Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29409 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2013, 10:26:39 pm »

I like how TCM just jumped in at the mention of a possible anti-butt movement.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

Is that a reputation he has? Lol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2013, 05:53:21 am »

It's a more general reputation for insanity even compared to an "average" Bay12er, but yes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2013, 09:07:10 am »

I better back off then before the insanity rubs off on me. Also GWG why is it that your avatar changes like all the time?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2013, 10:01:18 am »

I use...I forget what it's called, but it's a site where you can upload a bunch of pictures and have a url for a picture that cycles among those at random points.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2013, 11:28:24 am »

Is something going on irl Gerv? I'm starting to get worried for your wellbeing, just disappearing without a trace like this. Are you alright?

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »

Is something going on irl Gerv? I'm starting to get worried for your wellbeing, just disappearing without a trace like this. Are you alright?

He probably got pissed off by the massive derail that happened earlier in the thread and is taking a while to cool off.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:25 pm »

I'm with jaass he'll be back...hopefully or this time ill cry harder.

Edit: Gerv hasn't been on I hope he's gotten through his bad worst day ever...said a very afraid guy typing on his Phone.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:59:45 pm by 3man75 »

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:36 pm »

(response to flaming removed)

The real deal is I was busy at work. A guy quit without notice and I had to shoulder his load. I sent a few PMs to people who worried about me in this thread, and then I put my head down again. If I had been on earlier, I would have been angry earlier!

Anyway, not sure what to do about this thread. I had thought to resume the updates over the weekend, having got the new hire settled in, but... wow. Just wow. I won't even italicise this response, because maintaining the flimsy charade that we're still in a thread about a suggestion game, whereof I am the italicising Game Master doesn't seem to bear up to even a passing glance anymore.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:09:51 am by Toady One »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

Maybe this game, and it's lineage should stop. I'm not saying to completely railroad this type of game, as it is amazing. But perhaps this particular chapter of it simply doesn't agree with the forum anymore. Perhaps a completely new game of this type would solve it. Don't add any reference to this. Perhaps, I don't know, let it cool down a little. But please don't let the trolls of malicious intent forever railroad this genre of forum game. It's a really, Really great concept. And I thank Maldevious and Gervassen for bringing this genre to the forums. As I said, really great.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2013, 09:16:37 pm »

I think i'd better speak up too. I was with lordship the whole way through, even if I didn't always involve myself in the debate. I'll come right out and say it was Maldevious who inspired me to create Prince. That said I also watched the whole thing fall to pieces on two or three different occasions, ultimately leading to the demise of the work of maldevious.
I was a little hesitant with some of the spin-offs, as in some part I agreed with mal's decisions, some of us were getting out of control, and it seemed to fly in the face of his decisions, but I also hoped that maybe we could come together and learn from our mistakes.
I'm not sure we are quite there yet, but we need to get there, in whatever way nececarry. We need to try our utmost to be respectful to one another, and respect the wishes of our gm's, maybe even entirely boycott and ignore someone who's being overly antagonistic or who you just cannot get along with, whatever you need to do to keep respectful.

Let's try and come out of this slump, I really want us to be a community on this.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2013, 08:16:09 am »

I cleaned up a driveby post and some remarks related to that, some unrelated forum drama and some guideline violations not related to any of that, handed out a few warnings, and so on.  Please try to keep it together.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:21 am »

Thanks Toady! Yay! I really want this to go on, Gerv, and I'm pretty sure the rest of the community does too. But, in the end, it's your choice.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2013, 10:59:26 am »

I rarely post, as I mostly just enjoy reading the wonderful flavor thrown out by the GMs, but I too love this genre of suggestion game. Gerv, it would be great if this could keep going. But if you don't feel like keeping it up just know that I enjoyed it immensely.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2013, 12:07:25 pm »

Miraculous intervention there, Toady. Really appreciate it.

Let there be no undue suspense while I'm quietly getting back into the groove: I'm restarting the updates to this thread over the weekend. No soul-searching or doubt, not affected in the slightest by the heckling. Will have abundant free time. I'm just still figuring out what I had planned in the game before the SHTF for me. I admit it has gotten just a bit fuzzy.

I hate posting without an actual update, but while the encouragement is invigorating, it isn't necessary. This is to let you all know that it is being picked back up. Nothing in this thread contributed to my stressful leave of absence,  I'm glad to be back, so no worries.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30