Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49702 times)

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »

Posting to watch.

I'm reserving judgement until after I play it, but it looks really good judging from the trailers.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:30 pm »

Single ship puts this almost certainly into the "no thanks" category for me. I don't care how detailed the interior is, it's not going to make up for every instance of happening upon a ship and going "whoa, that's cool! I want one... ... oh, right".

Making a single ship that can somehow look like the strongest ship in the universe, the fastest and most agile fighter, and the largest freighter around also seems... tricky, at best. Unless the player ship isn't meant to be any of those things, which will also be underwhelming.

I struggle to understand the decision.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 12:32:57 am »

Huge and teeming with life? And the screenshot accompanying the news is filled to the brim with mini asteroids?
here i was, thinking the old X games were running badly at time of launch... :|

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 02:57:28 am »

I'm not especially excited for this one. My biggest enjoyment of playing the X3 games was flying the frigates, destroyers and carriers and having the feeling of extreme size and power, and the removal of that appears to be a major feature of X:R.

This combined with the endless waiting after the initial reveal has drastically weakened my hype level.

I'll probably still end up giving it a go at some point if only because I love these sorts of games, but given how many other games I've got and am looking at I'm not going to be picking it up on release.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 03:19:22 am »

Yeah, unless you can get your ship to be huge, or small, or switch between huge and small ships, makes me really sad. I couldn't care less about ship interiors, and I don't want an adventure game, I want a sandbox :(

Anyway, will be waiting to see what people say about it :)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 03:29:31 am »

It feels more like Elder Scrolls in space, but I like the immersion.

Not really digging the Pride of Albion's look, though. I wonder how visually customisable it will be.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:36 am »

I've not really looked, but the way they talk about customization it seems like you can tack on an entire ship outside of your ship- like a capsule in EVE.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:54 am »

the whole "you only get one ship' thing turned this from 'must buy immediately' to 'eh I'll wait and see if people say its good'

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 04:28:12 am »

the whole "you only get one ship' thing turned this from 'must buy immediately' to 'eh I'll wait and see if people say its good'
Exactly my toughts, im quite sure the game will end up good but also... that look man... that ship look is... ugly... i like symetrical ships or at least mostly symetrical.... Anyway i cant wait to see how it turns out.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 04:30:26 am »

Then again, I doubt it'll be long before modders make a multiship mod.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:25 am »

Then again, I doubt it'll be long before modders make a multiship mod.
The way i see it, it might end up that these ship player will be able to pilot will in fact be oversized drone but being able to switch ship as in shipships, i dont think it will be possible since that is hardcoded, i think i saw something about it somewhere during their initial speaking at the start.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 05:25:35 am »

Exactly my toughts, im quite sure the game will end up good but also... that look man... that ship look is... ugly... i like symetrical ships or at least mostly symetrical.... Anyway i cant wait to see how it turns out.
I actually am okay with the way the ship looks, but I liked gallente ships in EVE which are generally considered pretty ugly as well.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28:57 am »

I actually am okay with the way the ship looks, but I liked gallente ships in EVE which are generally considered pretty ugly as well.
Caldari ships are borderline for my *symetry* acceptance level, they are mostly symmetrical and thats about the max i can tolerate before it falls in the *ugly* zone. There is a few exeption where i saw ship not symetrical but still looking good, but so far the pride of alibion? Meh i dont know, what i saw so far was *meh* but hell who knows maybe a few upgrade in it will be different.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 06:28:39 am »

I hope the Pride of Albion can function as a "command module" for larger ship classes. Just like how they did it in Independence War 2.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 09:58:55 am »

Looks funky,

Im not too bothered about the one ship thing as either it will get other ships added or modded

or of course I could just stop pretending its X3 and play it as its own game.
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28