Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 52750 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Almost Ready to Start
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2013, 02:28:02 am »

I don't mind too much about the maps, they all look good from here.

How exactly do I install the CBM? just unzip it into my dom3 folder?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2013, 02:38:45 am »

Huh, your right I missed that one.

@Burnt Pies
   In your Dom3 folder there should be a folder called mods. That is where you unzip it. Once you have done that you can enable the mod from the games main menu with preferences -> Mod preferences then clicking on Conceptual Balance Mod 1.94 and the text should change to include next to its name (enabled). After that you can just go back to the main menu and play. When playing a saved game it will auto enable all mods that it uses and disables anything it doesn't so when you create your pretender and start any practice games you will need it enabled but if you otherwise don't need it and want to play vanilla you won't have to remind yourself to turn it on when you get the rounds next turn. If you want I can make a video showing how to do it.

Edit: Actually I will just make a video as well so I can link it in the OP and all my future games I Admin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:40:25 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:13 am »

I might have to change my nation.  It appears that Marverni commanders might lose all their troop assignments after successful battles, messing up sieges a bit.  I'll have to do a little more research, but this might slow down my pretender creation if I need to change nations.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 03:14:40 am »

No problem. The llama server is having a little trouble at the moment so we would not be able to start the game right away anyway. Also since we already have everyone signed up as long as you aren't trying to take someone else's nation anythings fair game though I will give everyone a day to respond and potentially change their nations if you change theirs just to be fair.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2013, 03:23:47 am »

I'm actually trying to get some clarification as to whether or not the bug exists and if so how it will affect playing Marverni. 

As is common, the process of learning a nation makes one fall in love with that nation, so I'm tempted to continue with Marverni even with the bug.  But I need more information before I can commit to that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:10 am »

No problem, it happens.

Also to anyone in general and somewhat aimed at Burnt Pies. I have my video on how to install Dom3 mods up though unlisted. If any of you want to take a look at it and tell me what you think and if there is anything that can be improved I would be grateful. Its only a couple minutes and a half long and you can watch it here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2013, 04:06:48 am »

Province 117 also only has three starting neighbors.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2013, 04:44:37 am »

Well I guess I just need to go over all the provinces again then

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:31 am »

Right now my only problem is getting a good set of titles for my pretender.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:28 am »

I have the perfect set of Titles for my god.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »

If you want I can go through and make a version of the map with #nostart for all of the three-land-neighbor provinces (and two-sea-neighbor ones; those are basically an economic death sentence for me). Or we can do a different map. I'm certainly not adverse to something larger - this is cramped - or more colorful. This size of a map is actually reasonably painful for an aquatic player unless it's designed for more than one such nation.

Eucre:

I've had the troop assignment "issue" happen with other nations, though since I only just got with the times and updated from 3.27 yesterday, I don't know how widespread it is.

Also, what do you mean "get javelins to work"? Are you talking just how to use them optimally, because they autofire when your troops who have them charge. For optimal use, drop a Strength of Boars on turn 1 - or if you're really nasty, that plus Wind Guide and Flaming Arrows, if you can swing it. Your Javelineers, Marverni Barechests, and Eponi will gleefully fling both of their javelins as they close, and you should have a few less foemen waiting to meet you. If you need extra time (for e.g. Communing), have them Hold and Attack, and/or hold off the Strength of Boars until the other boosters are up.

[Edit: it probably goes without saying that if you're doing the above missile boosters, it behooves you to bring at least a small contingent of slingers - I'd say no less than twenty or thirty thousand - with the many body of your troops. Although honestly, with that many spells going, you might as well go for a cool million.]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:27:48 pm by E. Albright »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »

A fixed map would work but if people want a bigger brighter map I have no preference either way so make a suggestion and we will see what others think of it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Still messing around with maps
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2013, 05:46:55 pm »

Well, some brighter/bigger options: Cradle of Dominion (199+22, non-w/a), Urraparrand (145+35, w/a (obviously)), Bladelands (164+45, non-w/a), Shalbanta (165+47, w/a), or Sharivar (Sombre version, 168+12, non-w/a, very pretty). I also would again point to Plane of Rusty Nails (143+12, w/a), which really isn't bigger, but it's brighter and may seem bigger for being wrap-around.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

I'll advocate for Cradle of Dominion (22 provinces per nation) or

Urraparrand (16 provinces per player) for a wrap around and scattered lakes (thus giving more people other than Atlantis a shot at summoning the Elemental Queens of water)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2013, 09:05:54 pm »

Cradle of Dominion please.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39