Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558497 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 926 Through the Wormhole(s)
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »

Baleful Polymorph doesn't have a time limit, right?  Can it be dispelled?
According to the Internet, it seems that the effect is permanent. There is a whole thread I found on whether Baleful Polymorph can be dispelled, and it seems the consensus would be that it can be, though...poor Belkar.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2013, 05:04:18 pm »

According to the Internet, it seems that the effect is permanent. There is a whole thread I found on whether Baleful Polymorph can be dispelled, and it seems the consensus would be that it can be, though...poor Belkar.
As a Permanent effect, it can be dispelled- permanent means that after the spell is cast, magic is still going on. Compare to, say, Wall of Stone, which is Instantaneous- once the wall of stone is made, the magic is done, the wall isn't magical so it can't be dispelled.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

Remove Curse, possibly? While it doesn't mention Baleful Polymorph specifically, I would assume Baleful Polymorph fits the description of a "curse", and Remove Curse's spell description also mentions that except for specific and powerful curses, it should be an automatic success.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Tarquin and co. are Level 20, if not epic. Assuming Laurin is a Psion Nomad(likely, given the teleportation effect), that puts her at at least 343 power points, assuming 20th level, and I'm not sure on bonus points due to ability scores. I can't find any power similar to the one she's using in the SRD, so I'm not sure how many power points she's burning per hop. Psionic Teleportation(9PP) seems to be the closest one, except that one could not possibly have brought an entire army like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2013, 01:02:33 pm »

It looks like a psionic equivalent to Gate, so it's a fair guess that she's burning through 17 pp and some xp for each one. It is, however, conceivable that she's some sort of spellcaster who just happens to have a bunch of ioun stones, or if she's been explicitly stated to be a psion, she may have multiclassed with Psychic Theurge or whatever it is that advances casting and manifesting. That would imply either she doesn't have 9s in one, or she's epic, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »

or if she's been explicitly stated to be a psion,
Tarquin specifically introduced her as a psion.

Also, isn't there one more person in their group? The page showing a flashback to them has a guy with a sword and shield.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »

The power is Wormhole. The Giant clarified it on the forums, I tuink.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2013, 12:31:08 pm »

Baleful Polymorph was once used on V to turn it into a lizard. It can be undone.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2013, 12:51:16 pm »

or if she's been explicitly stated to be a psion,
Tarquin specifically introduced her as a psion.

Also, isn't there one more person in their group? The page showing a flashback to them has a guy with a sword and shield.
There were 6 of them, 2 leading each country. Jacinda is in the Empire of Blood currently. Number 6 guy presumably is either on his way or doing something else. I wonder what Tarquin told his teammates?

Baleful Polymorph was once used on V to turn it into a lizard. It can be undone.
I sorta doubt V will be able to do anything to the lizard quickly enough to get them out before team Tarquin starts attacking. Especially since they can of course simply kill the lizard.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »

So how does Prismatic Spray work, anyway?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 927 Can't Help Himself
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2013, 10:10:14 pm »

It blasts a 90-degree cone that does one of seven effects, chosen at random, to each thing inside it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2013, 10:24:02 pm »

Tarquin's going to do something....!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2013, 10:31:47 pm »

And he doesn't look like he's in a good mood at all.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 29, 2013, 10:56:19 pm »

So how does Prismatic Spray work, anyway?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prismaticSpray.htm

Tarquin looks mad. I am tempted to think he walks up to them and yells, and then situation defusing occurs, because even now, realistically, the Order could not get out of even a favorable fight with them without losing a man or two. That and it would be pretty lame to see Tarquin, who up until now has been able to take all members of the Order bar V head on, utterly lose, especially when backed up by 2 presumably equally powerful friends and against a weakened group.

Or he could unleash some monster that tries to eat the Order. But I think he is bummed out on letting underlings die, so I think he wants to kill him personally.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:57 am »

Can someone please post the comic here? My school blocks giantitp.com as a games website.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2013, 09:18:53 am »

Can someone please post the comic here? My school blocks giantitp.com as a games website.
I doubt Toady or the Giant would be happy with that.  Can't you just wait until you get home?  Or use a proxy?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 313