Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52724 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:05 am »

Spoiler: Switching to Trevor (click to show/hide)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2013, 12:07:47 pm »

Spoiler: Switching to Trevor (click to show/hide)

I had that too, except he was screaming gibberish.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »

Mine was him in his underwear, passed out on a beach drunk, surrounded by dead bikers.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

You know, I could get the average GTA player getting into those situations. Well, the average Saints Row player, at least.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:48 pm »

Trevor is an amazing desing-answer to allowing you to stay immersed in the game, yet still be a psycopath some times.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »

I woke up as Trevor in a swimming pool, drunk and with a crashed helicopter through the house. "Whew! That was one hell of a night!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2013, 01:20:18 pm »

I woke up as Trevor in a swimming pool, drunk and with a crashed helicopter through the house. "Whew! That was one hell of a night!"

Did the game just suddenly become Saints Row?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2013, 01:21:05 pm »

Trevor is the Boss's cousin.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2013, 02:21:34 pm »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:17 pm »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2013, 03:21:21 pm »

It seems to me that the 3 different characters embody the 3 main different roles that players like to assume in GTA games.

Michael is the high-rolling crimelord end-game character that you'd end up as at the end of previous GTA games.

Franklin is the street thug, for players who enjoy the small beginnings type stuff more than the end game mob boss stuff.

Trevor is for those who simply enjoy destroying everything and killing things with little to no conscience.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

It seems to me that the 3 different characters embody the 3 main different roles that players like to assume in GTA games.

Michael is the high-rolling crimelord end-game character that you'd end up as at the end of previous GTA games.

Franklin is the street thug, for players who enjoy the small beginnings type stuff more than the end game mob boss stuff.

Trevor is for those who simply enjoy destroying everything and killing things with little to no conscience.

That's actually what they were saying in the interviews during the hype campaign, here's one of them for example.

Quote from: Dan Houser, VP of Creativity at Rockstar
He (Micheal DeSanta) was the first character we came up with. He began as the idea of, what happens to a regular GTA protagonist after they retire? Then you think, what would make him retire? He's a man with a big ego and plenty of good values and plenty of bad values."

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2013, 05:36:40 pm »

Hmm, I am going to need some sort of communication device for my ps3...

Any usb headset will work IIRC. I mean, it won't transmit ingame sound through the earcups, but it will work as an input output for VOIP. I think even without you can still set it to hear what everyone else is saying though.

Ya, but hard to plan a heist withough being able to talk, although reading the linked post, heists are deffinitly post-release content.

EDIT: Hmm, is the official playstion bluetooth headset worth the 40 bucks? Don't wanna break the bank, but want a good quality

Any cheap bluetooth one will work.  The one im using was only £9 from a petrol station 2 years ago and works decent enough.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2013, 03:13:50 am »

Hehe, I had a bit of a go at designing a DF-themed emblem for the crew. :P
Not really satisfied with it but I guess it'll work until someone more skilled replaces it.

I bought the game today, by the way. Going to play it tonight and start getting some practice for GTA Online.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

Joined up with the GTA crew thing. Not sure if I did it right, but hey! The DiamondLemming shall ride with you crazy mofos.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38