Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558527 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 927 Can't Help Himself
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:01 am »

Can someone please post the comic here? My school blocks giantitp.com as a games website.
I doubt Toady or the Giant would be happy with that.  Can't you just wait until you get home?  Or use a proxy?
Yeah it's true. And giantitp.com is a games website.

Depending on your school's competence level, a proxy could work.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:23 am »

Prismatic Spray is probably one of my favourite spells. It's awesome and fabulous.

...Doesn't really look like Tarquin is taking any acid damage, though, which is strange seeming as both of the others is clearly showing fire and electricity effects. Here's to Rich having misremembered the colours and he's actually supposed to be stricken by green, and the resulting 1d8 Constitution damage will save the day.
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:01 am »

I hate all the prismatic spells. D:< They mess up my campaign bad. Especially Prismatic Wall, cast by an Initiate of the Seven Veils. Prismatic Spray is okay.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:04 am »

First of all, it's only 1d6, and secondly, I wouldn't put it past Tarquin to have something to give him insane SR.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2013, 10:47:11 am »

Oh, right. Spell Resistable.

So much for me being extraoverly detail-munching in order to get a "I told you so!" in the future ;)
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:36 am »

Weeell, maybe he has Evasion and made his Ref save. You could suggest that.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2013, 10:51:15 am »

Tarquin isn't mad about the spell, he's mad because Elan came up with an idea, executed it, and then asked Roy what he should do next.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »

Well yeah. Nobody was saying he wasn't. The comic is pretty on the tin about it.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2013, 11:17:06 am »

I'm kinda surprised Miron survived that. 80 points of damage isn't something you shrug off, plus the Fortitude save against death from massive damage. And it doesn't look like he made a Reflex save, either. Resist Energy/Protection from Energy?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2013, 11:30:22 am »

I'm kinda surprised Miron survived that. 80 points of damage isn't something you shrug off, plus the Fortitude save against death from massive damage. And it doesn't look like he made a Reflex save, either. Resist Energy/Protection from Energy?
Plot armor.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 02, 2013, 04:46:37 pm »

Typically, if you can survive 50+ points of damage, you can make a DC 15 fortitude save with a very good reliability. Also, Tarquin's party is obviously fairly high level.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:27 pm »

Well having 80+ hit points is really not unreasonable for their character levels. If he's got a D6 for hit dice, and has a +2 for con score (and con should never be a dump stat for anyone), then he would have at a minimum, 51 hit points, at a maximum, 120 by level 15. With an average of ~85.5.

I'm seriously guessing at this stuff though, I don't know what character class he is, or what level. Not sure if either has been explicitly stated yet, though I know the PC are at least level 13, probably more, and that these guys would probably be their level or close to it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2013, 04:52:14 am »

Plot armor.
I really doubt anyone has this.  :P

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 04, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »

To quote Goblins: that psion is grossly overpowered.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 04, 2013, 08:20:15 pm »

Imo Tarquin has been leaning towards wrong genre savvy. Note he expected Nale to work along with Malack instead of killing him.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 313