Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52666 times)

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »

i'm waiting for the pc release time :'(

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:52 pm »

"I used to be an adventurer until I took an arrow to the knee"
Me: "Why yes that does make perfect sense. Given the medicine they have at this time period as well as the nebulous existence of healing magic it would mean you couldn't be an adventurer as it would put a lot of weight on your joints"
Actually, a lot of people say that's Skyrim slang for getting hitched.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

"I used to be an adventurer until I took an arrow to the knee"
Me: "Why yes that does make perfect sense. Given the medicine they have at this time period as well as the nebulous existence of healing magic it would mean you couldn't be an adventurer as it would put a lot of weight on your joints"
Actually, a lot of people say that's Skyrim slang for getting hitched.
Not Skyrim slang, Nordic.  But Neon's point though is they turned what was just a random, chuckle worthy thing into what was, and still is, a barrage of annoying.

If I didn't hear it enough in game, I certainly heard way more than I ever wanted out side of it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2013, 07:11:35 am »

Soooo How is it? Not going to be able to play till about 9 pm tonight (Eastern)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:34 am »

Connection issues across the board, as expected. :P
I managed to start an 'invite only' game, and while the tutorial mission has stalled with an objective not showing up, I at least managed to wander off, steal a car and wander around evading police.
What I've managed to do so far is quite impressive, it's all very much like the singleplayer game.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2013, 10:18:58 am »

Yep, can't get in. I'm just gonna play some MLB The Show till the server outages blow over.

Maybe get my Diamond Dynasty team to start actually winning for once. We're 1 and 13 so far, and the 1 was a guy who went AFK so the game forfeit'd for him.  :D

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2013, 10:34:30 am »

For those who got on for a bit at least, how was the character customization?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2013, 10:43:43 am »

For those who got on for a bit at least, how was the character customization?

Definitely interested in how this works out.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »

It was far too difficult to make a young asian girl. I ended up giving up. Lots of white/black choices though.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2013, 02:00:29 am »

How does the character creator looks like?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:47 am »

Choose 4 grandparents and who you take after more, choose daily activities, choose hair/makeup/hat/glasses/shirt, start game. I'd have prefered a more standard character creator to be honest.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2013, 05:43:11 am »

Tried it last night. Its a neat concept. Choose your grandparents, then us a slider to determine hlw much your parents take after them. Then use a slider to determine how much you take after your parents. At the same time, its hard to see ywhat your grandparents look like (too small on a 36inch tv at 720p) and a normal character creator would have been nice. Also, as I discovered, your passtimes chang the available customization options, so do them first to avoid having to redo.

As for the game itself, I kept timing out without ever actually getting in, so no idea.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2013, 10:52:05 am »

I've been having a great time online, personally. Teamed up with some dude for a little bit, put a $1000 bounty on his head when someone put a $9000 price on my head for the shits and giggles, both of which were had. Overall I've had a good experience with other players, though you do occasionally get the person who doesn't realize there's such thing as cooperation and goes all GTA4 on everyone. But they don't last too long before the ragequit. Also, I noticed silencers are more effective, popping tires has a greater and more immediate effect, and being in any stolen vehicle will get any cops you go past after you. It feels like Rockstar's stayed busy, though Online is far from being even mildly remotely polished. But that was expected, probably by the majority of us.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2013, 11:28:37 am »

I was wondering if my connection woes were on my side, as my PS3 is in the basement, and the router on the main floor, however the network connection status on my PS3 is showing 100 percent signal.. anyone else getting the "timed out" error message when trying to get online?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

Is anyone else from here on 360?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38