Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 563641 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2835 on: May 21, 2018, 02:59:30 pm »

Oh, look who failed their will saves.
EVERYONE.

Everybody on the GitP forum seems surprised that Hilgya failed her save roll. Also. V and Minrah didn’t fail their rolls. And Kudzu, but that may be due to notDurkon promising to not hurt him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: May 21, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »

That's the nature of die-based game systems, yaknow. Don't matter how much wisdom you've got when you roll a Nat 1.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:41 pm »

Oh, look who failed their will saves.
EVERYONE.

Everybody on the GitP forum seems surprised that Hilgya failed her save roll. Also. V and Minrah didn’t fail their rolls. And Kudzu, but that may be due to notDurkon promising to not hurt him.

I'm pretty sure Kudzu is safe because Durkula doesn't consider him a real threat. Also, Dominate is a standard action. I think that based on Roy's attacks and the vampire's eyes, it's been two rounds. One the first round, Roy threw his sword as a standard action attack, then Durkula dominated someone. Poncho girl also fired a dominate on her turn. Then they all did the same thing again on the next round. None of the Order targets made their will save, so the vampires succeeded on 4/4 attempts.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: May 21, 2018, 03:19:04 pm »

Hilgya is supposed to have high will due to being a high level cleric (certainly the same level as the rest of the party. Though as mentioned in the GitP forum, bad rolls happen.

@enemy post: Durkula did promise not to hurt the kid. However, he hasn’t told his minions not to, which could be a pretty big loophole since Durkula only said that he would leave the kid alone. I suppose it depends on what flavor of evil Durkula is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: May 21, 2018, 04:52:39 pm »

Well that ain't good. At all. Next up: Why mind control is terrifying!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: May 21, 2018, 05:11:26 pm »

Vampires are BS.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: May 21, 2018, 05:19:17 pm »

Blood Suckers? I agree.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 21, 2018, 06:30:28 pm »

Vampires aren't supposed to be trivial, no. Sure, they have a ton of weaknesses that never seem to apply when you need them to.

I was wrong, V's Fireball only killed three of the vampires it hit. One in the very back of the blast, really hard to see through the flames, that visibly survived.

Also, did one of those vampires directly target Belkar's Protection from Evil accessory? While PfE doesn't stop Domination from hitting, it does stop the dominator from commanding the target.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 21, 2018, 06:49:09 pm »

Oh, that'll be fun. Watch him just keep fighting the vampires while still having swirly eyes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: May 21, 2018, 07:21:02 pm »

Vampires aren't supposed to be trivial, no. Sure, they have a ton of weaknesses that never seem to apply when you need them to.

I was wrong, V's Fireball only killed three of the vampires it hit. One in the very back of the blast, really hard to see through the flames, that visibly survived.

Also, did one of those vampires directly target Belkar's Protection from Evil accessory? While PfE doesn't stop Domination from hitting, it does stop the dominator from commanding the target.

Hard to tell if that one actually survived or not. It’s not ‘visibly survived’, it seems to be taking the core of the fireball right in the face, with the bright core obscuring whether it died or not. I can just barely see X’d out eyes for that one, so, it’s definetly four killed with one succeeding in their dodge roll.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 21, 2018, 07:24:03 pm »

The consensus on GitP appears to be that the item is fine, but it works by casting the buff when activated. The active PfE buff was dispelled, and Dominated Belkar has no desire to reactivate it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04:59 am »

Can't dominate kitty
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: May 22, 2018, 09:26:29 am »

Can't dominate kitty

Or the raven. Though Blackwing probably shares the same will stat as V. They most likely ignored the kitty as a non-threat.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 22, 2018, 11:47:31 am »

It'd never work on the cat or Blackwing; the vampire's dominate works as Dominate Person, which only affects humanoids.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 22, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

This is why cats are superior to people
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 313