Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29458 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2013, 04:18:22 pm »

Education is easy to make up for later in life; I'm sure as the son of a Count we'll be in the classroom plenty. But if we develop a reputation as an aloof scholar, all the books in the world won't help our leadership and charisma, which are much more important in a leader. I'd rather play a well-liked scamp that knows how to have fun than a studious reader, but that's just my two cents.
+1

Realistically, within this time period, education wouldn't be much valued (unless we plan on being a priest). A studious nature would negatively impact our reputation, and not just with children. We need to be a knight, a warrior, not a scholar, and unless we are being taught battlefield tactics, we leave!
At this age, we can chop out the "Unless" clause.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

Education is easy to make up for later in life; I'm sure as the son of a Count we'll be in the classroom plenty. But if we develop a reputation as an aloof scholar, all the books in the world won't help our leadership and charisma, which are much more important in a leader. I'd rather play a well-liked scamp that knows how to have fun than a studious reader, but that's just my two cents.
+1
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »

+1

Yeah. Alright change vote to this.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »

True leadership comes from when we start a gang and lead them to dominance. However were like 6 now so just for now stay in school untill recess.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

True leadership comes from when we start a gang and lead them to dominance. However were like 6 now so just for now stay in school untill recess.
Saints Row V: Medieval Edition

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »

Saint rows V: Saints in europe

"We're changing how you live MURICA!"

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2013, 11:09:14 am »

Turn II -- Spring, Age 6

With only a slight pause to register your deep respect for learning as an abstract concept, you quickly decide that the tedium of learning in its actual practice is not well-suited to your temperament on a fine spring day. You throw your shoulder into boosting Hammy up and he flops out the window with a thud, closely followed by you with much greater agility. The two of you race away into the gleaming brightness, laughing, with nary a glance back in regret. It is a choice that you have made often on recent sunny days, earning you the camaraderie of the other local boys and a well-toned but rather scrawny body.

While knowledge of letters continues to elude you for the moment, you realise that your habitual truancy has taught you many practical things about the castle and its inhabitants. The forty local children are split into several loose social groups: the children of guardsmen tend to follow Cadmon's lead and are usually up for rough games and sports, sometimes even bullying other children; another group around Harry prefer sly mischief, often tweaking the noses of adults; and the third group comprises well-behaved children usually led in regular children's games by a bossy girl called Queenie--or now and then by Hammy Cook, who uses his stoutness and kitchen privileges to drift through all the groups unopposed.

Still, in quiet times, you occasionally brood in frustration at the incomprehensible scribbles in the book that you retrieved from the attic. The first week of school, you gave the book to Brother Herman and asked for his help; but after giving you a questioning look, he told you it appeared to be the private journal of Aaron Foles, who had ruled as Count for most of Herman's life. The elderly monk was tempted to take the book from you, but ultimately shrugged and returned it, declaring that it was not for him to prevent one Count spying on the thoughts of another, but he would not be party to the act. Without rapidly improving your literacy, you still haven't decided your next move.

"Huh... huh... Okay, we shook him." Hammy pants when the two of you round the corner to the courtyard, and you share a chuckle at the imagery of the elderly monk tottering after you in a chase. "Ah! Now I'm fair famished! I'm hitting the kitchens."

As Hammy stomps off on his quest for nourishment, you survey the sunny courtyard and mull over the usual things you do. You could visit Luther and the guardsmen drilling near the training fields, who always receive Little Lord Fence Post warmly. Hammy would welcome your company in the kitchens. Cadmon and his rough gang are wrestling each other near the stables. A tall girl is leading other children in a roundelay, or a dancing game. You spot Harry running away with dried goat's blood still smeared on his face, his friends laughing at his trick, and a part of you is curious to join them for additional escapades... although another part of you itches to lead your own "gang" of children altogether, just like Cadmon and Harry, but what would you do together?

Alternatively, you can strike out alone on your own quests. There's the ghost of Jack Scamp to hunt down, or you could seek out someone to help read your recently acquired book--but who? You could impose your presence on the courtiers again and watch mother rule. Or visit Father in his crypt. Spring-time is the awakening of a whole new year, and there would be unlimited other options, if only you could imagine them.

But first, you sit down, rest a little, and take stock of how the last year has formed you...

Spoiler: Social Networks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:13:40 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2013, 12:36:48 pm »

My vote is for Little Lord Fencepost. We should look for ghosts inside shelter after dark, and show the book to Mother. Maybe we could get a gang together for some more refined rough play, swordsmanship and all that. They would join us at the barracks, and we could spar and joust and stuff. Once we come into our own, we can knight them and they'll be our equivalent of the Knights of the Round Table. Well, them and Ludda, of course. Hammy seems like he'd be willing to join in, so we've already got one!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2013, 12:52:54 pm »

How I see it go be little lord fence post and learn how to fight.

Then challenge cook(the bully kid) for ownership of his gang.

Keep Fighting him untill we win and then beat all the other kids into submission.

After that trow a party by sending our little mininions to steal food, pick a location, and party like the bratty privilege kids we are.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2013, 01:05:52 pm »

My vote is for Little Lord Fencepost. We should look for ghosts inside shelter after dark, and show the book to Mother. Maybe we could get a gang together for some more refined rough play, swordsmanship and all that. They would join us at the barracks, and we could spar and joust and stuff. Once we come into our own, we can knight them and they'll be our equivalent of the Knights of the Round Table. Well, them and Ludda, of course. Hammy seems like he'd be willing to join in, so we've already got one!

+1 to this. I like the idea of forming a band of young Knights, much more dignified than the wrestling rif-raff... no need to wrestle when you've got steel in your hands.

I'm worried about showing the book to mother, but it comes from OOC knowledge, that Aaron Foles was a drunken lout, and I worry that mother will remove the book from our possession... but, as I said, there's really no way for us to know that in character.

And yes, I think we should continue to explore the crawl spaces, looking for ghosts ostensibly, while we are still small enough to do so. Might hear something interesting while we're at it.

Edit: Fixed a typo
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:21:56 pm by Maldevious »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

+1 to this. I like the idea of forming a band of young Knights, much more dignified than the wrestling rif-raff... no need to wrestle when you've got steel in your hands.

I'm worried about showing the book to mother, but it comes from OOC knowledge, that Aaron Foles was a drunken lout, and I worry that mother will remove the book from our possession... but, as I said, there's really know way for us to know that in character.

And yes, I think we should continue to explore the crawl spaces, looking for ghosts ostensibly, while we are still small enough to do so. Might hear something interesting while we're at it.
+1, but we should tie a string to our foot s we don't ge lost.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:14 pm »

As for the book ask mother who the count was and show her the book. ((I want an honest character dammit)). An mal I disagree on being the spitting image of our dad and step out of his shadow/becoming our own man while respecting dad's way of doing things.

As such take over the bully gang and then unite all the other gangs/social circles through force. Then becoming a benevolent ruler like our dad.

As for finding jack screw it there's a reason he couldn't come out so let it be!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:29:16 pm by 3man75 »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »

When did I say we needed to be a spitting image of our dad? I just said let's start our own little group, and go exploring.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:59 pm »

Take over the bully group, make them our group of friends...sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »

When did I say we needed to be a spitting image of our dad? I just said let's start our own little group, and go exploring.

Forgive me I was abit aggressive. It just felt like you wanted a "new" samuel stone instead of
A character alltogether.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30