engage time compression upto 1000%
But yeah X3 is a game you sometimes want to run in the background  ;)
Well in Albion prelude you can always do mission to increase your income while your trader does their stuff, get more trader, manage your empire, there is quite a lot to do in fact. Myself i barely used seta at all exept when i didnt have my jumpdrive and the mod that let you jump anywhere ina  system by cycrow.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28