Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Only War: Warband IC  (Read 8452 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband IC
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

The Commissar, unfazed by the lieutenant's scene, strides after the squad at a reasonable pace to keep following behind them. His eyes take just a little while to get used to the light, a Forge World's skies being more polluted and in some known instances dark enough to blot out the sun, especially around large industrial areas. His training having been conducted offworld in a Schola, he's aware of the drastic changes of scenery present in the Imperial worlds, though it hardly takes the shine of being taken to such a bright-looking world.

On the bad side, there is always the worry that idleness may try to slowly creep into the regiment's ranks and make them derelict their duties. "Use the time granted to us here to get acquainted, but do not allow this place to soften your hearts, minds and bodies." the young political officer warns as he follows a few meters behind the group of soldiers.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 08:58:00 pm »

Putri answers Avos with a half smile. "Eheh, I don't just mean now. Just... always, even when I know it's safe." She shrugs widely. "It's a natural thing for me!"
The commissar spoke, and Putri nodded, an automatic salute snapping to her forehead. "I will stay vigilant, sir!"
And indeed, her eyes were sweeping the area around her not just for the beautiful scenery, but to satisfy her own paranoia.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 09:00:42 pm »

Belensh speaks up, the first bit of personal information coming out. "Scenery's okay, I guess. Too bright, too cold, too open, for my tastes." His voice is gruff, and his eyes dart back and forth as he marches, taking in the area and looking for likely places of cover or ambush; He wasn't a Sergeant for nothing, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:47 pm »

The Tech-priest gave a quick salute to the Commissar, choosing to be safe, even though he didn't truly know whether or not he was under the Guard's regulations on such things, then went back to examining his augmentations for any imperfections and thinking to himself.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 09:07:14 pm »

Noticing Putri's action, Avos quickly salutes. He falls into a more natural pace, and continues talking with her. "I don't see how you are nervous here of all places. He nods to the Commissar, and in all seriousness asks, "Of course sir, will we be having daily drills?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:04 pm »

Belensh glances at Avos and his eyebrows come together in momentary confusion, then harden as he clenches his jaw. "Yes, we will, Trooper, as all Guardsmen will," he says pointedly, as they near the processing area.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »

After about ten minutes of marching, you reach what appears to be the north-western perimeter of the airstrip. There near the border of the area lies a large collection of tents and tables, occupied by the various logistic and administrative workers of the planets. A majority of them are either local PDF men given the dull task of keeping records for the time being, but there is a sizable presence of Tech-Priests operating the various machinery used to keep records. It seems there were already quite a few guardsmen squads getting processed here before, so you spend the next ten to fifteen minutes waiting in line to get to one of the processing tables. This is definitely a far cry from the usual active life you lived back on your home planet, as everything here carries a laid back and rather relaxed atmosphere. Men slowly shuffle forward in line, logistical workers leisurely move about there business, and the ever creeping feeling of having little to do dawns upon you. This definitely will be a boring few weeks.

Twenty minutes pass by, until you're finally to the front of the line. Your squad stops by a metal table, with only an aging computer on top of it and a young Tech-Priest clothed in a red robe, and a large metal-respirator fixed to his mouth behind it. “Name, Regiment, and Platoon.” he states in a metal-like, monotone voice, briefly glancing at his data-slate to take a few notes before impatiently drumming his metallic fingers upon the table.

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:59:00 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 09:54:48 pm »

Belensh salutes smartly and raps off the information. "Belensh Harverid, 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment, Platoon III."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »

Wait for our Tech-Priest or Sergeant to deal with the procedures. Head to the chapel to pray. If there is none, order some Guardsmen to find materials and set one up.

"Hoskuldr Hedinson. Confessor of the Ecclesiarchy. Assigned to 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment, Platoon III."

Hos walks away after being processed into the Tech-Priest's dataslate. He then proceeds outside while awaiting further instructions. Considering that this world was more lax, he could use his time to strengthen these men's resolve. He gets up on a crate where the men are sitting and gambling. He raises his arms, and yells at the top of his lungs.

"Brave men and women! Are you not better than gamblers, than drunkards? Shape up! You are the Hammer of the Emperor! You are His weapon! A weapon does not gamble! It does not drink! It strikes! It smashes His foes!

If you wish to be absolved, come to me! Listen to what I have to say! Confess! Repent! Through your officers, through the Guard, through the flames of war, through the Emperor himself! You will be reforged in his light! Listen to me, and I will ensure that you are reforged without impurity! Without heresy! You will reflect but a fraction of the Emperor's Light, but you will burn His enemies to the ground!"

Take in any Guardsman for confession or help with his mind after the Chapel is built.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:21:42 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »

Avos continues to make small talk with Putri, as they wait to be processed.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »

The Techpriest approaches the table next.
"Novumus Vitam. Attached to this platoon by orders of the Adeptus Mechanus."
His voice is quiet and matter of fact, though with a certain mechanical, grinding quality.

Afterwards, he heads over to the armory, to assist with the inspection of equipment.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

As Avos steps up after the tech priest he states the required information then heads over to where the other two who have already passed are waiting.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 10:08:27 pm »

Aleksandr, 66th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment, Platoon Three.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »

As the rest of the squad files through, he glances back and asks, "Alek, Putri, you two wanna go find something to do?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

As the rest of the squad files through, he glances back and asks, "Alek, Putri, you two wanna go find something to do?
The tall guardsman flashes a dirty smile.

I'm not one for fun and games, comrade. Someone needs to keep an eye on the wayward guardsmen, though, make sure they don't disappear.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10