Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24505 times)

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 3, Is that permenant?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »

Thomas absently pinches his shoulder, as if to test that he's still awake. Satisfied by the small if painful sensation, he moves to follow along with the rest of the group. He looked back at Emma, noticing she seemed a bit confused and distressed. Then again, she had just sprouted fur and practically become a werewolf.
"Well, I can safely say this would be the scoop of the century if i wasn't going to be sanctioned upon printing." He sighed, smirking."I'd say about now would be when introductions are in order. My name's Thomas, Thomas S Hunter. And yourselves?"

Try to keep group calm with introductions while also keeping an eye on surroundings for anything else that might jump out.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 4, maybe it's legit
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2013, 08:45:03 am »

{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}{?}

Turn 4

Good, I was hoping the PCs would end up grouping together, I know its a bit of a foregone conclusion but when you are thrown into a weird place, you cling to ANYTHIGN that you can at least im pretty sure that's what I'd do

Also having discussed the rules with someone outside the game, I have come to realize that agility is a silly thing to base hitting off of, its really all about your skill, and with heavier weapons you do need strength but that only ever counteracts penalties, however this also means than Unholy_Pariah's knife skill also boosts his hit rolls, I will edit the rules post sometime.

i guess thats good enough for now, but this aint over by a long shot.

let the man up and peek out the door to make sure he was alone, follow him afterwards.

one final question, how did you plan on getting us out.
Ive got no intention of joining any cult, too many people all prying into my business and using my shit without asking.

{? (perception rolls always hidden)} You see no one else in the corridor, which seems to be of the same rough hewn stone light with candles, turning around to gesture to the others that it is ok the man speaks again I have a small stash of weaponry in a room on the way out, hopefully we will not need it. At this point the plan is really just RUN

Dick absentmindedly looks over at Emma. Uhm... that's certainly unusual. And did that guy have pointed ears all along? This was confusing.

"Wait, wait. A doomsday cult of some sort? And they're calling us in because they think we can bring about the end of the world?"

He laughs for a moment.

"Boy, are they gonna be disappointed."

Examine the man carefully.

The man ignores your comments as he turns to lead the group out of the room, you look at him, he is basically average for any meaning you can make of it, in general circumstances your eyes might just slide right over him, the perfect spy. He seems uncomfortable in the robe, which you guess is standard wear for this cult or whatever.

Then you feel a spark from your clothing, your body protests as your muscles bunch up, and your fingernails get ever so slightly pointed, but the most disturbing thing? the feathers sprouting along your neck and the two patches in the small of your back, pressing up against your clothes. Once the feeling dies down the feathers are still there and they seem to have a limitless amount of static in them.

Dick O'Kelly has gone through his 1st awakening, he has gained +1 strength and Lightning Affinity

Emma grunted and put a hand to her forehead. That bump against the top bunk must have been harder than she realized; her whole friggin' face hurt. No, worse than that. Her entire body was burning with pain. Something was wrong with her legs; they couldn't hold her up and she fell to her hands and knees as the pain intensified in her face and lower legs. She pounded the ground with a fist, closed her eyes, and gritted her teeth, holding back a scream as her face... pushed out and her legs felt as if they broke. Her body burnt; it was too hot in here. Much too hot. And her nails were puncturing the palm of the hand she had clenched into a fist; she could feel thin trickles of blood running down it.

The pain seemed to pass, but she didn't want to open her eyes; not after hearing some of the things the other people in the room were asking. Most notably the word 'werewolf'. Oh, God... I must look like some kind of freak now... she thought. She knew it had to be her they were talking about. Shortly after the pain had stopped, smells had intensified; she could practically identify where all the people in the room were by scent alone, although she didn't know which one was which. And it was still uncomfortably hot. And her face felt... wrong. It wasn't the same shape and it felt like it had fur on it.

She hauled herself to her feet, using one of the bunks for balance as she got adjusted to her new method of standing. It was... something like high heels, which she had never particularly enjoyed wearing on the few occasions she'd had reason to; not entirely new, but uncomfortable none the less. Finally, she opened her eyes. I need to find a mirror... I need to see what happened to me. That was now her first concern. This strange robed man, with his half-overheard explanation of how this world (which apparently meant her first theory about being abducted by aliens had a lot more credibility than she'd thought) was trying to change her shape to fit it was a close secondary concern; she'd deal with him later.

Find mirror and observe self, then follow the group. (Basically, I just want a complete run-down on what's changed and how. Do I have a muzzle now? Is the fur only on the head and lower legs or is it across the entire body? That sort of thing.) If none is available, follow the group until one is. Try not to feel like too much of a freak.

Fur is arround your hands, lower legs and a bit on your face, as I said before you have a short muzzle, and your nails are longer and sharper but not quite thick enough to call claws

Thomas absently pinches his shoulder, as if to test that he's still awake. Satisfied by the small if painful sensation, he moves to follow along with the rest of the group. He looked back at Emma, noticing she seemed a bit confused and distressed. Then again, she had just sprouted fur and practically become a werewolf.
"Well, I can safely say this would be the scoop of the century if i wasn't going to be sanctioned upon printing." He sighed, smirking."I'd say about now would be when introductions are in order. My name's Thomas, Thomas S Hunter. And yourselves?"

Try to keep group calm with introductions while also keeping an eye on surroundings for anything else that might jump out.

You don't think anyone really noticed you, they seem much to worried at the moment {?} you notice nothing that may jump out

"...Fine."

Follow this strange man.  Cautiously.

"Ok then..."

Follow the robed man

"Oh. Well, better escape. Surely you speak the truth and this can only lead to good things."

Follow robe-man.

Follow robe man while complaining loudly.

Erik coughed and got his breath back. He wasn't terribly good at tackling people, and he'd had gotten the wind knocked out of him when he'd hit the floor around the robed man's knees. He didn't have the air to ask questions, so he did something he was much, much better at: he listened. The other man pulling a knife had surprised him, but it also brought home the reality of the situation. He was out of his depth in dangerous water, and he needed to know more about what was happening.

Stay with the group, but break down and analyze everything Robes said/says. Try to get a feel for how much danger he thinks we're in, and, importantly, whether or not his motives are altruistic.  Keep a careful eye on dances-with-wolves, that kind of a change is bound to have a profound psychological effect. She might need help coming to grips with her new shape.

Everyone seems to think the man, while maybe not altruistic, is at least not looking to harm them, while following him down the corridor, flanked, seemingly at random with heavy wooden, probably oak, doors,  Erik decides to get a feel for the people here {? analysis rolls always hidden} you, think the robed man would rather not be here, and wants you here less, but something about him makes you think that if he thought you were about to be captured, he would kill you himself to prevent it, you feel he is more interested in keeping you out of the cult's hands, than in keeping you safe, Emma meanwhile seems to be in the middle of a freakout, to be fair the whole situation could be causing that, but you think a calm setting would be a very good move for her

________________________________________________________________________________

After about five minutes robe guy stops at yet another unmarked door, and opens it- gesturing you inside, once inside he takes off the robe ”don't know why I kept it on that lonf, I will not be sorry to the last of this place” Beneath the robe he is wearing brown trousers held up with a good quality leather belt, and a white tunic emblazoned with a blue sailing ship.  The room itself seems to be a minor storage room, mostly filled with barrels of water.  Your erstwhile rescuer pulls out a loose stone to reveal a small pile of weaponry, he takes a flintlock pistol and a rapier, then tells you to split the rest up amongst yourselves

3 Daggers
2 Hand axes
5 Hand Crossbows (with 50 bolts)

Stats for the items, also, some items may have a weight stat, this is actually the weight penalty, this is canceled out 1 for 1 with strength, so heavier weapons will need strength to get them to the baselinge, but more strength than that will not help them hit, ranged weapons use a dex roll to hit.

Quote from: dagger
Hit: +1
Crit: 5
Crit Threshold 3
Damage: 5
Str: ½
Crit damage: 10

Quote from: hand axe
Hit +0
Weight: 1
Crit 5
Crit threshold 4
Damage 6
Str: full
Crit damage 6

Quote from: hand crossbow
Hit +0
Crit 5
Crit Threshold 4
Damage 8
Crit damage 16
Special: full turn reload

Daggers count as knives btw

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)
SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:53:56 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2013, 09:26:17 am »

Take an axe or a dagger if someone else want them, but get a dagger at least. Check the room for anything else. Like something in the water barrels.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2013, 09:27:35 am »

Aw, crap. Now it was happening to him as well. Feathers? Really? And static, too. Better hope he doesn't grow a beak. That would be seriously awkward.

"Uh, looks like I'm changing as well," he says, showing his fingernails to the group. "Not as dramatic as the... erm... canine person, but something's definitely happening."

Take one of the crossbows and a dagger. Better to have two weapons with ya.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2013, 09:49:21 am »

"right lets make this quick." says elric stepping into the room and quickly tucking a dagger inside his coat before handing the weapons out in an efficient and orderly manner.

walk into the room and begin passing the weapons out to the others, begin by pocketing a dagger and handing a crossbow and 10 bolts each to jeramiah, dick and genoa.

((Im taking one of the daggers to go with my trait and the 3 characters above are our most dextrous so they are gonna get first dibs on the crossbows. This does not mean you cant sweet talk them into handing them over afterwards though.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:11:18 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2013, 10:26:22 am »

Erik wasn't a big fan of carrying weapons, not against it, but he'd never really felt the need. Of course, the situation had changed, and when in Rome... Erik grabbed the last hand crossbow and a share of the ammunition. He'd shot at a range a couple times, and he wasn't great at the wild-west quick shooting and intuitive aiming -he'd never had the wrists or coordination to manage it- but he could always surprise somebody when he took his time with a shot. He was perceptive, and he know how to recognize patterns and predict them enough to be step ahead.
   The thought of actually shooting a living thing still turned his stomach, but he had a feeling he'd have to get over that.

Grab a hand crossbow and ten bolts
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:28:54 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

Emma gently probed her teeth with her tongue as she flexed her hands, looking at the shaggy black fur covering them. This was going to take some getting used to, that was for certain. After a moment, she sighed. "Yeah, well, you're lucky," she said to Dick. "At least you're not turning into a human Pomeranian." Speaking of, he'd referred to her as 'canine person' and the other guy, Thomas, had suggested introductions. "I'm Emma MacIntyre. I was, ah... an aerobics instructor before all of this. Also held a yoga class on Tuesday and Thursday nights." She sighed again. If this was permanent, there was no way she could go back home looking like this. At the same time, she was morbidly curious as to what the final result of this transformation would be. I kind of wish it would hurry it along a little. At least a full covering of fur.

She sighed again and looked at the weapons, then half-heartedly grabbed an axe. She'd never even BEEN in a fight... so might as well take a weapon that required no real skill or finesse. You just... swing it as hard as you can and hit other people with the sharp end.

Emma takes an axe. Also, check teeth with tongue, and maybe actively try to get the next level of the awakening?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:51:58 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:23 am »

Clair also introduce herself "I'm Clair, just Clair. I'm a vet." She give a look at Emma "Nah, too easy of a joke."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:45 am »

Emma gave Clair a blank look that could be best expressed by an emoticon. "...I don't think this is going to be something you or anyone else can fix," she said after a moment before turning her attention to the robed man. "This change... is it going to be permanent?"

Also ask the infiltrator this. ^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2013, 11:11:35 am »

Charlotte looked nervously over the weapons, the closest thing she had ever used to one before was a stick when pretending to go on adventures as a child. She had hoped that she would never be forced to use one, it looked like she had little choice now. Reaching forward she picked up the last dagger giving it a few practice swings through the air before letting her arm fall to her side. She then turned her attention back to the rest of the group, another person had already changed she wondered how long it would take before she began to change too.

"My name is Charlotte, Charlotte Venture. I am... I mean I was trying to become a writer"

Take the last dagger
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:35:49 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2013, 11:16:17 am »

Emma smiled. Or attempted to, given her new lower face. "You, too? What were you going to write about? I, uh, I tried to write a few fantasy novels, but... well, writer's block," she said.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2013, 11:31:37 am »

Charlotte smiled back "Y-yes, I was planning to write fantasy as well. I had started one before... well before all of this"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2013, 11:48:01 am »

Erik looked up from attempting to stuff a crossbow in his pants as people started to introduce themselves. "Erik O'Kelly, with a 'k' in Erik. I was a grief counselor, a long time ago, but recently I've been professionally unemployed." He shrugged. "Not much else to say."
   He smiled wryly at the pair of women as they talked about writing. "I don't think either of you will have trouble with authentic inspiration when we get back."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2013, 11:51:33 am »

Emma nodded. "Yeah... it's hard to think of a fresh take on things, isn't it? The most I ever accomplished was, uh..." Well, she was about to admit she was a nerd. Might as well get it out there. "...a few Dungeons and Dragons adventures for my gaming group back home, before I moved to Canberra. Not much, you know, just kind of 'dungeon of the week' style things. What about you?" She glanced over at Erik as he introduced himself. "Ah, but then it's not fantasy, is it, Erik? That would be an autobiography." She grinned at him to let him know she was joking around. Even if she was still feeling odd about her transformation and confused about the situation, she could at least try to keep up the illusion of high spirits.

Besides, making fun of it lessened the worry a little. Not enough, but a little.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2013, 11:56:41 am »

Another O'Kelly, Dick notes. Probably not related. At least, Dick hopes not. He hadn't recognized him, so he can't be from the big ol' happy O'Kelly family, then.

"I'm Dick O'Kelly. I'm a barber, and I'm very pleased to meet all of you."

"Yeah, well, you're lucky," she said to Dick. "At least you're not turning into a human Pomeranian."

"Eh, don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll be able to point and laugh at all of us in due time. Like when I get a beak in the middle of my face, that'll be a barrel o' laughs."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23