Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night!  (Read 14404 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night!
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

I'm on steam now, but not too much happening as of yet. A few people in the group chat. apparently it needs to convert my tf2 to a new file type or something, so no idea how long thats going to take...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2013, 03:27:24 am »

You're lucky. If I try to do that, Steam crashes >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2013, 07:43:38 am »

You're lucky. If I try to do that, Steam crashes >.>
Ya. It did. Had to reinstall. Went well enough last night, about 4 guys showed and we found a fairly empty m vs m server.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:07 am »

Would Source mods be a viable suggestion? 'Cause there's a few that can be a blast if you can get the people together for 'em, though they're often a bit of a bugger to get set up

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2013, 08:59:33 am »

I like the sound of this. I joined the group, and look forward to the next time I can join in on an event.
One thing, Cognitive. Could you put the group link into the OP? It would make it much easier for people to find it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2013, 09:40:08 am »

I ah... have been swallowed up by the DOTA 2 The International finals last night. They were absolutely fantastic games, beyond exciting, but this has completely slipped my mind. I'm sorry all. I'll see about setting up something proper this time around, and also will update the OP with better info once I have access to my home PC.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:06 am »

So, any ideas for the next event?
GMod and variants, Killing Floor, Minecraft, Terraria, and Guns of Icarus Online all seem like good ideas to me.
Thoughts?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:48 pm »

I have Terraria.
If that's going to be a thing and I show up, should everyone make new characters for this? I can't imagine it'd be fun to have a bunch of characters with top-tier equipment dicking around together.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »

I have Terraria.
If that's going to be a thing and I show up, should everyone make new characters for this? I can't imagine it'd be fun to have a bunch of characters with top-tier equipment dicking around together.
I have Terraria.
Yeah, new characters would make sense.

That sounds fantastic! I haven't really played Terraria, and this would give me a good excuse to do just that.

My current thinking:
This week - Terraria
Next week - DayZ
3rd week - ?
4th week - Team Fortress 2
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »

DayZ requires the expansion pack as well, right? If so, I MAY need to see if I can scrounge money for it. For games without voice chat, do we have access to a TS server or something? I find voice tends to make things more communal, and easier to arrange.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2013, 02:54:37 pm »

I... wouldn't mind jumping in on a round of Terraria, providing nothing happens between then and now. Not sure how long I'd be able to loiter around for a Sunday game (I actually have to sleep this coming Sunday, ha), but providing it didn't start too late hopping in for a few hours would be coo'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2013, 02:55:49 pm »

That seems like a good schedule.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

We should do some Gmod, but which mode should we do?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

I would have to pass on the DayZ week because my computer despises rendering ArmA2.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2013, 05:47:47 pm »

Pass as well, DayZ doesn't work for me for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10