Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29443 times)

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:00 am »

I guess it's really up to Gerv: Do you want to come up with your own fantasy religion?

Alternatively, we could go with, like, the norse faith or something. All hail mighty Thor!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:25 am »

Alright fine but one more question can we stop being RW christian and go back to unspecified religion in the game? it just seems less problematic.
Actually, I do like the added flavor of it. Then again, it is not Romanic-Catholic-Christianity. The priest are only ( claiming to be, for the devil is the counter-god ) monotheistic, and speak in latin. Because french priest would be amiss - just like those hick-orcs in other games sometimes speak in... well... celtic accents? Despite fairly sure not being related to any celtic group in any way. Well, at least I would have gathered it as that - the christianity stuff I mean.

Alternatively, we could go with, like, the norse faith or something. All hail mighty Thor!
Mr. Play-Doh, I fear that this would be not that much less christian than christianty itself. At least after a millenium of all that overwriting and add-libing, which makes the now known norse-mytos just one big bastard-child that has only the quaintest resemblance to it`s original.

Anyho, who brought that religion-stuff up anyways? I see it derailing already... (Yes, I am aware to be also part of the problem, just because I awnsered. But hopefully in a supporting way. >>)

Edit:
This is the last time I will post regarding religion, unless it is brought up again at a later date.
Yeah, I guess that would be the smartest move we could take right now. Count me in on it ;o
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:36:20 pm by escaped lurker »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:43 am »

All hail The creative mother kiki!

an the god of battle Blastois!

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:32 am »

Actually, I do like the added flavor of it. Then again, it is not Romanic-Catholic-Christianity. The priest are only ( claiming to be, for the devil is the counter-god ) monotheistic, and speak in latin. Because french priest would be amiss - just like those hick-orcs in other games sometimes speak in... well... celtic accents? Despite fairly sure not being related to any celtic group in any way. Well, at least I would have gathered it as that - the christianity stuff I mean.

Well, to be fair, Jesus has been mentioned on multiple occasions. Again, I don't have a problem with that, and it hasn't caused any issues up to this point (well, other than this discussion, which is, indeed, a derailment).

This is the last time I will post regarding religion, unless it is brought up again at a later date.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2013, 01:00:33 pm »

Horrific monday... update on wednesday when I've risen from the dead.

Oh, the punny segue. Regarding the Christianity debate, don't expect me to wade down into this, because I like my replies to herald the coming of updates (or pathetic excuses for the delays thereof ... like this) rather than my knavish babble. To hit it quickly, though, Lordship also had a vague Christianity. The problem with another religion is merely that to denude the middle ages of their proper religion is to create too many gaping holes in the social fabric. You then no longer have the middle ages. Verisimilitude lost.

Certain things about this Christianity are different, of course, but when a knight is concerned about helping the weak and poor, that is not very different from the ideal Christian knight.

The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »

In short, religion is similar to Christianity, but don't worry about it. Correct?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2013, 03:56:09 pm »

issue defeated and also...i had the WORST Monday today. I swear to you if it not for one small insignificant thing that i would call it the worst day ever.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »

Sorry to hear about all the bad days, hope they get better.

Regarding our tourney... perhaps we can play this a different way. Maybe we ask Luther to come and hold an event where many kids wrestle him, a giant of a man. Could be fun, and make it more collaborative than competitive (and then we don't have to worry about winning our match).

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

That would be really...untraditional. I can see maybe combining that with the mock battle idea: a troupe of knights bands together to take down a giant that is threatening the city, but the actual tournament should still occur. In fact, having a mock tournament for children could be an entertaining spectacle for the whole city, especially if we convince mother to host a real tournament at the same time, working the children's division in between the adults.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:52 pm »

If we do this {and i believe the general consensus is yes} it's going to be competitive. NO BUTTS!

To what Plato said it would be interesting in but would Marna who lost her love let one of her last sons compete with the slight risk of him getting hurt arrange the tournament? would she motherly guard us with a "NO" or say "...I will allow it" an let us continue on the footsteps of our father.

Interesting idea Plato i raise you a cookie.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

All hatred of posteriors aside, I do agree that there must be a competition. That's kinda the whole point of a tourney. I do, however, feel that your anti-butt agenda may have some negative impact upon the jousting. :) <3

All joking aside, I doubt that she will refuse us this opportunity, particularly as it could raise general morale of everyone, including the commoners. Come to think of it, I assume that the harvest/spring festivals are still going on? We could do it during the preexisting tournaments. Plus, it would give our men even more attention, again reinforcing that what they are doing is truly special and important.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:34 pm »

Sounds legit.

However I will call our group a gang until a truly heroic action is
attempted/successfully executed.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2013, 08:54:52 pm »

No butts? What is this heretical display of fuckery? I haven't had anything to say so far in this thread, but I will not allow any anti-buttockal activities to take place on this forum in-character or OOC, for that is a line that crosses into a treasonous act against the human species.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »

No butts? What is this heretical display of fuckery? I haven't had anything to say so far in this thread, but I will not allow any anti-buttockal activities to take place on this forum in-character or OOC, for that is a line that crosses into a treasonous act against the human species.

shieeeeeeeeeeet

the rumpus defender has arrived

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2013, 09:40:50 pm »

TCM bring it you'll NEVER STOP OUR BUTT BAN!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30