Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558550 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 924 Resource Management
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2013, 12:46:44 pm »

somebody in the OOTS forum said she could cast more or less 20 times, due to the way psions work ( they use power points rather than spell slots)
of course, we don't know her level, nor the details on wormhole. So she is going to cast it until plot demands it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2013, 01:20:36 pm »

Haley's boots :(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2013, 03:47:46 pm »

I think that's the first time Haley used her boots of speed, first time I noticed anyway.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

I think that's the first time Haley used her boots of speed, first time I noticed anyway.
It is indeed.  Interesting that the first time she uses them is when she's airborne.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 925 Catching Up with Family
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2013, 06:02:52 pm »

Damn, that Dimension Door puts the caster-chick at a caster level of 18, if we're going 3.5 edition rules. It's one creature per 3 caster levels, and the Huge triceratops counts as four creatures. So the triceratops plus two passengers makes for six creatures pulled along.

...well, unless fourth edition changed that somehow. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »

It is indeed.  Interesting that the first time she uses them is when she's airborne.
In strip 675, she gets them dyed to another colour. They shouldn't be green in the latest strip.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2013, 06:13:35 pm »

In strip 675, she gets them dyed to another colour. They shouldn't be green in the latest strip.

If you noticed, they stop being green when she gets shot. The green color was clearly a magical aura.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:44 pm »

Hmm. Belkar out, Haley down, I think I'm detecting a "pick'em off one by one" vibe.  They are increasingly less capable of handling a fight, so winning y force isn't in the cards. Perhaps, Elan talks his father down? I don't know, but escaping doesn't seem possible, and fighting will fail badly.

Hmm, without the Allosauraus, the Order would be toast, and without the Triceratops, Tarquin wouldn't be able to catch them at all, and would need to go back for another, which is where they might escape entirely. I suspect a Dinosaur fight is in order.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:25 pm »

Damn, that Dimension Door puts the caster-chick at a caster level of 18, if we're going 3.5 edition rules. It's one creature per 3 caster levels, and the Huge triceratops counts as four creatures. So the triceratops plus two passengers makes for six creatures pulled along.

...well, unless fourth edition changed that somehow. :P
Might not be DDoor. Also, Rich has said he's not going past 4e.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2013, 09:23:53 pm »

I thought the psion girl was using Wormhole.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2013, 04:10:51 am »

Twist ending: Tarquin accepts that Elan talking him down and not assuming leadership makes just a good story as what he wanted, albeit a slightly more complex one.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

Update.
Belkar never gets to keep any of his stuff.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 926 Through the Wormhole(s)
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:58 am »

Well then. That seems inconvenient.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:02 am »

Baleful Polymorph doesn't have a time limit, right?  Can it be dispelled?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2013, 04:38:02 pm »

Baleful Polymorph doesn't have a time limit, right?  Can it be dispelled?
Thought you needed Break Enchantment, but the d20 SRD doesn't mention anything like that that, so I guess dispelling would probably work.

Assuming, of course, that they can beat the caster level, have dispel prepared, are willing to try trading spells with him, etc etc. I suspect they're going to give up and just start fighting without it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 313