Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39918 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2013, 03:30:02 pm »

As Terry walked away an idea came to Eleanor "I was wondering, do you have any wounded here?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:30 pm »

" Hmm, thats not normal."

Climb out and go shout into the church that I found something then get back into my hole and use my new favorite hammer to try and pry a wooden board up to see whats beneath it.

"Oight you lot!!! I think I've found something and no it ain't mole men!!! I'll find them later."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »

Joy stares at the guy for a short while. This definitely got extremely weird extremely quickly. Fortunately, it could have been worse. This guy could have been an octopus god of madness in disguise, and wouldn't that have been a hoot.

She coughs nervously. So... she guesses she should get back to business. After all, wouldn't want to piss off some kind of immortal, omnipresent force by accident.

"So... uh... why is the church safer than anywhere else?"

Repeat question.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2013, 04:46:51 pm »

"You kept mentioning how old things are, and how long the vampires have been around...anything that would be REALLY old around here? I'm guessing things don't get the term 'artifact' without being around for awhile."

((interesting development on the priest, apparently he is merlin. Also possibly our artifact. And no I'm not using meta knowledge to have Terry assume the monk is the artifact, terry is still looking for something shiny.))

"Oh....uh I just had a though....maybe somebody should tell that guy we freaked out that the church is safe or something...ah fuckit, you guys keep an eye on Priesty and Mumbly, I'll go inform Shaky."

Go tell "Shaky" the Priest said the church is safe. Also ask Shaky about the priest and the priests girlfriend :P
You go into the restaurant to tell shaky, but no-one is there anymore. How odd.

As Terry walked away an idea came to Eleanor "I was wondering, do you have any wounded here?"
"I'm afraid not, whatever is abducting our good townsfolk doesn't leave wounded. Or dead. It's like they vanish into thin air."

" Hmm, thats not normal."

Climb out and go shout into the church that I found something then get back into my hole and use my new favorite hammer to try and pry a wooden board up to see whats beneath it.

"Oight you lot!!! I think I've found something and no it ain't mole men!!! I'll find them later."
You climb out of your little hole and barge into the church, covered in dirt. "GOYS, OIVE FOUND THE MOLE PEOPLE"
You then jump right back into your pit, and raise your hammer to the skies. [strength=4] You bring it down hard on the planks, and again , and again. It takes you a while, but you make a hole big enough for a person to fit trough. All you can see is darkness, you do see some of the now fast dimming sunlight shine off of something metal, you think. 
Joy stares at the guy for a short while. This definitely got extremely weird extremely quickly. Fortunately, it could have been worse. This guy could have been an octopus god of madness in disguise, and wouldn't that have been a hoot.

She coughs nervously. So... she guesses she should get back to business. After all, wouldn't want to piss off some kind of immortal, omnipresent force by accident.

"So... uh... why is the church safer than anywhere else?"

Repeat question.
"Why, because this church stands on holy ground, of course." He chuckles softly, as if he just makes a joke you didn't quite get. "And because I'm a shieldmaster. At night, I meditate and put a defensive aura around this church to protect those inside. No evil shall come inside."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:30 pm »

Get back out and find a rope and a torch or a lantern then turn it on, climb back in and lower it down to see how deep it goes.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

Lilia shakes her head with confusion.  Why would anyone hide an artifact inside their own body?  It's much too dangerous of an action to try out.  No no no, that's silly!  Hearing That crazy man Harvey again, she walks over to see what he is doing.

"I have no idea how you dug that so fast."

Despite her better judgement, Lilia climbs down into the hole and waits for Harvey to grab a lantern.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »

" I like getting up close and personal in fights for a reason. When I hit somebody they go down and they stay down. Plus it's good training, but I really hope we get to head to a medieval museum or something soon I need a few new toys. After I prove to you I've just found the lair of the mole men of course. "

(( Hey Pancaek do mole men actually exist in this game? Because it would be so epicly funny if I actually do find a mole man lol. Even Lilia will have to accept I'm not crazy then. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2013, 06:49:51 pm »

Lilia grimaces.  "After all the ridiculously crazy monsters that have appeared, do you think mole men would or could survive?  Sounds too wimpy with the Armageddon going on." she grumbles, but quickly hushes up.  Talking isn't a comfortable experience for the recluse.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2013, 06:57:22 pm »

Eleanor sighed as Harvey yelled something out about mole people, to the monk she said "Excuse me I better go and see what he is yelling about" with that she turned around and headed towards the hole that Harvey had dug. It was quite impressive how deep he had managed to dig in such a short amount of time.

Shaking her head she descended into the hole to join Lilia and Harvey
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:05:36 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »

(( This reminds me, need to do something about Lilia once your both done being impressed by my mad hole digging skills. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2013, 07:10:17 pm »

((Somehow I don't like the sound of that  :P ))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2013, 07:13:50 pm »

(( Don't worry I'll be a good boy. Maybe once I visit the museum I'll ask you to guess how big my " sword " is ;). Mostly I just want to convince her it's ok to be nice to me and just treat everyone else like dirt. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2013, 07:16:17 pm »

((You do realize she's not attractive and a social recluse, right?  :D))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2013, 07:25:35 pm »

(( Meh I've never much cared about physical appearance and the recluse is the bit I aim to fix, at least partially. I know how it feels to be alone for a long time, so it gets to me a little more then I want to think about whenever it comes up. So Lalia will have to learn it's ok to have a friend/family which one depending on her outlook. Personally my family are the people I care for not the people I share blood with. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:00 pm »

((I hold no issues with character development.  Btw her name is "Lilia".  This may get interesting, hehe.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39