Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39969 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:44 pm »

((Blunt force is hard to apply when someone causes the air in your lungs to explode outward....))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2013, 11:38:28 pm »

(( Then I'll die happy knowing the Hatcher I hurled at the same time has split your head like a log. Magic is useful and all but a bit of brute force always comes in useful as well. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2013, 11:57:27 pm »

((You'll die happy knowing I can do the same with my mind and I may do it again if your man pulls too many uncomfortable moves on my character.  :P ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:15 am »

She looks over at the creepy puppy torturer guy. Weird though he was, it probably wasn't in her or his best interest to get murdered by ghosts while they're on their own.

"Follow me, man. I see dead people, I think," she tells him.

Run over to Harvey.

"Hey, I think there's mole-people ghosts in the air. I want to know - can you see any shapes? Like... people and so forth?"

Keep an eye on the shapes. What do they look like, and what are they doing?
You run over to harvey and look closely to the shapes. They're translucent, but you can just about make out the shape of human. Some of the shapes seems more..esolid, than the others, somehow.

"Good try, but looks like somebody's home.  I do the same thing, so it was too easy to notice." Lilia smirks as she pauses to examine her opponent- the lock.  Just as she was about to activate her magic, she hears voices.  Cocking her head back slightly, she notices that both Harvey and a new girl she hadn't spoken to yet were trailing her.  She could handle the girl... but Harvey?  Not as much.

Giving no sign that she's aware she's being followed, Lilia attempts to use her powers to mentally pick the lock.  If that refuses to work, she'll try going around back.  Levitation was always an option, but here it looked like an awfully spiky one, and she did't want to test that out in front of the occupied house, oh no.
[adept=4] You concentrate on the inner workings of the lock and try to mentally click all the pegs in place. Only there are no pegs, it seems there isn't even space to turn the key once it's in. How curious. You go around to the back, but all there is there is more dirt and wall. The people who build this place really seemed to like high walls.

"Follow me, man. I see dead people, I think," she tells him.

"I uh...I suppose that works

Follow the Crazy Seer
You follow She That Sees Dead People. You both take a relaxing stroll toward Harvey.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2013, 07:46:18 am »

"Yeah, they're definitely people."

Examine the solid shapes. What are they doing? Just wandering or something specific? Any distinguishable features?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2013, 07:47:26 am »

(( Hey what happened to my turn? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:41 am »

((bah, pc doing weird and editing posts on my phone is friggin impossible, so I'm putting Harvey's action here for one. ))

You close your eyes, you let your chi flowthrough you. You beg the forces of earth, wind, and fire. The great Dragon of the earth answers your pleas! Your eyes spring open and focus on the shape before you. "it's ugly, hideous, repulsive, its very being makes my stomach churn, it..." you continue spouting how vile the form is. I think Terry might take offence at you staring at him like that and calling him names.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:01:46 am by Pancaek »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:28 am »

(( Lol not quite what I was going for, but that works. ))

Turn back to the creepy mansion, see if I can smash the lock.
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2013, 01:54:29 pm »

Terry is stunned by Harvey's outburst, then his little fists clench up in anger as the man turns away. He starts to wonder if he can give Harvey an aneurism by generating tiny air bubbles in his blood....then the asshole wouldn't be so quick to make fun of his appearance!

Terry stays lost in thought about ways to torture Harvey with air magic.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

Nobody was bothering her anymore, which relieved Lilia immensely.  Harvey was doing whatever Harvey does , most likely for the attention of his adoring fans. 

Lilia attempts at levitating herself over the quiet part of the wall.  If she could float out of a pit, this may not be too hard.  The spikes decorating the top seemed like a small issue, but she could probably dodge them.  Hopefully.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

Eleanor waited for something she could help with
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2013, 07:01:46 am »

"Yeah, they're definitely people."

Examine the solid shapes. What are they doing? Just wandering or something specific? Any distinguishable features?
The shapes all seem to wander about, oblivious to anything happening around them. Most of the shapes have only the general shape of a human, without any features whatsoever. Some shapes, however, are less translucent. You can clearly tell, for example, that the one in the ruins to the house next to you is male. He seems to be sitting in midair, rhytmically bringing something from infront of him to his mouth.
(( Lol not quite what I was going for, but that works. ))

Turn back to the creepy mansion, see if I can smash the lock.
You hulk, you mad, YOU SMASH. [str=2+1] You grab your hammer and smash the lock. The moment your hammer hits the metal, an arc of electricity shoots through it and sends the hammer flying from your hand, the lock seemingly unscratched. Thank the gods for plastic handgrips.

Terry is stunned by Harvey's outburst, then his little fists clench up in anger as the man turns away. He starts to wonder if he can give Harvey an aneurism by generating tiny air bubbles in his blood....then the asshole wouldn't be so quick to make fun of his appearance!

Terry stays lost in thought about ways to torture Harvey with air magic.
[Mind=5+1] You think up ways to torture Harvey. expanding the air in his lungs might do the trick, so would putting him in a vacuum bubble. you might even be able to manipulate the air in his bloodstream, making him explode like a balloon. you could also just punt him into the air and watch him fall to his death, you know, for the splat factor. Oh, the possibilities make you all warm and fuzzy inside.

Nobody was bothering her anymore, which relieved Lilia immensely.  Harvey was doing whatever Harvey does , most likely for the attention of his adoring fans. 

Lilia attempts at levitating herself over the quiet part of the wall.  If she could float out of a pit, this may not be too hard.  The spikes decorating the top seemed like a small issue, but she could probably dodge them.  Hopefully.
[adept=4+1] You rise steadily, carefully keeping you balance under control. You rise, and rise, and rise. It seems that no matter how high you rise, the top of the wall just doesn't get closer. You're halfway to the ceiling of the cavern, and still you're facing the same, grey wall.

Eleanor waited for something she could help with
You wait around a bit, looking for something to help with. You see Harvey throwing his hammer away, you're not sure if you can be any help there. You can see Lilia hovering about 5 meters above the wall, you bet she has things covered as well. [Per=3+1] For just a split second, you could have sworn you saw an old man in a faded brown suit standing behind the gate. But when you turn your head, no-one's there.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2013, 07:07:17 am »

"Okay, yeah. These are definitely ghosts of some description."

Extend my senses to the eating/smoking/doing whatever man, try to get an idea of who he was, search his memories similarly to how I did Uriel's.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2013, 07:49:19 am »

Go collect my hammer.
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »

For a few seconds Eleanor simply stared at where she had seen the old man, she had been sure she saw someone but how had he disappeared so quickly. For a moment she wondered whether to say anything or not thinking that it might just be the atmosphere of this place getting to her but finally she decided it would be better to be safe than sorry.

"I just saw someone standing behind the gate"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39