Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52629 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2013, 12:26:54 pm »

Well, finally got it...  got up to the 1st heist.  I liked it.  Heck...  all I would play is the heists if given the option at this point.  (Is that Payday/Heist Simulator game any good in comparison?)

Spoiler: 1st Heist (click to show/hide)

Also did some GTA Online.  Lotta people just randomly killing others.  Not really my idea of fun.  Its full of competitive missions like Deathmatch and racing... nothing I really care for.  Even the team co-ops seem to be standard fair of go there and shoot people, then go somewhere else.

GTA Online needs Heists, the whole 9 yards... set-up, player crews filling in the roles and making all that shit work.  That would be epic.  (Like coordinated dungeon raids...  hah.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

(Is that Payday/Heist Simulator game any good in comparison?)

I haven't played GTAV (Stuck on the PC here), but Payday is limited in all that you can do is heists and there aren't any dramatic car chases afterwards. Pretty sure Payday 2 has a more detailed modding system than GTAV, but I'd still choose GTAV just for the sheer variety and scope of its content.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2013, 12:51:59 pm »

Pay is just heists... but it is pretty well designed at doing specifically that, and of course it's $30 as opposed to $60.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2013, 01:28:18 pm »

Also did some GTA Online.  Lotta people just randomly killing others.  Not really my idea of fun.  Its full of competitive missions like Deathmatch and racing... nothing I really care for.  Even the team co-ops seem to be standard fair of go there and shoot people, then go somewhere else.

GTA Online needs Heists, the whole 9 yards... set-up, player crews filling in the roles and making all that shit work.  That would be epic.  (Like coordinated dungeon raids...  hah.)
That's the problem with being low rank and staying around to long in Freeroam, way to many people just going around trying to kill each other for no gain.  Do missions for characters, you'll make money and rank up fast and they aren't the random competitive crap that I don't want to do in a GTA game.  Heists are a planned feature, but until then there are some decently epic missions once you get high enough up.  Just keep calling Gerald, his missions pay more cash on average than Simeon's.  Simeon's jobs usaly have slightly higher RP payout, but Gerald's can be done a lot faster.

If you want I can invite you to Lester and Mandoza missions if anyone is on tonight.  Lowest I get from them is 9K.  Hell, one mission from Mandoza is to just kill a guy alone in his car as he is just driving normally.  Kill him, pick up what he drops, get away from cops and then get to the turn in point.  It's 1000 times easier than just about all the missions you can get below rank 20 but it pays 9K when those earlier missions pay 1-2K.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2013, 01:30:18 pm »

Must suck to be that guy. Hardly anybody likes to grind, but absolutely nobody wants to be the grindee.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »

Pay is just heists... but it is pretty well designed at doing specifically that, and of course it's $30 as opposed to $60.
Ah thanks.  Maybe I'll look into it later.

That's the problem with being low rank and staying around to long in Freeroam, way to many people just going around trying to kill each other for no gain.  Do missions for characters, you'll make money and rank up fast and they aren't the random competitive crap that I don't want to do in a GTA game.  Heists are a planned feature, but until then there are some decently epic missions once you get high enough up.  Just keep calling Gerald, his missions pay more cash on average than Simeon's.  Simeon's jobs usaly have slightly higher RP payout, but Gerald's can be done a lot faster.

If you want I can invite you to Lester and Mandoza missions if anyone is on tonight.  Lowest I get from them is 9K.  Hell, one mission from Mandoza is to just kill a guy alone in his car as he is just driving normally.  Kill him, pick up what he drops, get away from cops and then get to the turn in point.  It's 1000 times easier than just about all the missions you can get below rank 20 but it pays 9K when those earlier missions pay 1-2K.

Well, I signed up for the Bay_12 crew, but I'm on the 360.  Mostly cause friend has it on the 360. 
I'll see about the uhh... multiplayer character missions sooner or later.  I'm still entertained by !Heists! in the the single player, so I'll probably keep cracking at that some more.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2013, 02:32:02 pm »

This... makes me sad... hopefully, by the time I get to the end of it, Online will have Heists... good ones.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2013, 05:03:18 pm »

I'm actually not playing GTA5 but I'm watching an LP. I'm amazed at how much custom stuff gets made for like 1 mission. They really put in some effort.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2013, 07:30:03 pm »

Sorry to whoever I bailed on tonight. Was trying to find a session with other people, but I kept getting a connection error. Not GTA's fault, as my internet was acting up and I kept dropping out of PSN all day. Hopefully it wont be so bad tomorrow.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:52 pm »

I've been trying my best to steal a fighter jet as Trevor from the Fort out in Blaine County. I managed to dodge most of the missiles that came at me, except for 1, and managed to escape by flying low. This was about my 7th attempt. I finally managed to land, somehow, with my engine failing, on the runway at Sandy Shores, I turned the jet, put it in reverse and the engine cut out about 10 metres away from the hangar entrance.

I shot it with an RPG and proceeded to beat the christ out of a woman with a golf club.

Fake edit:

I just tried it again there, dodged all the missiles, flew about an inch off the ground to escape the policecops. I got to the runway only to discover there were policecars everywhere, meaning that I had to try to dodge them by jumping the plane upwards, then moving down again. I escaped, but they were on my tail, and with only seconds to spare I reversed into the hangar, only to discover that the roof was too low and the beams smashed into the tops of my tail wing things. The entire plane blew up.

Fake edit 2:

I've been doing this for well over an hour now, 90% of the time taken up with gratuitous PS3 loading times every time I die. I just smashed the plane into the ground after spinning wildly to avoid missiles, then accidentally flying upside down. I'm feeling a bitter anger welling up inside. I want to destroy something beautiful, like slashing a masterpiece oil on canvas or breaking up an ice sculpture in my tizer, or punching Nick Offerman. I want to shit on a sunset.

Fake edit 3:

I did it, somehow. I crashed the plane into the hangar, despite having sustained a direct hit from a missile that was disabling my engine. It was cutting out while I landed, jerking around everywhere and I had to shoot the police cars out of the way with the plane's machine guns. I then managed to escape the hangar, steal a 4x4 parked nearby, jump out at some train tracks and by sheer luck a train was going past. The car was falling to pieces at this point after being completely riddled with bullets from police officers with SMGs and assault rifles; my wheels were out, the windows all smashed, bullet holes everywhere, the engine weakening. I jumped into one of the train carriages and proceeded to shoot down several helicopters with my light machine gun, sometimes with my Barrett M82. I also blew up about 10 police/NOOSE cars with my rocket launcher.

I had accumulated 5 stars by this point. Eventually we passed through a tunnel and I was able to jump out, safe from the policecops and their helicopters. I managed to escape successfully by the skin of my teeth. I could actually see 1 NOOSE operative running at me from the other side of the tunnel who'd managed to absail down from one of the choppers, but the timer ran out before he could spot me.

The jet is mine.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:56:18 pm by Owlbread »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:36 pm »

I just want to point out that NOTHING is more satisfying than getting your car back from some sonofabitch who jacked it from you.

#NoMercy

Yes, I could lock my car so others can't steal it, but where's the fun in that.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2013, 11:33:32 am »

Yeah, I'd think if someone came upon a locked car they would blow it up out of spite.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2013, 11:41:46 am »

I'm on PS3, been playing since it came out,
Just made the Bay12 crew my default crew, because I noticed it was ranked a lot higher than my other crew even thought my other crew has more people,
which prolly means you guys do stuff together more often then my other crew, even though they have 300 people. 
So I'm gonna play with you guys! yaaaay
My online name is DJ-Viking, on PS3
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2013, 11:43:59 am »

I just stole a tank as Trevor. It involved trying to carjack one of the tanks before they could hit me with a shell or two. It only took me a few tries because I got lucky, but I managed to store it in one of the parking spaces outside the strip club. I had to escape by driving my bodhi through heavy traffic and roadblocks, crashing it, stealing a taxi and breaking down at the airport (the doors had come off by this point and my tires were shot out). I then had a mad dash to one of the planes, sustained heavy gunfire to my engines and had to keep the plane in the air until my 5 wanted stars disappeared, allowing me to jump out of the plane (the engine cut out) and head home.

Next time I'm going to steal a jeep. That should be interesting.

I'm on PS3, been playing since it came out,
Just made the Bay12 crew my default crew, because I noticed it was ranked a lot higher than my other crew even thought my other crew has more people,
which prolly means you guys do stuff together more often then my other crew, even though they have 300 people. 
So I'm gonna play with you guys! yaaaay
My online name is DJ-Viking, on PS3

I may consider joining you gentlemen. I do have a crew of friends already but it would be good to meet up. I'm afraid I don't have a microphone, so it's all a bit quiet from my end.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:51:41 am by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38