Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24526 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTD (attempt the second) Finally, PLOT
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2013, 10:25:03 am »

Emma slowly drifted up from the haze of sleep into a state that could - charitably - be called 'almost awake.' Without opening her eyes, she yawned and began to take stock of her situation. First of all, she was nude - she could tell from the cold air; apparently she had kicked off her blanket at some point in her sleep. She was definitely in a bed of some sort, lying face down against the pillow. OK. That wasn't exactly an unusual way for her to wake up. However, the nudity suggested that there might be someone else in the bed. She tried to recall last night with little success. The last thing she remembered was an odd earthquake and a flash of light as she fell down.

So. Either she had been abducted by aliens, she had injured herself by hitting her head when she fell and spent the rest of yesterday in a fugue state, or she had for whatever reason gotten ridiculously drunk last night to the point she couldn't remember yesterday. The first was unlikely, but the latter two were slightly more troubling. She reached up with a hand and touched her forehead gently, then the back of her head. Neither felt particularly tender or sore, so a head injury was out unless she had been in a coma, and she didn't have any trouble moving her arm so that seemed unlikely - as did the fact that a hospital wouldn't at least put a dressing gown on a patient.

That left only the last possibility. The bed wasn't hers; she had more pillows than this, for one thing. So she had gotten drunk and picked up at a bar. Oh dear. She felt around with her other hand, but the bed was empty except for her. Whoever it is had better be making breakfast, I don't remember eating anything yesterday, she thought grumpily as she rolled onto her back. That was when she heard a man nearby groan something about how he had quit drinking. Settles that, then. Then another man asked what the hell. Then a woman said something uncertainly. Then another man said something about buying drinks, a fourth man mentioned being confused, and a second woman muttered something about a nightmare. ...OK, there is NO way in hell I got THAT drunk. EVER.

She sat bolt upright and cracked her head on the bunk above her. "Ow! Jesus Christ!" she said, pressing her hands to her forehead and immediately forgetting about her nudity as she got out of the bed, rubbing the sore spot. "Anyone mind telling me what the hell happened?" She looked around at the group with a frown before spotting the baskets of clothing. She moved over to them and looked for hers.

Emma procures belongings and gets dressed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:57 am »

Get dressed, grumble to myself.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »

OK thatls everyone, I had a lousy night of sleep and I think I am sick, I will try to do the turn today, but dont expect it early, sorry guys
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

(It's okay. Just take it easy and focus on getting well, all right? ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:44 pm »

Three cheers for insomnia, looks like im not the only one suffering this week.

Being sick sucks though, just get the turn out when you can  :)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 3, Is that permenant?
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2013, 12:05:16 am »

(sorry for the delay, especially since i didn't really need you actions, I did want you to have some roleplay time for it though)

Turn 3: a brief change

The nine of you are confused, and exclaim loudly, looking for your clothing, it seems that everyone's possessions are all in the baskets at the end of their beds, Erik acts like a gentleman and throws all the girls their clothing so they, dont have to expose themselves but otherwise leaves the contents of every basket but his alone. You all find out that none of you remember what happened.  This all takes half an hour, eventually you all move to claim the rest of your possetions.

{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}

When you do this you find that your trinkets are all warm, and the candles flicker in an absent zephyr. Meanwhile Erik and Emma

________________________________________________________________________________

Erik O'Kelly: you feel a sensation just shy of pain, extreme discomfort would probably be the best way to describe it. It shoots all through your body. It seems to last an eternity, but when it is done your body feels a little strange, with examination you find that your ears are now pointed and you can feel the strands of fortune, Huh!

Erik O'Kelly has undergone his 1st awakening; acquired Fortune, acquired [By taking an action that requires no roll, you may exchange your fortune to curse an enemy with misfortune, forcing them to reroll the first 6 or 5 that they roll in a turn, this lasts until you take an action to curse another enemy, the enemy perishes, or you decide to reclaim the luck (takes no action)]Unluck[/acronym]

________________________________________________________________________________

Emma MacIntyre: Pain shoots though your body, you literally feel as if your body is on fire, your face pushes out slightly and your leg muscles change, forcing you to walk on your toes your fingernails lengthen and sharpen slightly, and a light fur, which were you to look in a mirror you would see is black, starts to cover the affected areas.  After it is over you can smell things you never noticed before. Oddly you still feel as if you were on fire, but it is no longer painful, nor even uncomfortable

Emma MacIntyre has undergone her 1st awakening; acquired Slightly Canine, Aquired Fire Affinity
(while I have given you some specifics, especially for Draig I want you to roleplay this, it should be quite confusing, players have specifics so that they know what they can try)

While this is happening the door creaks open and a man dressed in a black and red robe walks in, seemingly attempting to be unheard. When he notices you are awake his face is visibly relieved.
“Thank the light you are already awake and dressed, that will make getting out of here easier, I see it is already happening to two of you, but we can't stop to talk just yet, we have to move!”

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)
SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:25:33 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2013, 12:09:57 am »

Yawn, shoot the robed man the bird.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:49 am »

WHat bird? and with what?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:55 am »

Erik was generally a non-combative man. He had been a grief councilor once, and it was still his natural inclination to avoid conflict when possible. However, feeling his suddenly pointed ears and listening to a complete stranger insinuate that he knew exactly what was happening, Erik was ready to make an exception. He was in a strange place, surrounded by strange people, one of whom had just undergone a partial transformation into a (admittedly fetching) giant dog. There was no frame of reference in which to place the events of the last half hour.
   In light of the recent insanity, Erik made a split second decision. It wasn't one of his best.

"Jump him!"

Tackle the robed man's knees. Bring him down in effort to pin him for questioning.

WHat bird? and with what?

((I believe he means that he wants to extend his middle finger to the newcomer and wave it about rudely.))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:01:25 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2013, 01:05:23 am »

oh, ok

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2013, 01:37:15 am »

"Like hell we gotta move, we aren't going anywhere until you explain where the fuck we are to begin with." snarls Elric at the robed man before joining Erik in his assault.

jump on robed man and hold him down, if successful draw pocket knife and hold it against the mans throat demanding answers.

Questions to be asked:
"where the fuck are we and why have you brought us here?"
"why were we naked, what did you do to us?"
"why did the attractive lady turn into a werewolf?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2013, 01:45:43 am »

Mini turn

The man puts up no resistance as the pair of you tackle him into the ground.

"where the fuck are we and why have you brought us here?"

"I have not brought you anywhere, but as to the rest of your question, its a two parter.  One, there are places where the gaps between dimensions, worlds, realities, whatever you call them where you come from, you must have fallen through one when it temporarily tore open, part two you are in a sort if waiting room, you see the cult of Skoll, who I am infiltrating are trying to bring about the end of the world, and they think that YOU are spirits from the other side that can help them so they bring you here"

"why were we naked, what did you do to us?"

"The cult wanted you to sleep comfortably and nothing"

"why did the attractive lady turn into a werewolf?"

"In short, this world has shapes to fit everyone that visits, but YOU don't match your shape"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:01 am »

"What do you mean don't match our shape?"

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2013, 01:54:56 am »

"Look we don't have much time, but it's obvious your going to keep me here till you can wrap your heads around it so here goes this world, we do not really have a name for it, it's just The World, has a preconceived idea about what everyone should be like, and it is changing those that do not fit what The World wants them to be, Until the DO fit"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2013, 02:05:04 am »

i guess thats good enough for now, but this aint over by a long shot.

let the man up and peek out the door to make sure he was alone, follow him afterwards.

one final question, how did you plan on getting us out.
Ive got no intention of joining any cult, too many people all prying into my business and using my shit without asking.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:11:46 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23