Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39888 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: the village in the middle of nowhere
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2013, 07:24:26 am »

Go inside, look for something sharp and weapon like, like a sword or a nice set of daggers.

"Sure thing father but no doomsday crap, priests always blaim the end of all things and I ain't ready to die yet."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2013, 07:25:15 am »

"Wasn't really planning on harming her, assuming she isn't a vampire.
We're here about vampires by the way. Are you a vampire? Is she a vampire?
IS SHE A VAMPIRE WITH CRACKERS????"

(yes, now I am spouting all about our true purpose here, due to cracker withdrawal :P)
"I uh...should probably de-transform"

Become self again. Also become less addicted to crackers in the process.

Go inside, look for something sharp and weapon like, like a sword or a nice set of daggers.

"Sure thing father but no doomsday crap, priests always blaim the end of all things and I ain't ready to die yet."

"WOULD YOU STOP HOARDING EVERY POINTY THING IN THE WORLD PLEASE?
Pointy things have a purpose other then being stabbed into less pointy things you know."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2013, 07:30:21 am »

"Why is the church safer than anywhere else?"

Ask. Try to ascertain more about the monk through seer abilities, such as his nature and thoughts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2013, 07:35:39 am »

Ask. Try to ascertain more about the monk through seer abilities, such as his nature and thoughts.

And whether he is a vampire.
Also see if hes holding out on the cracker front.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2013, 07:40:06 am »

Eleanor glares at Terrry "Will you please be quiet, if he really is a vampire do you really think it is the best idea to shout out about it"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2013, 07:42:57 am »

(( Never you blasphemer!!!! I shall gather every sharp or pointy object in the world so I can stab anything I want with them. Like annoying part pidgeons who are acting like parrots.

Btw we're here for an artifact not vampires, the other team is currently providing them with lunch 100 miles away. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2013, 10:27:04 am »

Lilia decides it would be best to slowly back away from the crazy man babbling about mole-men and doomsday priests.  She then remembers that they're here for an artifact.  Hmm...

Lilia tries to deduce where in this hole village would be the best spot to hide something moderately valuable.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:28 am »

(( Hey!!!! Harvey take's great offense at being called crazy. He prefers the term brain dead idiot. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2013, 10:42:44 am »

((Lilia thinks everybody except herself is crazy.  Being labelled as the one slightly more nuts isn't that much of a distinction.  :P ))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:08 am »

(( Well to be fair given magic and vampires it's entirely possible mole men are real. ))

Look for a shovel, go dig a hole to find mole men.

(( Come on dice give me a 5 ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2013, 10:56:06 am »

((That isn't making you look any more sane.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2013, 11:34:56 am »

Wait we're here for an artifact?
Maybe its that gold cross?

I mean its huge and could possibly repel vampires, plus the priest said "the church is safest at night."

Inquire about cross and possible artifactyness after de-birding.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2013, 12:02:16 pm »

((Your gonna be so sorry you doubted me next turn when I drag in a mole man. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »

you go inside of the church, and look for something sharp. [per=4] You go near a table and find a particulary sharp pen. There are no other sharp things in the church.
(( Well to be fair given magic and vampires it's entirely possible mole men are real. ))

Look for a shovel, go dig a hole to find mole men.

(( Come on dice give me a 5 ))
You go outside and round the corner to the graveyard. You see the gravedigger left his shovel leaning on a gravestone. score.
You move to the fountain and start digging in the earth. [strenght=6] You dig like a gorram madman, shoveling like you've never shoveled before. You dig a hole about 2 meter in diameter and 3 meters deep, before you hit something that seems like wood. You widen the hole a bit and it seems like the entire area is build on something with a wooden foundation, huh. You also notice that the hole you're standing in is pretty darn deep.

Lilia decides it would be best to slowly back away from the crazy man babbling about mole-men and doomsday priests.  She then remembers that they're here for an artifact.  Hmm...

Lilia tries to deduce where in this hole village would be the best spot to hide something moderately valuable.
[mind=2] The best place to stash valuables. A place where no-one would ever look. of course, how could you not have seen this earlier. They stashed the valuables inside of their bodies, it's the only way!

"Wasn't really planning on harming her, assuming she isn't a vampire.
We're here about vampires by the way. Are you a vampire? Is she a vampire?
IS SHE A VAMPIRE WITH CRACKERS????"

(yes, now I am spouting all about our true purpose here, due to cracker withdrawal :P)
"I uh...should probably de-transform"

Become self again. Also become less addicted to crackers in the process.

"WOULD YOU STOP HOARDING EVERY POINTY THING IN THE WORLD PLEASE?
Pointy things have a purpose other then being stabbed into less pointy things you know."
You become human again, but the man is unresponsive to your shapeshifting.
"I am not a vampire, no. And neither is she. Vampires have been spotted near this town for over 20 years."

Wait we're here for an artifact?
Maybe its that gold cross?

I mean its huge and could possibly repel vampires, plus the priest said "the church is safest at night."

Inquire about cross and possible artifactyness after de-birding.
"The cross?" He looks at the thing, and has a look of slight disgust on his eyes. "Wretched, ugly thing. They took a perfectly good wooden cross and painted it all gold. It's not an artifact, it isn't even 5 years old. And we all know vampires aren't affected by crosses, that's just a myth."

While the monk is speaking to terry, you try to subtly sense something about him. You reach out with your senses and [adept=5+1] Suddenly everything seems to stand still and you can't move. You blink and you're standing in a command camp in the desert, surrounded by people wearing white tabard with a red cross. You see the monk, wearing the same kind of armour, standing near what seems to be commander, whispering in his ear.
You blink again and suddenly you're standing in a grassy field. There's a big stone with a sword in it. A crowd of people is gathered and taking turns pulling on the sword. You see the monk again, he whispers something to a young man and gives him a slight shove towards the stone.
You blink and you're in an attic. A woman and three children are in there, seemingly cowering. A man in what seems to be grey uniform with an eagle above the breastpocket opens the hatch. The womans eyes are filled with fear, looking straight at the soldier. You see the monk, or rather his essence, hovering near the soldier, who seems unaware. Someone calls from below and the soldier looks conflicted for a moment. The essence seems to whisper something. The soldier closes his eyes, shouts something back down and closes the hatch.
You blink and suddenly you're standing near a door. It seems familiar, then you realise it's your old apartment door. You see the young woman who got you out the night everything went to hell come down the hallway, but she walks straight past your door. She's at the end of the hallway when the monk, now dressed as one of the soldiers, walks up to her and says something. She turns around and opens your door. "excuse me, miss, but.."
You blink one last time, and your back in the church. The monk is looking straight at you and everything is still standing completely still. He says "My name is Uriel, I am not your enemy. I shall help you, but now is not the time. Mention this to no-one, inquisitive seer, and I shall come to your aid when the time is most dire."

Then everything springs back into action, Terry talking, harvey digging outside, the woman praying. Well now, that was strange.   

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2013, 03:07:29 pm »

"You kept mentioning how old things are, and how long the vampires have been around...anything that would be REALLY old around here? I'm guessing things don't get the term 'artifact' without being around for awhile."

((interesting development on the priest, apparently he is merlin. Also possibly our artifact. And no I'm not using meta knowledge to have Terry assume the monk is the artifact, terry is still looking for something shiny.))

"Oh....uh I just had a though....maybe somebody should tell that guy we freaked out that the church is safe or something...ah fuckit, you guys keep an eye on Priesty and Mumbly, I'll go inform Shaky."

Go tell "Shaky" the Priest said the church is safe. Also ask Shaky about the priest and the priests girlfriend :P

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39