Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29441 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2013, 10:34:32 am »

Turn 2?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2013, 10:41:06 am »

As a former GM of a game like this, I'd say give him some time to write... he said within 48 hours yesterday, and the quality of prose Gerv produces takes a lot of effort. Plus it is a bit annoying to be pestered for turns when in process.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:12 pm »

As a former GM of a game like this, I'd say give him some time to write... he said within 48 hours yesterday, and the quality of prose Gerv produces takes a lot of effort. Plus it is a bit annoying to be pestered for turns when in process.

Well he ws worried it was losing popularity due to pace. I didn't mean to pester, only to show that interest still exists.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2013, 03:10:51 pm »

PTW
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2013, 05:36:22 pm »

so what if it losses popularity they will return in time. PLUS im staying no matter what.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:06 am »

Spring, Age 6

"Jack Scamp is ruh-ruh-rotting in the wall!" Harry Noughting proclaimed in front of the other children, and they giggled nervously at his irreverent answer. The fate and whereabouts of the missing child remained an ample source of disquiet and morbid fascination. After the first night of wailing cries tapering into soft moans, no one had heard from Jack ever again. Rumours and ghost stories then abounded to frighten the children and even a large portion of gullible adults into hysteria. Finally, Lady Marna took action. The first step was a public sanctifying of the castle grounds by the Bishop himself.

"Yes and no, Harry. That is the right sound, but Jack Scamp ruh-rests in heaven now. Good. Sit down. Next."

A little girl rose from her stool and gave Brother Herman her wax tablet. "R is the dog's letter. Arr-ruh. Arr-ruh. I like ruh-ruh-roses!" Brother Herman inspected the tablet and returned it with a nod. "Good. Sit down. Next." The second step was to institute day-long schooling for all the castle children during the winter to keep them too busy to create more ghost stories.

Today, just as every other day since, has been filled with boring drills and recitations. None of you, except perhaps smug little Gervaise, want to be here--and to be fair, Brother Herman, a bald old man too slow to run away from the schoolmaster assignment when it came rumbling down the pipe, also clearly has something other than teaching children on his mind. He sighs as he continues. "Next is the letter S, children. S is the serpent's letter. Sss. Sss. Now watch me write."

Your attention wanders to the lancet window which frames a lush scene of life returning to the world outside in shades of green. Spring has arrived, and you could be playing outside right now. You fidget restlessly and feel your little muscles aching to play some sports. You glance at the other children and see many other eyes also on the window, but Harry Noughting is talking to Cadmon Pike and Hammy Cook. Hammy is looking sideways at the schoolmaster as he gives Harry a leather pouch.

Brother Herman finishes writing the letter. "Now, say the letter S-sss and a sss-sentence."

Gervaise stands up first unbeckoned and gives Brother Herman his wax tablet. "S is the serpent's letter. Sss. Sss. Sss-seldom have I learned sss-so much, Brother Herman!" The elderly monk studies the tablet, and his face lights up. "Yes, well, the flourishes are a bit more than needed, but very excellent work, Gervaise, very excellent indeed! You'll make an outstanding scribe." His face hardens again. "Now young master Harry."

When Harry begins to walk toward the schoolmaster, Cadmon Pike sticks out his foot and trips him. The tablet clatters on the floor as Harry tumbles to the ground in a heap. The heap begins shuddering with sobs of pain. Harry stands up with blood streaming down his face, and his hand is gripping the wooden stylus that has pierced his eye socket. He stumbles over to a corner and collapses again. Brother Herman follows. "Oh sweet Jesus! Harry, my boy, oh sweet Jesus! Come let me examine it!"

"It hurts-sss! It hurts sss-so bad!"

On that cue, Cadmon Pike stands up and shouts to the other children, "Jack just stole his eyes! Bloody hell, everyone run! Jack wants our eyes now! Out the window! Go! Go!"  Most of the boys pile into the window and jump outside, screeching and laughing. Hammy slaps your back as he passes by and whispers, "Goat's blood from the kitchens. Help me up!" He heaves himself half-way onto the window sill and his flabby legs flail in the air.

How does the young Lord Stone react? Stay in school, or go play?

The last roleplay ended so badly that I felt a need to show how the children eventually coped. Through making it a joke. This answer is not trivial, though. It will be taken to represent a general preference rather than one isolated event. Is Lord Isaac Stone too cool for school? Let's find out. After the jump, I'll provide the turn data and you can give options for the year.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:56:31 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2013, 11:29:26 am »

Holy crap! Is there a stick poking out of some kids eye!?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2013, 11:35:36 am »

Maybe try and help the poor boy...

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:25 am »

That's what the schoolmaster thinks. It's a prank pulled by Harry, Cadmon and Hammy to distract the schoolmaster while everyone runs. I was thinking about leaving that open to question, but decided to have Hammy tell you. I guess I still left it too ambiguous. Harry and Cadmon planned the diversion together with a pouch of goat's blood smuggled from the kitchens.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:35 am »

Ah, then my vote is to boost Hammy out the window and go play! We already got through S, anyway, so that's a good start on our education.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:19 am »

Stay in school and learn fammit better now then later.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:07 am »

Leave school today, and try to form a gang to play a game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:51:57 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

Stay in school and learn fammit better now then later.

Fammit. And yes.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »

Education is easy to make up for later in life; I'm sure as the son of a Count we'll be in the classroom plenty. But if we develop a reputation as an aloof scholar, all the books in the world won't help our leadership and charisma, which are much more important in a leader. I'd rather play a well-liked scamp that knows how to have fun than a studious reader, but that's just my two cents.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

Realistically, within this time period, education wouldn't be much valued (unless we plan on being a priest). A studious nature would negatively impact our reputation, and not just with children. We need to be a knight, a warrior, not a scholar, and unless we are being taught battlefield tactics, we leave!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30