Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107348 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »

Deathsword, Shakerag, Nerjin, you going to answer Toaster's question? Did any of you get an upgrade last night?
Only one thing happened last night, which I already said: I was blocked.

The following question may seem RVS-y, but this game is not really going anywhere and I need a read:
ZU: If you had replaced another person, and birdy not replaced out, would you have voted him (birdy) based on his play until his last post?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:29 pm »

No idea its too late for me to answer that question w/o bias.

NQT's straying into IIOA hmm...

Shakerag: Why aren't you worried about being lynched?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 29, 2013, 12:03:56 am »

I disagree but whatever.

Sorry for lack of participation this day guys. Lots of stuff has happened.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:28 am »

Hmmm.

WUBA:
Tiruin - Jane Addams
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Public Health Awareness: All protects become kills. All other actions become protects. All kills go through protects. X-shots used by other players are not used up.

If the effect of this ability changed a one shot from whatever it was to become a protect, would the one-shot still be used up?
No. In that case, the one-shot would not be used up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 29, 2013, 04:20:59 am »

The only person who hasn't given any kind of account for their night actions last night is... Nerjin. Care to tell us whether you learned anything last night? Also, please answer Toaster's question:

Nerjin, you going to answer Toaster's question? Did any of you get an upgrade last night?

ZU
That's pretty funny ZU. You ask someone to post a recap of claims and then you passively attack the person who does just that for doing just that. Right now I'm waiting on Nerjin and Shakerag to answer Toaster's question, but in the meanwhile I'll be doing my usual vote analysis, probably in less than an hour's time.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2013, 04:25:00 am »

I've already told you guys the only ability I have that targets is "Smooth Talk". Pay attention.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 29, 2013, 04:35:58 am »

Deathsword
I have not forgotten. I am thinking about it, revising it, so to speak. Birdy was replaced and I currently going over my case and how he acted and comparing it to ZU's behaviour so far.
Still interested in seeing this. What do you think of ZU's response to your question?

Nerjin
I did pay attention. Checking all your claims, I'm pretty sure you never said it was your only power, it's just the only one you claimed. If The Iqovian was allowed to double vote and had two night actions he could use at the same time, I'm pretty sure you have more than just a vote steal.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2013, 06:57:11 am »

D3 Vote Analysis

This seemed to work in other games and it correctly pin-pointed Tiruin, so here's my Day 3 aggregate vote breakdown.

# of players targeted minus RVS
2 - Toaster, Deathsword
3 - Sheep, Birdy
4 - Shakerag,
5 - NQT, Nerjin

Let's break that down day-by-day. (All vote counts below omit RVS votes as these aren't indicative of cases or suspicions.)

Spoiler: D1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D3 (click to show/hide)

So, this method is pretty good at spotting good town (they tend to place high in suspicions), scum and newbish town (they have low suspicion counts). You can see that The Iqovian had much the same vote-profile as Tiruin, but that's to be expected given his low participation. It's pretty lousy as spotting 3rd party, who are often quite active when competent (like Imp and Cheetar). Given that Griff was also a third party, we've probably eliminated all of them from the game, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

So what's the upshot? Well, I'll exclude myself as I'm the only one who takes this seriously and could have deliberately tried to game it. That leaves Nerjin with the towniest profile, followed by Shakerag, Sheep and Birdy/Zu, with Toaster and Deathsword coming up the rear. Toaster didn't vote at all on Day 1 and Deathsword (as well as Birdy/ZU) haven't voted at all today despite the Day almost ending on Wednesday.

Nerjin, You say you don't have any night abilities. It's questionable but not impossible. I guess you've got some autos and a one-shot you don't want to talk about. By my analysis you're the least suspicious, so I'm unvoting.

Deathsword, ZU— the day almost ended and you didn't care to cast a vote. If this was D1 we might let it slide, but this is potentially LYLO. What gives?

Toaster— the only person who hasn't claimed having an upgrade is Shakerag. Could Imp or Tiruin have got it? what were you doing upgrading random strangers that could be scum? This only really makes sense if you knew the alignment of who you were targeting. Also, you've consistently had the lowest suspicion-count in the game, not voting day 1, only voting Cheetar on day 2, and now just following Sheep's vote today. I know you explained about Day 1: care to explain the rest?

Sheep Do you have a case on Shakerag now given the strong possibility that your investigation was made useless by Imp's one-shot? Are you sticking to it out of inertia? I note that you've thus far only formed one case per day on a person.

Shakerag— I know we probably won't see you until Monday, but when you appear I would like a response to this. You say there hasn't been much discussion and yet when you post you don't discuss.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 29, 2013, 09:10:06 am »

Shakerag: Why aren't you worried about being lynched?
Why is it too late, ZU? Can't you answer, with or without bias? This seems a lazy way to say "I don't want to answer that". If you think NQT is straying into IIOA (could somone actually tell me what the acronym stands for, I can't remember), why are you doing nothing but pointing it out?

Deathsword, ZU— the day almost ended and you didn't care to cast a vote. If this was D1 we might let it slide, but this is potentially LYLO. What gives?
I didn't want to throw my vote around and accidentaly cause a hammer, especially if I wasn't convinced whomever I was voting is scum. This just changed, of course.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

Because I already know my role info.

NQT: I didn't bother because I'm getting smooth-talked so I have no vote anyways.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2013, 01:10:27 pm »

NQT: I didn't bother because I'm getting smooth-talked so I have no vote anyways.
Oh... in that case...

Nerjin, why are specifically still stealing ZU's vote but you're not voting them? You're implying they're scummy enough to warrant no vote but not trying to get them lynched. How does that make sense?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 29, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »

Nerjin, why are specifically still stealing ZU's vote but you're not voting them? You're implying they're scummy enough to warrant no vote but not trying to get them lynched. How does that make sense?

... I'm not using Smooth-Talk right now. Unvote

ZU why are you lying?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 29, 2013, 04:28:53 pm »

Hmmm.

WUBA:
Tiruin - Jane Addams
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Public Health Awareness: All protects become kills. All other actions become protects. All kills go through protects. X-shots used by other players are not used up.

If the effect of this ability changed a one shot from whatever it was to become a protect, would the one-shot still be used up?
No. In that case, the one-shot would not be used up.

Okay.  This means Cheeetar would have been able to back up up his King claim, if we assume he was trying to king Birdy N1.

Now.

Nerjin:
I've already told you guys the only ability I have that targets is "Smooth Talk". Pay attention.

This doesn't actually answer the question.  Did any of your abilities get upgraded?

NQT:
Toaster— the only person who hasn't claimed having an upgrade is Shakerag. Could Imp or Tiruin have got it? what were you doing upgrading random strangers that could be scum? This only really makes sense if you knew the alignment of who you were targeting. Also, you've consistently had the lowest suspicion-count in the game, not voting day 1, only voting Cheetar on day 2, and now just following Sheep's vote today. I know you explained about Day 1: care to explain the rest?

Not really.  D2 Cheeetar was my primary suspect all day, and today has been driven by both the cop claim and the fear of randomization.  Unless I have a good reason to do so or changing information, I'm not going to move my vote around just to look good in your vote count.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 29, 2013, 04:31:27 pm »

Because I already know my role info
And how does this stop you from judging a player by his actions? I asked you if you would vote birdy based solely on how he acted, regardless of what his aligment or role was. You seem incapable of answering this question.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:13 pm »

I am incapable of answering the question because I know the basis for his actions so I can't judge his actions on their own.

... I'm not using Smooth-Talk right now. Unvote
ZU why are you lying?
I didn't lie, I just didn't know that.

In that case I'll vote Shakerag because of the inspect result and because of all the interactions Tiruin had with the remaining players I think they were buddies.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48