Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52608 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2014, 04:20:01 am »

Rockstar Games chooses pretty good music for their trailers.

Also, I really hope this game won't run exclusively on 64-bit systems.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2014, 05:23:54 am »

This is probably the best film I've ever played - looking to watching, er, playing it again on PC.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

You can say what you like about GTA V, but there's a certain something to it when you're speeding down the freeway as Michael, with Bob Seger playing on the radio as you approach Los Santos, the sun setting behind it and you're feeling pretty good about yourself and everything because you just completed a big score and Michael was actually cool for a time, instead of a flabby has-been  :)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2014, 08:53:13 am »

I loved it on the PS3 (I really need to get back into GTA Online) and I simply cannot wait for it on the PC. I'll play it through again, but with the added bonus of MODS! A day one purchase.

It will definitely be the definitive version.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2014, 12:49:05 pm »

I hope they add in surfing so I can mod in a tsunami to surf on! PCs are the best. I have a xbone though to mess around with friends.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »

I thought you guys might like to see this.  Makes me laugh every time I look at it.  Left it in Imgur because it's ridiculously gigantic.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2014, 11:10:28 pm »

Hehe
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:57 pm »

So the date for this release on PC is finally announced, and it's in like 7 days. They've had this moe up for preorder for like 3 months, and they wait a week before to be like "Oh hey, that's happening."

That said, oh are they bringing it to the PC. The PC edition features

-Complete first person perspective mode.
-Lots of PC optimizations. Higher draw distance, higher traffic/population density on screen, 4k textures, 60fps at 1080...all that stuff the consoles can't do.
-New weapons, vehicles and activities
-More wildlife
-Denser/better foliage
-Enhanced damage and weather effects

It will also want a whopping 65 gigs of HDD space. I think that will officially be the largest game I've ever installed. Steam servers are going to weep on release day.

Despite wanting it, I'm going to wait for the inevitable release shit storm to pass by before I buy it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:41:12 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2015, 12:03:51 am »

Wow 65 gig HDD space? Now im scared to what star citizen will be XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2015, 12:17:22 am »

What if you don't want 4k textures?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2015, 12:48:42 am »

I'm sure it scales to the performance settings you choose. Would may have made more sense to make it optional, free DLC like Skyrim eventually did with its high res textures.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:13 am »

I'm sure it scales to the performance settings you choose. Would may have made more sense to make it optional, free DLC like Skyrim eventually did with its high res textures.

Though I would assume that's a setting within the game, you'd still be downloading the large textures in the first place.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2015, 09:13:39 am »

Meh, that's excessively big these days, it's barley twice as big as most other AAA releases in the past 2 years.  Today's 30 gigs is yesterdays 3 gigs.  I have two single terabyte drives in my computer and if I wanted to update to four total terabytes it would cost less now than my older drives cost back then.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2015, 09:26:02 am »

I'm really waiting to see if the porting is as bad as it was on GTA IV before buying it.
Hoping of course it will be smooth and nice looking game just don't have my hopes too high before release.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

It's probably sensible not to get your hopes up too high before release (and then be pleasantly surprised when things go well), but I think GTA IV was an unusually poor port for Rockstar. I don't think it will be as bad as that. That said I could be wrong...

I think anything will be an improvement over the PS3 version, so I'm pretty excited about the PC release. I played the PS3 version a bit this morning and the loading times connecting online first-time were so long I was able to make myself a cup of tea and wait for it to cool down a bit before I connected to a session.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:32:48 pm by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38