Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 563682 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2865 on: June 19, 2018, 11:47:02 am »

It's great how he keeps his CHA-based style, too.  I love that lying line.

Speaking of, 1125.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 19, 2018, 11:55:43 am »

That cat would so totally be gobbling that bird up, not looking concerned.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 19, 2018, 12:54:59 pm »

I think Mr Scruffy is about to kick some serious ass
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 19, 2018, 01:28:06 pm »

Given that an order or action that is extremely conflicting or abhorrent to the character is one way to break the dominate hold, it's possible that Mr Scruffy attacking Belkar could snap him out of it.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 19, 2018, 01:37:48 pm »

Vampires have Dominate Person, not Dominate Monster. Familiars are not considered people by rules and thus can not be dominated by it.

Mr Scruffy and the Raven are not dominated. As they are friends of each other, Mr Scruffy is not going to eat the Raven.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 19, 2018, 01:43:59 pm »

That cat would so totally be gobbling that bird up, not looking concerned.

His eyebrows show plenty of concern.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 19, 2018, 01:46:23 pm »

Mr Scruffy is a normal, non-magical, non-sapient cat. Cats are adorable and occasionally affectionate, but if we're being honest, they're solitary predators and don't form "friendships" in the same way that humans do. If you die, it'll eat your body.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: June 19, 2018, 01:49:40 pm »

Belkar's domination here is a little weird, in that he didn't get any orders from the vampires.  He's still operating on Roy's "Protect V" order.

It's a little weird how that translates to "stab the cleric", except that Belkar does have a history of stabbing targets of opportunity.  Particularly when tasked with caster-defense, heh.  And I guess for all he knows, the cleric is bluffing (I doubt he has spellcraft).

Anyway, I'm really not sure how this will play out...  But maaaybe he cares about the bird too?  I have an amusing but longshot theory that Mr Scruffy urinates on V, and Belkar snaps out of it because he really doesn't want to protect V from such a "prank".  But that involves Mr Scruffy being even more intelligent than usual, probably.

Mr Scruffy is a normal, non-magical, non-sapient cat. Cats are adorable and occasionally affectionate, but if we're being honest, they're solitary predators and don't form "friendships" in the same way that humans do. If you die, it'll eat your body.
That's *technically* true, but Mr Scruffy has all the Extraordinary (not Supernatural) intelligence that a PC often expects from their animal companion :P  He's like Marmaduke:  1-2 INT, but practically understands Common.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:30 pm »

More likely, the cat will be endangered or actually injured/killed by Belkar, causing said homicidal midget to snap out of it. Plus, his previous experiences with dominate would make his overcoming of this instance particularly cathartic, and allow the spellcaster to be healed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 19, 2018, 01:55:35 pm »

Didn't Scruffy and the raven already bond in combat with a bunch of rats? I don't remember exactly when, I think it was on the airship, but I'm pretty sure that was a thing. Also, familiars break a lot of rules and really aren't the same thing as a regular animal from what I remember.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 19, 2018, 01:58:32 pm »

More likely, the cat will be endangered or actually injured/killed by Belkar, causing said homicidal midget to snap out of it. Plus, his previous experiences with dominate would make his overcoming of this instance particularly cathartic, and allow the spellcaster to be healed.
Yeah, though Mr Scruffy was already hanging out very close to V, so Belkar isn't going to even try to harm him unless he does something.  I guess someone else harming Mr Scruffy could do it.
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 19, 2018, 01:59:42 pm »

The Raven is a familiar. The cat is just a ranger's animal companion. One is magical, the other is simply... extraordinary, I guess. ;p

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 19, 2018, 02:08:17 pm »

A thought, it probably backfired in another way in that as a ranger/tracker, Belkar has pretty good hearing. Or maybe it's a hobbit thing, not sure.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 19, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »

Maaaybe?  He has atrocious Wisdom for a ranger, being unable to cast spells (even from a scroll, heh) which I think means 9 or less.  He could have a lot of points in Listen, but the third strip implies otherwise.  Loooong time ago, just thought it was funny.

Huh, hobbits halfings do get a +2 on Listen checks though, you're right.
She/they

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 19, 2018, 05:07:43 pm »

Wrog thread sorry.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:57:03 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 313