Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561054 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 952 Weather or Not
« Reply #870 on: May 20, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »

Much as I'd love Thor being aware of Durkon's state, past experience suggests he's just drunk.
I was thinking that, but decided not to say it out loud. Good job. Now ya prob'ly jinxed it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 20, 2014, 03:58:36 pm »

Based on the last frame, it looks to me like Belkar realizes that things are far more wrong with Durkula than the others thought.
He also had a similar expression when Durkula pulled out the "Thor's nuts!" line. Might be he'll be the first one to deduce that something is wrong (and he's probably extra skeptical from Durkula almost, you know, killing him. Might lead to one of those scenarios where Belkar realizes what Durkula is, but nobody believes him because he's Belkar after all.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 20, 2014, 04:06:46 pm »

Based on the last frame, it looks to me like Belkar realizes that things are far more wrong with Durkula than the others thought.
He also had a similar expression when Durkula pulled out the "Thor's nuts!" line. Might be he'll be the first one to deduce that something is wrong (and he's probably extra skeptical from Durkula almost, you know, killing him. Might lead to one of those scenarios where Belkar realizes what Durkula is, but nobody believes him because he's Belkar after all.
And he worked so hard on decreasing his Evil Level, too.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 20, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »

And also because Roy's major flaw is not listening to what people have to tell him.

Alternatively, he does listen, just for the extra bit of character development for the two as team players.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »

That might happen. But he is already convinced of Durkula's evil though, and he has made this clear to Roy.

And if you remember what happened last time Belkar was the first to notice an infiltrator, and the last time Belkar faced a vampire, and the math doesn't look good for him.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 21, 2014, 12:22:19 am »

I have a feeling that Durkula is going to have a very unpleasant experience with Belkar soon. Possibly going over the side of the airship. After all, he is supposed to go back home posthumously.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 21, 2014, 05:04:09 am »

I have a feeling that Durkula is going to have a very unpleasant experience with Belkar soon. Possibly going over the side of the airship. After all, he is supposed to go back home posthumously.
That was already shown to be a bit of a joke. He'll go home posthumously because as a vampire, he's dead already.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 25, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »

That was already shown to be a bit of a joke. He'll go home posthumously because as a vampire, he's dead already.
Yeah, I know. Didn't they just fly into the jurisdiction of the dwarven gods?  I wouldn't be surprised to see belkar toss durkula overboard, thus marking durk's return home and the fulfillment of his prophecy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 26, 2014, 03:29:44 am »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #879 on: May 26, 2014, 03:46:22 am »

Haha, I kinda sorta expected that to happen :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 26, 2014, 05:29:39 am »

He's not got away with it just yet.  We haven't seen the storm clear, and it's uncertain if Hel can even dispel a thunderstorm sent by Thor - you know, the god of thunder.  Guess we're gonna have to wait ten minutes and see.

Edit: I just noticed the title.  That is a good title.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:31:18 am by Remalle »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 26, 2014, 05:35:06 am »

I don't see how Durkon's favor with Thor is in any way relevant to anything. So yeah, he's an undead abomination, so what? It was kind of established already.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38:23 am »

It all hinges on whether this will play out like standard D&D or like a myth. Logically, nobody can stop the god of storms from doing what he does best unless he lets them, but rules exploitation might allow him to get away with it anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 953 High Pressure Front
« Reply #883 on: May 26, 2014, 10:22:52 am »

I thought that cleric magic is really supposed to be a cleric just asking their god for something to happen, with the effect channeled through the cleric.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 953 High Pressure Front
« Reply #884 on: May 26, 2014, 11:30:36 am »

Indeed. It would be reasonable to assume any god could make or dispel a storm, and therefore the cleric could, but the question is whether they could do the same when the dedicated god for that phenomenon has a vested interest in it not happening.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 313