Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52642 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2013, 12:10:30 pm »

Yeah, I'd think if someone came upon a locked car they would blow it up out of spite.
Smash the windows and jack it anyways?  Random parked cars tend to be locked...

Though... online, you can get a message that X vehicle belongs to Y sometimes....  (Happened to me once and I don't know why, we were in a 4 person co-op job thing.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2013, 12:13:29 pm »

Yeah, I'd think if someone came upon a locked car they would blow it up out of spite.

Though... online, you can get a message that X vehicle belongs to Y sometimes....  (Happened to me once and I don't know why, we were in a 4 person co-op job thing.)
He means that players can lock their cars so no other player can take them.  From the interaction menu.

I leave mine unlocked, cause I can just replace it if I lose it anyway.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2013, 03:00:14 pm »

He means that players can lock their cars so no other player can take them.  From the interaction menu.

I leave mine unlocked, cause I can just replace it if I lose it anyway.
Spiteful solution, pop the tires.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:12 am »

How do you post photos to your crew's snapmatic instead of just your own?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2013, 12:23:39 pm »

So... on heists.  I think I'm up to the... 4th one?  Or is it 5th?  Well, technically, a few of em ain't heists... anyways...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Death count: 2 cheap gunmen and 1 pilot who was never in on the cut... but was still there anyways.

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

So I was playing as Franklin, walked to the beach and noticed a guy was smoking. My first reaction was pressing right on the D-pad, in return I got verbal abuse. Dropped the guy like a fragile, old lady and I believe a paper plate fell out of his face.

As Trevor I've been trying to steal a military jet and I finally managed to, first time the engine got hit with a rocket but there was no immediate effect. After finally escaping and losing my wanted level I decided to store it in the hangar, just under a mile away the engine gave up and I probably hit a hillbilly when I crashed so I guess it wasn't a total waste. The final attempt, I actually got it. I stored it in the hangar and went to save, I returned and now there's a jet parked facing the back of the hangar and one ready to fly out. After around 5 minutes of flying both seem to just shut off and cause me to spiral to either death or an adrenaline fueled rampage, its a shame you can't fly a plane to LS Customs for repairs and upgrades.

So far with Michael, I pick up hookers, take them to the Grand Senora desert and stab them.

Anyone managed to become rich from anything other than missions? I'm looking for help particularly with the stock market but anything else is appreciated, I only make a profit of $0.25-$20 with each investment.
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

Well sidestore robery, secure truck jacking, hell even taxi mission i believe? Those are the only way i think you can make money, that and camping ATM untill civilian use it and you mug them.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »

Yeeeah money's kind of a bitch to come by - practically none of the missions pay out aside from Heists - and even then, not all of them.  If have a bunch already, you can make a big chunk doing Lester's missions, but otherwise you're pretty much screwed - properties pay out chump change and take ages between payouts, ESPECIALLY compared to how expensive they are.  Taxi work pays out only in hundreds or so, and store and armored car robberies aren't likely to pay out more than 5k.

A few guides suggest you save Lester's work until after beating the campaign, and then doing them - they pretty much all involve the stock market, so you can put all your dosh into the benefitting company before, or even right after, if you hurry the mission, and then sell once their worth stops growing (it takes a few minutes) - but that's lame, since you won't actually have any cool missions to employ your huge wads of dosh towards - only random mayhem, a few side activities, and maybe pimping out a few cars.  Even then, though, there's an LS Customs out in the country you can buy, so whoever gets that gets customizations for free - and with some finicking, you can hand rides off to other characters anyway.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »

How does one go about making money in multiplayer, until the stock market goes up? Missions are fine, but I tend to get killed the second everyone comes out of the mission and spawns next to each other, losing a bunch of money.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2013, 04:08:53 pm »

How does one go about making money in multiplayer, until the stock market goes up? Missions are fine, but I tend to get killed the second everyone comes out of the mission and spawns next to each other, losing a bunch of money.
Well you could play in passive mode, no one can shoot you, but the can still run you over tho.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:37 am »

Well you could play in passive mode, no one can shoot you, but the can still run you over tho.
I found that out the hard way... Apparently, they can also shoot in my direction with a shotgun.... like my getaway vehicle and damage me that way.  Might be the same thing with blowing up the vehicle too actually...

I can suggest getting a friend and running races... damned good RP and at least 1k each time if it is 2 people.  Plus, unlocking certain car mods require winning races in X vehicle type.
Sure races are like 2-5 minutes and you spend half the time in the loading screen... but it adds up quicker then doing random things as a low level.  You could even pop out every 45 minutes to steal a car and sell at the los santos custom shop, plus banking.

The general idea is, higher level = more ways to make money. 
Gained around 12 levels last night racing for roughly... 2 and a half hours with a friend.  He gained levels at the same rate, despite being higher level then me.  Plus I banked around 40k in total.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:40 am »

Making money online is difficult, and likely will be until the heists show up. Until then...

You can sell a car (any car except those sold on the in-game websites) at any custom shop once per real-world hour. You can get $3-9k depending on the model.

Also, if you're not too bothered about the morals of it...

Get a mask, get to a store, stand near the cashier and punch them and hold right D-pad to empty the register...then pause, highlight 'Playstation Store' click x twice, wait for the bit to load where you see the cash cards, then back out of the pause screen.

Not only will you have the cash you stole, you'll have no wanted level and both the cashier and register will have respawned.

You can do this constantly, I managed to rack up over $200k in half an hour or so.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:02 am »

Feature. They just want people to load the store.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2013, 11:56:33 am »

I found that out the hard way... Apparently, they can also shoot in my direction with a shotgun.... like my getaway vehicle and damage me that way.  Might be the same thing with blowing up the vehicle too actually...

Passive mode doesn't apply if you're in a vehicle. Otherwise people could use passive mode to intentionally run people over without any chance of the victim being able to fight back.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:53 pm »

$3-9k depending on the model.

Only if you're going real low-end, from what I've seen. If you hunt a little bit you can get cars worth 12-16k. I won't sell a car under 10 grand, waste of the time limit if you ask me.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38