Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night!  (Read 14396 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night!
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 09:57:52 am »

Family responsibility has decided that I didn't have enough time for much; also, I'm still hoping for a creative name.

I'll get the group going shortly, and set up a pre-emptive event for the weekend. The real event will be taking place next weekend.

Cheers guys :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 10:10:11 am »

We've got a ton of bay12 groups as it is, why not just use the Dwarf Fortress Community one? Its not like we're particularly specific as far as games go in this thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 10:45:18 am »

Can someone officially check with whoever is managing the DFC group whether this is OK? I know I'm not in it actively, and I'm guessing a lot of other people here also aren't in it, so perhaps it'd be nice if we could get some feedback before rushing in there.

Something like giving Cognitive some ability to set up events there would be ideal, I think?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 11:01:32 am »

The Consortium for Periodic Enjoyable Practices?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »

We in the DFC like games. I can speak for us all when I say that.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »

I set up the group, with a descriptive name! Join on in, I'll see if I can set a good time and game.

Looks like the current winner is Team Fortress 2; but not everyone likes that. Suggestions for a secondary game?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

I suggest ARMA 2, since we have a large amount of players who like DayZ and ARMA 2 is required to run it.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »

I suggest Natural Selection 2, since it's better then any FPS or FPB out there.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

The name of the group?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:11 pm »

Oh, right. Apparently my copy-paste skills have failed me!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bay12games

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2013, 03:56:28 am »

How many people do we have for TF2?
Most matches are played 6v6 in Cookie Cutter setup or 9v9 in Highlander setup.
Either way, I claim the Pyro.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2013, 10:33:44 am »

How many people do we have for TF2?
Most matches are played 6v6 in Cookie Cutter setup or 9v9 in Highlander setup.
Either way, I claim the Pyro.

NOO!! How large will the matches be?  :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:10:39 pm by Cheedows »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »

Or we could play nVn "whatever the fuck you want to play as" setup.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 12:48:43 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bay12games#events/1640720062810747071

Early event is up, coming tomorrow! Given that there's less than a day notice, this is mostly a warmup. Still, let's see what we can do!

My thinking is we'll start with a Team Fortress 2 event; ARMA2/ DayZ are also an option if there are enough players. Show up, and let's have fun!

I'll see about setting up an event for next week.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 05:49:40 pm »

While I enjoy Guns of Icarus quite a bit and will continue to join on occasion, I don't think there's that much to the game and am getting interested more and more in diversifying into other games.

Let me put a list of things I am seriously interested in playing with you folks. By seriously interested I mean let's get a date set and start playing.

- Men of War: Assault Squad (coop): let's lose miserably together! This is wicked hardcore had, and I don't want to suck at it alone!
- Company of Heroes 1 (coop): any version (heck, I'll spend a day reinstalling all that crap)
- AI War: Fleet Command: still kinda need to learn this properly.
- Star Ruler (coop): perhaps? I always sucked at this...
- War Thunder: I'd go for full real or historical or arcade. Flying formations, or just overall find a way to voicechat and organise ourselves so that we play together properly.
- Stellar Impact: I'd like to get back into this, and they have a TS server.
- Red Orchestra 2: everyone in the same squad, play properly together!
- Killing Floor: stick together, not jump around like random newbies

I guess I'm in more of a strategy mood for the moment. Let me know through here, or add me on steam or whatever.

P.S. this is not a super serious thing. I just want to share the experience of playing these games - and also learning them. I suck at a few of them, so if you want to go through the learning phase together, huzzay :) Also, sometimes I can't deal with all the things at the same time, and splitting fronts and enemies and things probably helps. I guess the idea is to start getting a little network of people from around here that enjoy the same kinds of games so we can start playing whenever we're in the mood for one of these things.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:57:33 pm by Anvilfolk »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10