Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49711 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 10:11:55 am »

This game looks sexy. Will I be able to run it on anything less than a supercomputer, tough?
Also, could the OP add a description of this game to the OP for those who've never heard of it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 10:12:53 am »

Im not too bothered about the one ship thing as either it will get other ships added or modded
Huh, does it mean you cannot swap your ships to be either small trader or a huge carrier? It's a pretty big letdown... But we'll see, if it's as moddable as previous X games, it should be okay.

I hope the Pride of Albion can function as a "command module" for larger ship classes. Just like how they did it in Independence War 2.
Well, if it's going to be moddable, then I hope the drone control interface can be changed to control other ships.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 10:40:29 am »

This game looks sexy. Will I be able to run it on anything less than a supercomputer, tough?
Also, could the OP add a description of this game to the OP for those who've never heard of it?

The Steam page has minimum requirements.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 10:57:38 am »

....goddammit, need 64-bit windows. I have the other requirements, but that's the dealbreaker for me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 11:13:06 am »

If the minimum requirements are correct, I think I'll be able to run this semi-decently.

E: Also, tryrar, the minimum system requirements are 4 GB RAM (recommended 8). Little pointless to have that and then 32-bit, eh?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:33:07 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 11:18:19 am »

Wow, this is exactly what Derek Smart envisioned way back with Battlecruiser 3000a.d.   It's simply breathtaking!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 11:28:21 am »

I, personally, am Incredibly pumped for this. I am not broken up about the 1 ship thing, as Star Citizen will more than fill my multi-ship desires when it's finally released. For me, simply the ability to walk up to the controls on my ship, nod to my copilot, sit down and take the controls will do world for my immersion.
At the same time, I do hope it's rather customizable, which it sounds like it'll be, so that's great! Even if its not, still really looking forward to this. I thought the stations in X3 were huge!

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 11:38:54 am »

As far as I know Star Citizen won't allow you to control multiple ships at once, just own them and change them in station/big-ass-ship. Or something changed? While in X series creating and commanding your own armada was one of few things that kept you playing longer.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 12:05:05 pm »

As far as I know Star Citizen won't allow you to control multiple ships at once, just own them and change them in station/big-ass-ship. Or something changed? While in X series creating and commanding your own armada was one of few things that kept you playing longer.

Well, if that's all, then you can deffinitly hire other ships and add them to your fleet in this, you just can't, as far as I'm aware, take direct control of any of them.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 12:54:02 pm »

Sure!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »

If the minimum requirements are correct, I think I'll be able to run this semi-decently.

E: Also, tryrar, the minimum system requirements are 4 GB RAM (recommended 8). Little pointless to have that and then 32-bit, eh?
I was building this comp on the cheap-managed to get a decent motherboard, 4 gigs ram, a core i5, and a 200gig hard drive for around 650 bucks, including a copy of windows 7(which, given Windows' pricing scheme, meant the 32 bit version, which now looks to be a dumb move)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »

I'm not sure how it'll go. They may wish to promote "only control one thing at a time" so that a clan could have one guy flying a carrier and the other clanmates waiting around in fighter/bomber bays. I think that's the way they'll go. Otherwise, there should be AI support for 'controlling' multiple ships at once.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

Wow, this is exactly what Derek Smart envisioned way back with Battlecruiser 3000a.d.   It's simply breathtaking!
Yeah but BC3000 had something X series did not have... dept but i mean simulation dept aboard managing your ship, spare parts, crew, rotation, sleeping, in dept boarding, ok only WE could get boarded but doing an emergy shutdown on some system to avoid the ennemy fleeing, sending marines in shuttle bay etc, that was crazy all at the same time as dodging incoming ennemy fighter and sending a CAP patrol to stop these fighters.

Man... all the time i sank in that game....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 06:06:37 am »

i just want to make sure but can we walk inside our ships and stations now ? if so holy hell i think this would be the first time its ever been done to such a level with those graphics.

also i can wait to play this. can someone link where it says you can only fly the one ship ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 06:32:06 am »

http://www.egosoft.com/news/current_en.php#news926

If you look closely somewhere in the first half of the trailer, you'll notice the player walking through a space station with little HUD symbols appearing above the NPC's there. There's also a bit where you walk up to your cockpit and sit down. They also mention getting discounts for exploring space stations, which implies you really do get to wander about and interact with people on board the stations.

I can't find a direct link about the player ship, but it's been confirmed multiple times. You can only fly the Pride of Albion and remote control various drones. You can still buy other ships and hire pilots to fly them for you, though.

Edit: Apparently you can also crawl through tiny maintenance corridors. Yay.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:45:38 am by Rhodan »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28