Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 52663 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Looking 1 more Player and still need a Map
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »

2 or 3 would be good.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 05:49:12 pm »

As example the small random map has 10 provinces per a player. This is not starting which will be one but rather the total count of provinces in the map. IE with 10 players in a small random map there would be 100 provinces.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »

To be honest I would prefer a map with around 12-14 provinces per player, so I guess a map with 120-140 provinces. Assuming we don't have a water player, maybe 1 water province per player.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »

A smaller map may be interesting. Most times it seems people just want a big map. Also if we don't have a water nation do we want something where its just some single province lakes splattered around or an actual "sea" with all the water tiles put together.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »

Yeah, I just like playing Medium size maps, to be honest. Cozy but not CRAZY.

And I was thinking scattered lakes too. Just so we can abuse use some of the fun water summons.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »

Now I just need to find such a map or randgen till I get what we want. If anyone knows of a good cozy map for 9-10 people suggestions are appreciated.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 07:52:07 pm »

If we have no water nation, I'm fine with no water provinces.  Submarine warfare isn't my specialty.  Captain Nemo I'm not.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 08:10:15 pm »

Yes it would be nice but I don't want to cut out the water queens which can only be summoned underwater.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 10:19:36 pm »

Ok, I just went through every map on llama server. None of them really appealed to me, which makes me think that wanting a medium sized map may be an issue, especially for 10 players (most maps seemed to be set up for either 8 or 12 players. Water also seemed to be too concentrated on the maps I thought we're good province wide to allow people to cook up goodies in private.

To be honest, I also am wondering if we should have a wrap map. It does keep the dynamic more interesting, and will probably add more fun to the planning in the game.

Leaving me to this suggestion: should we go and run map gen looking for some good setups? If so, we can agree on the map gen settings and have everyone gen a couple until we find a satisfactory map.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 11:04:27 pm »

Hmm, the biggest problem I have with using a random map is at that point I would probably just make my own map even if it wouldn't be as pretty. For now since we are technically waiting for a person still I think we should just let others try and find a good map. There are other resources out there for Dom3 maps. Of course your welcome to randgen some maps to see if you find anything cool looking.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 04:37:38 am »

I'd be willing to get in on this. As far as nations go, if you want to deal with a seafaring nation, I'd be game for Atlantis. If you prefer to keep it entirely terrestrial, I could be persuaded to settle for Vannheim. I'm good with Early, CBM, graphs, renaming, and 50 magic. As to maps... hmm. What about Shadowshore (120/13), Map For Old Kings (135/18), or Plane of Rusty Nails 10 + 1 (143/12)? If you can take something bigger, Greece Stain 9 + 1 (181/18) looks decent too...

[Edit: All map suggestions made with having an aquatic nation in mind. If we don't have one, more lakeish lands become reasonable to consider...]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:41:31 am by E. Albright »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 05:32:45 am »

We don't mind an aquatic nation. It was just that no one had taken one yet so we had to plan for the instance of someone not wanting to have one. I will slate you down for Atlantis. As for the maps I will check them.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Deciding Map
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 05:37:21 am »

Ooh, it's E.Albright! And he's playing Atlantis. I'm almost tempted to elbow my way in with Niefel :P
But I shan't. I'll just watch.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Deciding Map
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:04 am »

11 isn't that much more then ten and if you can suggest a medium sized map that looks good and you can find a download link for it still then I will gladly offer up this game to you as another land through which to conquer.

NinjaEdit: Just to make it clear your invited and maybe you know of a map which works and you can provide a download link for as that would be helpful.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39