Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561062 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 952 Weather or Not
« Reply #855 on: May 19, 2014, 07:16:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure the reason they're staring at Durkon is not because he should've prevented the storm but because they think he is the reason Thor is attacking them.

Or I might be reading too much into it.
Love, scriver~

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 19, 2014, 07:25:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure the reason they're staring at Durkon is not because he should've prevented the storm but because they think he is the reason Thor is attacking them.

Or I might be reading too much into it.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Just because he's not a priest of Thor anymore doesn't mean Thor should be angry at him, especially if he's still the same person and therefore a faithful servant.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 19, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »

Maybe Thor would just be generally opposed to his clerics becoming directly opposed to him and what he stands for, and a creature anathema to his nature. That's what I would say, not like they know anything about Thor.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 19, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »

Might work, but consider that they're heading for the dwarven homelands. It's already a risk that someone's going to happen to mention that Hel controls all vampire's souls, so is it really a good idea to add the risk that someone will ask about Thor being angry and discover that that isn't true?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 19, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »

The lightning bolt dodged the lightning rod to strike the ship directly. The only way that could happen is if the god that threw it wanted to make damn sure that the folks on that ship knew he was pissed, and did it on purpose.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 19, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »

The lightning bolt dodged the lightning rod to strike the ship directly. The only way that could happen is if the god that threw it wanted to make damn sure that the folks on that ship knew he was pissed, and did it on purpose.
And so will need an excuse. A excuse with holes that might be poked apart later is better then no excuse that gets you poked apart into holes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 19, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »

Honesty is the best policy in my opinion.

"Lad, I'm sorry to have kept it from ya, but... as a vampire, I ain't a cleric of Thor anymore."
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:06 am »

I'm pretty sure they know he isn't a cleric of Thor's any more, even though they don't know he's under the patronage of Hel. I figure the attacks were because the gods don't want him coming back to the Northern Lands, because of the prophesy and all that junk.
Love, scriver~

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 20, 2014, 10:13:39 am »

Pretty sure that if real!Durkon is still spiritually present, he'd maintain his spiritual connection to his god. Even if he didn't, Thor would still know that Durkula was not the real Durkon, and be expecting Durkon up in Valhalla, seeing as how he's a PC trying to stop a deicidal abomination. When he didn't show up, they woulda got worried. So, there's a good chance that the gods know that Durkon's spirit is still trapped inside his body, controlled by... something, even if they don't know that it's an avatar of Hel.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:01 am »

Based on the last frame, it looks to me like Belkar realizes that things are far more wrong with Durkula than the others thought.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:24 am »

I imagine Thor is aware of how multiplanar soul allocation works, and thus is perfectly aware that the most powerful "living" priest of his has been mindjacked by a negative energy construct.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 20, 2014, 12:39:34 pm »

I imagine Thor is aware of how multiplanar soul allocation works, and thus is perfectly aware that the most powerful "living" priest of his has been mindjacked by a negative energy construct.
My point exactly. Even if he doesn't know, he should still know that something is up.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 20, 2014, 01:13:52 pm »

So... Durkula has no points in lying/speechcraft/diplomacy?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »

Much as I'd love Thor being aware of Durkon's state, past experience suggests he's just drunk.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 20, 2014, 02:47:31 pm »

So... Durkula has no points in lying/speechcraft/diplomacy?
He's a cleric, so probably not.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 313