Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39844 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Mission 1: stocking up
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 06:08:11 am »

(( Darn how do I? I need something to do to keep me in line with the others since they're all learning magic. ))
((you earn points when completing missions. I may end up giving away bonus points for bosses/puzzles if I see there's a lack of avaiable points))

"That seemed rather dull." Lilia remarked, promptly moving her attention away from the teacher.  Now that she had apparently "learned" magic from this silly man, she didn't really know what she was supposed to do.

Lilia looks for something interesting to occupy herself with in the library, like a good book or new directions.
You walk around the library a bit. The shelves and stacks of books seem to go endlessly, even though it looked like a small room when you entered. [Per:3+1] It taks you a while to find something interesting that isn't in some weird language or cypher, but you settle on 'Fantastical creatures and how to kill them, by U. McCoy.'You flip to the a random chapter and start reading.

Chapter six: Vampires. Most of the information that is available today comes from myths and legends, a lot of it blatently copied from Bram Stoker's Dracula. The truth of the matter is that vampires are not the all powerful demigods we think they are. They do not fear holy water, crosses or wooden stakes to the heart. But the most important mistake that is often made is that vampires do not, in fact, die in the sunlight. Sunlight simply wanes their power and makes them generate a faux human skin over their actual appearance to keep out the harmful rays. Come nighttime however, The vampire will shed this skin, revealing an ivory white, hard, hairless form. This skin is much tougher than normal human skin and the vampire revels in bloodlust, heightening its senses, reflexes and strenght. It is resistant, though not impervious, to harm. Enough damage done in this form will kill the vampire, large caliber firearms or earth magic are recommended.

A note is scribbled underneath in messy handwriting. "Fire magic ineffective. Explosives and lightning, however, work.-M."

(( Darn how do I? I need something to do to keep me in line with the others since they're all learning magic. ))

You could learn sword magic? :P

Hmm....what do *I* want to learn?....

Lets try something interesting SHAPESHIFTING GO!
"shapeshifting? Word to the wise, shapeshifting is a very dangerous business. The further you go from your original form, the more chance it will affect you. Other humans are fine, small critters like bunnies, pigeons and mice are also fine. But things like wolves, tigers and anything big and mean...chances are your mind won't be able to take it and your old self will be lost in the new form. Be cautious."
He waves his hand and suddenly you feel intense pain. You feel you bones breaking, your skin melting, your eyes picking up colours they never saw before one moment and go completely blind the next. And then suddenly the pain stops and you're left sweating and gasping for air, feeling whole again.

"Holy motherf- um, thanks, I guess? So... can I see stuff now? Like, for real and stuff?"

Try getting an idea of how this place (the base, I guess?) is laid out with seer abilities.

[adept:4] You try to see what is beyond the library. Your eyes roll back into your head and suddenly your looking at yourself. You expand your mind, seeing the hallways, the workshop, Morgan taking stock, The boss reading papers. You go even further and see helicopter landing pad, a recreation room, a mess hall and...suddenly all of it snaps back inside your head and you crumple to the floor, completely exhausted and with a bad headache.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 06:17:55 am »

((any chance I could also get an elemental power? Seeing as I put a point in it :P))

"Hmm, well that sucked. Guess I better go see what I can do with this. If its as fucked up as you say then I better figure out how to use it well."

Practice. Walk around a bit, trying to match my form to that of the other people I see. Check in mirror periodically to make sure it works
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »

((any chance I could also get an elemental power? Seeing as I put a point in it :P))

"Hmm, well that sucked. Guess I better go see what I can do with this. If its as fucked up as you say then I better figure out how to use it well."

Practice. Walk around a bit, trying to match my form to that of the other people I see. Check in mirror periodically to make sure it works
((of course, just say what element you'd like in your next post))

You walk around the base for a bit. [adept=5] you come across a guard and shift into his form, it"s pretty much flawless, right down to the nametag. You see Morgan hauling a crate into a room a bit ahead. [adept=4] You shift into him, but you didn't quite get the hair grey enough, and you're about 1 inch shorter than he is. huh.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 12:22:40 pm »

((lets go with air. That sounds about right.
Also, about the shapeshifting, will I be able to take on more then just appearance? I.e. If I shift into a bear, will I be really strong? Could I shift into Patricks character and be a second melee character in a pinch? :P))

Go to training room to test combat potential
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:25:27 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 01:08:42 pm »

((lets go with air. That sounds about right.
Also, about the shapeshifting, will I be able to take on more then just appearance? I.e. If I shift into a bear, will I be really strong? Could I shift into Patricks character and be a second melee character in a pinch? :P))

Go to training room to test combat potential
((You can take on the appearance and characteristics of someone, but not their knowledge. So if you shifted into Morgan, you'd be just as strong as him, but wouldn't know how to use guns like he does. As for bears, you'd be as strong as a bear, but remember that theres a chance you'll get stuck as one.))

You focus on the air around around. You can feel every single little draft, every breeze. you now know air magic.

((Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone's chosen their magics now right? If this is the case I'd like to start the first mission.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 01:26:06 pm »

"Man, that was exhausting. I hope it gets easier with time."

Rest a moment. Look into finding some other clothes.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »

"Do you have anything I could train my magic on?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »

"Man, that was exhausting. I hope it gets easier with time."

Rest a moment. Look into finding some other clothes.
You take a look around the base, but you don't find anything other than uniforms like the one you're wearing. You somehow stumble into the kitchen however, and find a stray chefs hat. score!

((Just to be clear, your standard uniform is a pair of boots, pants(black), shirt (white), jacket(black with blue shoulders), Radio earpiece.))

"Do you have anything I could train my magic on?"
"Hmm, I suppose I could get Morgan to take one of the prisoners and rough him up a bit for you. I'll call him and-" He's cut off by your earpieces springing to life with the boss' voice.

"All mission personnel is hereby to muster to the hangar bay. I repeat, all mission personnel to the hangar bay.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2013, 01:43:33 pm »

To the hanger bay!!!
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 02:00:51 pm »

It couldn't be time yet, she hadn't even had a chance to try her powers let alone use them in a combat situation. But it looked like she had no choice, she would have to figure them out as she went.

Head towards the Hangar
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 02:27:52 pm »

Head to the hangar bay. Hopefully there will be time until we reach wherever we must go.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »

Well... vampires actually exist.  But what doesn't at this point?  There's no way Lilia was going to help fight any of these insane monsters.

Lilia tries to find a nice peaceful hideout to read her new book in away from everybody.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 05:58:54 am »

As the air swirls around Terry, he feels invigorated at such power, feeling like he could fly...so he tries

Use air magic to fly to hangar.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:21 am »

To the hanger bay!!!
You go to the hangar bay

It couldn't be time yet, she hadn't even had a chance to try her powers let alone use them in a combat situation. But it looked like she had no choice, she would have to figure them out as she went.

Head towards the Hangar
You make for the hangar bay

Head to the hangar bay. Hopefully there will be time until we reach wherever we must go.
Hangar bay get

Well... vampires actually exist.  But what doesn't at this point?  There's no way Lilia was going to help fight any of these insane monsters.

Lilia tries to find a nice peaceful hideout to read her new book in away from everybody.
You find a nice corner of the library to settle into, but just as the chapter about incubi is getting into the details, someone grabs you by the collar and lifts you up in the air.
"There's a time and place for everything, young lady." The boss effortlessly carries you to the hangar bay.

As the air swirls around Terry, he feels invigorated at such power, feeling like he could fly...so he tries

Use air magic to fly to hangar.
[Ele=4] You feel the air swirl around and you're gradually dragged from your feet and send wooshing through the long hallway. It feels like pure freedom, the adrenaline, the wind in your hair.

which all comes to an abrubt stop once you need to take a sharp left and you can't seem to control where you're going. You smack rightinto the wall and [end=5-1] you stand right back up, you've got a  nosebleed and a bit of a headache, but nothing's broken (yet). you walk the remaining corridor on foot.

You all arrive in the hangar bay. Morgan is sporting his body armour and a drum fed shotgun, he's talking to about 5 men in similar uniforms as yours. The boss deposits lilia near the rest of the group and starts speaking. "We're having two sorties today. Morgan and a detachment of hunters are going into the woods near a town called...I forgot what it was called, it doesn't matter. While they go and exterminate a vampire nest, you'll be going to a rural village not too far from there. You are to investigate the dissapearance of multiple townsfolk. The reason you're going and not the police, before you ask, is that we have reason to believe this may be tied to an artifact that recently went missing from one of our vaults. Morgan will be riding with you until you reach your destination, so you can ask him any questions. Good luck, conscripts."

You take your place inside of the second helicopter as the large ceiling opens up. The take-off goes smoothly, as if the pilot has done this a thousand times. As you glide through the air you can see that the base is nestled inside of a mountain. You can just see the hangar doors close up, leaving no indication that there might be something inside of the mountain. further from the mountain you pass over a city. It looks like giant slum, with small fire burning in the streets and shabby buildings haphazardly build ontop of eachother. Morgan is the first to break the silence. "All right kids, any questions before you go and play sherlock?"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 06:34:20 am »

"I guess any info you can give out on this 'artifact' we're supposed to be looking for would be nice"

"oh can I also get something for this nosebleed?"

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39