Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night!  (Read 14391 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Bay12 Games Night!
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2013, 05:56:40 pm »

I would have to pass on the DayZ week because my computer despises rendering ArmA2.

Try the -winxp flag. It gives me 10-20 extra FPS for no visual change  :)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:21 pm »

Do let me know if the games don't work for you guys; if there's interest, I will set up something else. For example, a Left 4 Dead run or a Gary's Mod (don't own, don't really want either, but quite happy to organize events)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2013, 06:07:38 pm »

I'm fine with all suggestions so far. Terraria, DayZ, TF2... plus the other ones, War Thunder, Men of War: Assault Squad, and assorted more tactical ones :)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

I'm totally fine if events get set up with games I don't own/ care for. The people that do enjoy the game can still play together.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:45 pm »

Too bad I'm insanely cheap to never spend money on games. TF2 is the only one I can play so far, thanks Cog for organizing this

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

How about dota 2?

And I seriously doubt anyone here plays F1 2012, right?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:18:46 pm by xczxc »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:43 pm »

Can someone officially check with whoever is managing the DFC group whether this is OK? I know I'm not in it actively, and I'm guessing a lot of other people here also aren't in it, so perhaps it'd be nice if we could get some feedback before rushing in there.

Something like giving Cognitive some ability to set up events there would be ideal, I think?

The Dwarf Fortress Community steam group is a group for all players of DF and the Bay12 community to engage in MP games. And we do random games together every day unlike the 'dwarf fortress players' steam group which appears just to be a group of DF players that don't actually do anything together. Join the DFC chat room in steam and our teamspeak. Last I checked there were over 900 of us and probably 10-20 regulars in chat and 4-10 or so in teamspeak all the time.

Kaelserver.dyndns.org password: dwarf

Also, I could speak for them as a moderator and server administration of the DFC :P

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:20:10 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2013, 12:42:20 am »

If you guys want to get into Gmod, I reccomend some server with Wiremod and ACF (Armoured Combat Framework). Wiremod recently hit the Workshop (no incremental updates, but it works), but ACF needs to be retreived from a repository still.

Wiremod: If you haven't looked into it, you should. It allows its stuff and that of other mods to input and output values, allowing you to... wire electronics in things... It really improves the number of things you can build, and the quality of the result.

ACF: A framework for props to take damage, ballistics/penetration/ricochet calculations, a slew of guns, an engine and gearbox system, cool explosions, Wiremod integration... basically everything you need for vehicle/drone combat in GMOD without making everything out of wood.

We could spend our time building huge, stupidly impractical Dwarf-tanks and blowing each other up! Planes too, if the server has Fin tool (simple aerodynamics simulation) and you suck less than I do at building stable propellers.

Alternately, Wiremod and Spacebuild is another great combination.
Spacebuild focusses less on damage and propulsion and more on resource management, and is designed for spacewars rather than building tank replicas.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2013, 02:58:23 am »

Workshop wiremod constantly barfs errors at me, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2013, 12:43:42 pm »

Ah. That could be a problem. The repository is still up though, I'm pretty sure.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »

We're live in Terraria! Took a bit of time and effort, but there are 3 of us jumping around. Message me for IP and password!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2013, 09:26:13 pm »

Shit! Sorry I couldn't make it tonight, RL stuff came up.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »

Same. Wife has family visiting.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20:51 pm »

Okay, that was a good start. I know how the game works now, and we have a tiny shelter... and an extremely long tunnel to it.

I can run the server whenever, let me know if you want it! Otherwise, I'll see what we'll do next Sunday

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »

If people are still looking to play with Bay12ers on games, there's our growing StarMade community. It's basically minecraft in space, still in alpha, but very fun.

There's also our Bay 12 custom Space Station 13 server.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10