Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39820 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Mission 1: stocking up
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »

Head over towards the restaurant with gun in hand
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

Walk over and look through the window, hatchet and knife in hand.
Fly over toward the restaurant. Perch on [Patricks character] shoulder (I should pay more attention to names :P)
You mosey up to the window, avian companion on your shoulder, weapons akimbo, like a coiled spring, ready to strike. You something writing under a pile of rubble.

Oops.  That worked... kinda.  But who was there?  And why should she care? 

Perhaps if she did something useful this stupid mission would end faster and she could go back to skulking around in abandoned corners.

Lilia tries to find a way inside the restaurant.  The people inside might have valuable information that her teammates may want to deal with.
Head over towards the restaurant with gun in hand
You two enter the restaurant. Eleanor with her aimed at the moving pile. A rather disheveled man emerges from under the cookware, holding up his hands.

"Oh please have mercy on me old soul, I only came in for something to eat. Please don't take me away like the other, please, please."

He stands there, arms raised.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:22 pm »

Eleanor lowered her gun, her face softening as she saw the dirty man.
"We're not here to take you we're here to help. Are you hurt?"

Heal the man if he is hurt
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:42:34 pm by Kansa »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

Dig whoever is in the rubble out, if its friendly good, if not hack it into little pieces starting with it's head.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2013, 04:25:57 pm »

Lilia chooses to ignore the dirty man seeing as another lady from her group seems to be occupied with him.  Instead she examines the inside of the restaurant.  Finding something to eat would be a bonus.

After all, this is a restaurant, so they should have decent service!  Or at least a distraction from her impending doom.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »

Eleanor lowered her gun, her face softening as she saw the dirty man.
"We're not here to take you we're here to help. Are you hurt?"

Heal the man if he is hurt
The man relaxes a bit, but is still visibly shaken
"Oh, no, I'm quite fine thank you for asking. But what are you doing here? You must get out, they'll get you otherwise" He has a panicked look in his eyes. "They take us away, they do, but I don't know how. no. Can't figure it out. No one's ever seen. It's like they just vanish during the night." He mutters for a while, his eyes darting around in fear all the while.

Dig whoever is in the rubble out, if its friendly good, if not hack it into little pieces starting with it's head.
Well the man seems harmless enough, but you decide to smash one of the plates on the ground for good measure. "Take that, with your pretty floral pattern."

Lilia chooses to ignore the dirty man seeing as another lady from her group seems to be occupied with him.  Instead she examines the inside of the restaurant.  Finding something to eat would be a bonus.

After all, this is a restaurant, so they should have decent service!  Or at least a distraction from her impending doom.
The restaurant looks as if everyone just left during dinner. The tables are still set and messy and there are still pots and pans on the stove.  You notice there isn't any food. Not on the tables, the plates, the pans. There isn't even any food in the pantry. [Per=5] You notice a tin of tuna on the floor. The lid is still on, but there's a hole in the side. It's completely empty, but the edge of hole and the inside of the tin feel rough and uneven with tiny gashes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2013, 01:05:43 am »

Fly around looking for crackers. Also shout "Polly wants a cracker bitch" if necessary.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2013, 03:44:11 am »

"Slow down, who is they?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2013, 04:18:17 am »

Joy, rather focused on her divination, snaps out, only to see that her information is only half as good now.

"Hey, guys, I sense something in the church! And the restaurant, but that's a moot point by now. Otherwise, the village is pretty empty, seems like."

Explain, take a careful look around.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2013, 06:28:27 am »

Search for knives.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2013, 01:21:16 pm »

Fly around looking for crackers. Also shout "Polly wants a cracker bitch" if necessary.
[per=4-1] you look around for crackers, but all you find are empty tins rat carcasses. darn.

"Slow down, who is they?"
" I don't know, could be anyone. One, two, a group, a thing, a beast, a god, a demon, flesh eating moss! always the same, signs of struggle, but never signs of dragging away or fighting to keep out. Must be someone they trust, maybe.." He gets a wild look in his eyes and takes a few steps toward the counter "Maybe they come as a group of strangers, all friendly like, say they ain't here to hurt you..." He presses himself against the counter and keeps his eyes fixed on you, full of fear.

Joy, rather focused on her divination, snaps out, only to see that her information is only half as good now.

"Hey, guys, I sense something in the church! And the restaurant, but that's a moot point by now. Otherwise, the village is pretty empty, seems like."

Explain, take a careful look around.
You exclaim your finding to the group, but they're all too busy finding crackers, knives or talking down crazy hobos. You're not sure if anyone heard your advise, but you take a good look around the restaurant. [per=4] you go into the kitchen and look around for a bit. There's still a rather sturdy cast-iron pan on the stove, but it's been cleaned out, its surface rough with tiny gashes. You also notice a peculiar hole in the wall near the floor. It's about 5cm wide and 4 cm high and  seems to lead outside.

Search for knives.
[Per=5] You find a box inside one of the cupboard. It has the word "Sushi express - for when you need to cut up raw fish with style." on the top. Opening it up reveals two rather large chef's knives, both about 20cm long and rather heavy.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »

Standing around like dead meat was probably a bad idea, but that man that went digging around for knives probably has a better one.  Lilia looks around the restaurant to see if there is anything she can arm herself with.  If there isn't, try to break into a nearby house and look for weaponry there.

Magic has to be good for something right?  It could probably break down doors.  But if not, physical attempts will do.  And the further away from the others, the better.  People are just so difficult to get along with!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2013, 02:16:43 pm »

Joy sighs. She guesses nobody really cares, then.

See if there's any loose bricks around or something that I could commandeer for personal use. Follow the other guys if they're going anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:37:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »

"Welp looks like its time to leave the crazy dude alone before he turns on us"

leave, go search the church.
For crackers :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2013, 03:20:09 pm »

Eleanor sighed as the man scuttled away from her, it didn't look like they would get any useful information out of him.

"Stay here, we're going to search the rest of the town"

Follow Terry towards the church
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39