Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39940 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2013, 10:18:51 am »

Eleanor watched as Lilia went off and Harvey followed after her leaving her alone in the ghost town, she decided it was probably best to follow after them. Her powers would be no use on her own and she didn't fancy her odds if she encountered one of the things they had fought earlier.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »

Debating on whether or not she wanted to take the still functioning light from Harvey, Lilia does and quickly backs away from the group without making a sound or even saying where she's going.  She doubted she'd be missed anyway.

The mansion seemed like a great place to find a hidden artifact, so Lilia decides to explore there.  If she could find something interesting relatively quickly, she may not get attacked by anything.

For once in her life, Lilia secretly hopes she'll be followed yet is too frightened to ask.  There was an evil feeling in this city after all.
You walk around the mansion. The wall is about 3 meters high and the top of it is spiked. You try the gate, but no luck. It seems to be locked thight, and the top is also adorned with vicious spikes. [per=5] you notice the lock isn't as dusty as you'd expect, as if someone has been using it regularely. You look trough the gate into the garden. It's completely silent. Some movement catches your eye, and you could swear you saw someone standing in the window for a brief moment.

Sighing to himself noticing where Lilia was going Harvey muttered about pain in the asses for a moment before discreetly moving to follow her.

" Damn it, idiots gonna get herself killed and I really wanted to see what mole men worship. "

Follow Lilia quietly, don't reveal myself unless she gets into trouble if she does move to help her.

Keep my eyes open for anything of the hacking or stabbing variety of weapon and take it if I spot something.

you stalk follow Lilia, keeping your distance. You poke around a bit in a nearby ruin while she's inspecting the gate, [Per=2] You seach, but don't find anything.

Joy sighs with relief as she speaks to Terry.

"Oh, thank God. I thought you might have been possessed or something, turns out you're just creepy. Don't scare me like that, man."

Turn on own flashlight, reach out with seer powers, try to sense general points of interest, disturbances and so forth in the area.
[adept=4] You reach out your senses. Everything in this cavern is calm, probably due to everything being dead. You sense their is something up in that mansion, and you sense sadness and longing near the grey rectangle building next to the church. You also pick up a sense of uneasyness when you let your senses flow over the pond.

As you retract your senses and open your eyes, you suddenly see dimly lit shapes moving throughout the town. You even see one step through Harvey, who is poking around somewhere to your right. It seems your team members can't see these shapes.

Eleanor watched as Lilia went off and Harvey followed after her leaving her alone in the ghost town, she decided it was probably best to follow after them. Her powers would be no use on her own and she didn't fancy her odds if she encountered one of the things they had fought earlier.
You follow the two to the mansion, this place gives you the creeps.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2013, 01:34:48 pm »

She looks over at the creepy puppy torturer guy. Weird though he was, it probably wasn't in her or his best interest to get murdered by ghosts while they're on their own.

"Follow me, man. I see dead people, I think," she tells him.

Run over to Harvey.

"Hey, I think there's mole-people ghosts in the air. I want to know - can you see any shapes? Like... people and so forth?"

Keep an eye on the shapes. What do they look like, and what are they doing?

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »

"Good try, but looks like somebody's home.  I do the same thing, so it was too easy to notice." Lilia smirks as she pauses to examine her opponent- the lock.  Just as she was about to activate her magic, she hears voices.  Cocking her head back slightly, she notices that both Harvey and a new girl she hadn't spoken to yet were trailing her.  She could handle the girl... but Harvey?  Not as much.

Giving no sign that she's aware she's being followed, Lilia attempts to use her powers to mentally pick the lock.  If that refuses to work, she'll try going around back.  Levitation was always an option, but here it looked like an awfully spiky one, and she did't want to test that out in front of the occupied house, oh no.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2013, 01:58:29 pm »

Looking up curiously Harvey closes his eyes trying to center himself before looking around.

Try to see the ghosts through centering myself using meditation not magic.

(( In essence, I use my own natural energy to enhance my senses. Or draw magic energy from the air without a spell. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »

"Follow me, man. I see dead people, I think," she tells him.

"I uh...I suppose that works

Follow the Crazy Seer
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »

Eleanor looked around at the mention of ghosts obviously she saw nothing, either it was something to do with Joy's powers or she had gone insane. She hoped it was the former

”I don't see anything, your powers are meant to be the ones of a seer right? Maybe it has something to do with that”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »

"Certainly, but if they are ghosts or something, I feel like I should inform you all of that. And that there seem to be three places of interest, bad mojo-wise - the rectangle place, the pond and the mansion that our point girl seems to be scouting out right now."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »

Eleanor nodded ”Thank you for telling us, we should probably explore the mansion first as we're already here. I also get the feeling that we shouldn't split up in this place, it seems like that would make us all too likely to be picked off”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »

"I also realize that we shouldn't be running around unprotected and whatnot, which is kind of the reason I'm following you people right now. So, the thing is, I get the idea that something is up with the mansion, if you know what I mean - watch your back around it extra hard if you didn't have the notion to do so already is what I'm saying."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »

" Don't worry, if anything nasty shows up It'll end up with a matching dent in it's face to Skapy up top, and maybe a few missing pieces if it annoys me first. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:38 pm »

((I'm starting to wonder who would win in a fight between all of us :P
I think I might be able to take Harvey, depending on what I transform into.
ANKYLOSAUR BEATS PUNY MAN!))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

(( Until Puny man castrates you with his axe and you die of shame.  Bring it shape shifter. ))
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2013, 09:26:55 pm »

(( Until Puny man castrates you with his axe and you die of shame.  Bring it shape shifter. ))

((Or I could always just use my Air Magic :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »

(( I'm sticking with my blunt force beating your magic. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39