Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39848 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: the village in the middle of nowhere
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »

Eleanor sighed it seemed like she would have to take care of the talking

"Hello, can you tell me anything about what has been attacking this village?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:45 pm »

Sweet indeed.  Even though Lilia has no idea how to operate a gun and never has before, she immediately feels much tougher and stronger holding a boomstick gun.  If anything sneaks up on her, they'll be able to eat metal (and her book if she can replicate her levitating trick). 

Cheerful for the first time since she arrived in these ruins, Lilia decides to head over to the edge of townPerhaps if she scouts the perimeter of the area, she could pretend to be doing something useful and not be bothered by anyone (and hopefully not anything else).
You start going towards the edge of town. Everything is eerily quiet and you encounter nobody on your little stroll except for the odd bird. All of the houses you come across are abandoned and in various states of disarray. You make the entire trip around the town, coming across nothing whatsoever. even the graveyard next to the church is completely devoid of life, as it should be for once.

" Well let him say with my knife in his throat, a gun is all well and good but you get close and a gun becomes dead weight in your hand. Besides thats what you lot are for, you can mess them up with magic I'll do the tough jobs when magic doesn't work and a good old fashioned decapitation is called for. "

As Joy stands up from the savaged counter, several bricks in hand, she continues her discussion.

"Yeah, but without a gun you're still liable to get shot or, alternatively, horrendously decapitated by monsters you try to stab. I saw one of those things lop off an arm like it was butter - try explaining to that thing that you believe in the virtues of gentlemanly melee combat."

And with that, she leaves.

At the church, examine decor. And the general state of things and people, examine that, too.
The church isn't too grandiose, save for the giant golden cross. The benches and altar are made of a dark wood, you guess they've been lovingly crafted by local woodworkers judging by some small imperfections that give them a certain character, but would never be possible were they made by machines. The only thing that truly catches your eye is the stained glass windows. The one above the cross depicts Jesus, while the ones on your right depict various holy people and some passages from the bible. [per=4] One of the windows on the right side, however, catches your eye. It depicts a band of pikeman holding off what seems like a limbless dragon, surrounded by people who look very ill. The title reads "The faithful fight back against the wyrm of pestilence". You can't seem to remember that being anywhere in the bible.

The woman is praying rather intensly with her eyes closed, seemingly oblivious to anything that happens around her. The brown robed is looking at the human headed pigeon, but seems very relaxed all things considering.

Squawk(that's how you fucking spell that, thanks Pancaek) at church man. Ask if he has crackers.

((If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going with the idea Terry gets urges related to whatever animal or whatever he transforms into. Thus the obsession with crackers.
Just thank whatever gods you believe in I didn't go with him being obsessed with pooping on people :P))
You sit on the shoulder of the brown robed man and say "hey, you, you got any crackers man. Come on man, just give me some crackers, i need some crackers man."
The man simply looks at you with an amused face and scratches your belly, it feels rather nice.

Eleanor sighed it seemed like she would have to take care of the talking

"Hello, can you tell me anything about what has been attacking this village?"
"I'm afraid not, the poor people of this village have been disappearing at an alarming rate. No-one knows where they're going or what is causing this. I'm afraid it's quite the mystery."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:55 pm »

Squawk(that's how you fucking spell that, thanks Pancaek) at church man. Ask if he has crackers.

((If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going with the idea Terry gets urges related to whatever animal or whatever he transforms into. Thus the obsession with crackers.
Just thank whatever gods you believe in I didn't go with him being obsessed with pooping on people :P))
You sit on the shoulder of the brown robed man and say "hey, you, you got any crackers man. Come on man, just give me some crackers, i need some crackers man."
The man simply looks at you with an amused face and scratches your belly, it feels rather nice.

[INTERNALMONOLOGUEGO] OH THAT FEELS NICE.....Wait....I'm a pigeon with a human head....this dude shows no signs of panick, and is In fact really REALLY calm. HE COULD BE A VAMPIRE! [/INTERNALMONOLOGUE]

Fly back to Eleanors shoulder. Whisper suspicions in her ear. Squawk only if absolutely necessary.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »

Look around in a random direction for the who knows what that we're meant to be finding.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2013, 02:58:30 pm »

You know what?  They don't pay me enough to deal with all of this.  Lilia decides, and after stalking back to the center of the village, she decides to hang around by herself and wait for everyone else to find something.

In fact, it didn't seem like there was anything to find.  Other than the messy houses, the odd puncture marks, and the delightful lack of residents, this town seemed pretty normal.  Perhaps nothing would happen and the mission control or whoever they were would pick them up, apologize, and let them be.  After all, how long would she have to keep searching just to find a creepy monster?

While on break, Lilia tries out more levitation trick on her book.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »

"Uhm... I was wondering, mister - that stained glass window, the one with the "Wyrm of Pestilence" - that doesn't look very biblical. Is that a local legend or what?"

Question Mr. Monkpriest.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »

Eleanor looked curiously at the hooded man as she considered Terry's suspicions, it could be possible he was a stark contrast to the other man they found after all. But even if he was they had no way to really prove it short of dragging him out into the sunlight, she whispered back to the man headed pigeon.

"Ok keep an eye on him for now" she turned her attention back to the hooded man "Not even any suspicions on who might be doing it?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »

Look around in a random direction for the who knows what that we're meant to be finding.
[Per=4] You don't really see anything particularily menacing, but your eye is drawn to the fountain. It's in the middle of the damn road, where the heck is the water coming from?

You know what?  They don't pay me enough to deal with all of this.  Lilia decides, and after stalking back to the center of the village, she decides to hang around by herself and wait for everyone else to find something.

In fact, it didn't seem like there was anything to find.  Other than the messy houses, the odd puncture marks, and the delightful lack of residents, this town seemed pretty normal.  Perhaps nothing would happen and the mission control or whoever they were would pick them up, apologize, and let them be.  After all, how long would she have to keep searching just to find a creepy monster?

While on break, Lilia tries out more levitation trick on her book.
[adept=4+1] you make the book do an Immelman turn, a double looping and a corkscrew. then you make it flap like a bird while flying circles around the fountain. You're really getting the hang of this flying book thing.

Eleanor looked curiously at the hooded man as she considered Terry's suspicions, it could be possible he was a stark contrast to the other man they found after all. But even if he was they had no way to really prove it short of dragging him out into the sunlight, she whispered back to the man headed pigeon.

"Ok keep an eye on him for now" she turned her attention back to the hooded man "Not even any suspicions on who might be doing it?"

[INTERNALMONOLOGUEGO] OH THAT FEELS NICE.....Wait....I'm a pigeon with a human head....this dude shows no signs of panick, and is In fact really REALLY calm. HE COULD BE A VAMPIRE! [/INTERNALMONOLOGUE]

Fly back to Eleanors shoulder. Whisper suspicions in her ear. Squawk only if absolutely necessary.
"hey, psst, I think he might be a vampire. Did you see him sparkle yet?" you manage to whisper-squawk, quite a feat.

The monk speaks to you "I honestly don't have the faintest idea. The village priest was the first to go missing, but the people here didn't exacly, ah, trust him enough to go without a struggle."

"Uhm... I was wondering, mister - that stained glass window, the one with the "Wyrm of Pestilence" - that doesn't look very biblical. Is that a local legend or what?"

Question Mr. Monkpriest.
"Ah yes, it is. Local legend has it that a great wyrm plagued these lands, spreading a terrible disease that made its victims mindless thralls to obey his every command. It's said that a band of warriors battled the wyrm and its minions, as if possesed by a holy rage. They hacked and slashed at the beast, but every wound healed as fast as it was made. Only when the battle-maiden threw her spear and pierced its heart did the beast die, his thralls perishing with him. They buried the beast deep within the earth, never to be seen again." The man smiles "It's nothing but a legend, of course, but I find that every legend has a basis in thruth."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 05:57:13 pm »

"You seem awfully calm for someone whose entire range of acquaintances has mysteriously disappeared. Have you thought about leaving town, good sir? And do you know of any other people present in town?"

Ask Mr. Monk.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »

Study the fountain.

" Hey guy's am I the only one confused by the fountain in the middle of the road? "

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2013, 07:15:01 pm »

Nothing about the fountain looked particularly off to Lilia, but she decided to creep over and examine it with Harvey

Which posed the question, could she make water float too?  Lilia decides to try making fountain water float after her examination.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2013, 01:14:35 am »

Ask about the chick-monk, the one that is TOTALLY spaced out.
Is she high, and where can I get the crackers to achieve the same state.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2013, 05:23:29 am »

"Joy is right you do seem strangely calm about this entire affair, especially compared to the other person we met here"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:37 am »

"Joy is right you do seem strangely calm about this entire affair, especially compared to the other person we met here"

OH GOD, WHAT IF THE OTHER GUY WAS THE VAMPIRE. O.o
SQUAWK!

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2013, 06:33:55 am »

"You seem awfully calm for someone whose entire range of acquaintances has mysteriously disappeared. Have you thought about leaving town, good sir? And do you know of any other people present in town?"

Ask Mr. Monk.
"Calm? I wouldn't say that I am calm, people are dissapearing and my life is very much in danger." He looks at the woman "But I cannot leave, not while there are those that need guidance. I arrived too late to save the rest of the town, but I will not let her be taken. Whatever is out there, it shall not breach this chruch for as long as I draw breath." [per=4] you see something in his eyes, like a steady fire that has been burning for aeons. The look should fill you with fear, but instead you're rather comforted by it.

Study the fountain.

" Hey guy's am I the only one confused by the fountain in the middle of the road? "

[per=2] The water has to come from underground. You know what else is underground? Mole-people. I have found your  hidden kingdom at last!

Nothing about the fountain looked particularly off to Lilia, but she decided to creep over and examine it with Harvey

Which posed the question, could she make water float too?  Lilia decides to try making fountain water float after her examination.
[per=6+1] Unlike the man shouting about mole-people, you deduce that the water must be coming from a mechanism underground. The water is probably pumped up from a natural spring. It seems to be about 735 years old, so it was probably made by freemasons with the help of dwarves and mermaids. The man who made the base of the fountain had a small limp, seeing as one side is slighty more elevated than the rest.

[Adept=6] You make the water from the fountain rise into the air, but everything falls back down once you get about half of it 2 meters in the air. It seems that liquids are exceptionally hard to levitate, hmm.

Ask about the chick-monk, the one that is TOTALLY spaced out.
Is she high, and where can I get the crackers to achieve the same state.

"Yo, priest man, what's with the chick? Is she high? Does she have crackers? Come on, man, I know youre holding out on me!"
He once again looks at you, seemingly impossible to annoy. "She is the last resident of this town, all the others including her wife and child were taken. Please do not disturb her, the prayers bring her comfort." He takes a step closer to you, the tone in his voice sends a chill down your little bird-spine. "Do not harm her, bird, or there will be consequences."
He smiles a sad smile at your remark "Yes, she has lost much and refuses to give up hope that her loved may yet live. I fear that hope brings with it its fair share of despair. As for me, I have seen many tragedies over the course of my life, I am not so easily unnerved."

"But please, travellers, night is falling. Come inside and stay a while, I have water and bread for everyone. The church is the safest place during the dark."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39