Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72358 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »

The drinking thing is the announcer. I don't even drink. I survive via absorption of magnetic fields.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

I thought so, good, I don't think that's physically possible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:32 pm »

Red - Danath

Continue to hide, ready to spring into action if necessary.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:53 pm »

((Say, if someone's shooting machine guns, could someone appear on the deck and get shot down?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:34 pm »

Keep up the suppression. Try to see if I can strafe the deck. Focus on the enemy gunner.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:42:59 pm by Remuthra »

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2013, 05:31:22 pm »

Steven,Blue

If possible shoot at enemy machine gunner with a cannon, if not, move to a machinegun with the ability to spray them, and return suppressive fire.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:10 pm »

Oh, ok. 
Don't care about the announcer.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

ENGAGE MATRIX MODE!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:21 pm »

The drinking thing is the announcer. I don't even drink. I survive via absorption of magnetic fields.
((Thank god. You had me worried for a moment.))

Red, Vlad

Wait, so if we turn left and accelerate, does it mean we will end up in I9, or E12? And I've forgotten which one of our sides is damaged. The one in the upper right of the square, or the lower left of our square? Sorry, but I am really bad at this.

Since Pilate is doing two piloting actions this turn, help him. Then go back into hiding.
Drink something. Oh wait. Don't drink my molotov! God damn it. It's too late now.

Update: If there's something I can repair as an engineer, do that.

Cheat Sheets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To below: Example? I remember reading that loadstones took the entire turn. Also, since I don't have much to do, there is really no reason for us to increase the chances of us failing to pilot this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:27:59 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

((I've been able to turn and alter speed before, I thought.))
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2013, 07:14:33 pm »

Skybooth - Cael the Commentator

"Spraying his love probably got the machine gunner's rocks off. Too bad it didn't even tickle anyone from Blue. And we keep watching and waiting for something slightly more exciting as the ships keep moving in a rough reproduction of a brain damaged ballet."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »

Dariush:  Turn us left and slow us to speed 1.  We'll get some shots off (At the front, but it's still a shot.)

Anyone:  Load up that port (left) cannon!

Me:  Toastarrr:  Fire the cannons at the ship!  Shoot at the cockpit till it's hit, then aim for the MGs/MGers on deck
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2013, 01:48:44 am »

Dariush:  Turn us left and slow us to speed 1.  We'll get some shots off (At the front, but it's still a shot.)
Shush, I know what I'm doing.

Vowel: turn left (SW), keep speed.

"If you blue... uh... blueberrylubbers don't hit with at least one shot, I'll LOAD THE CANNONS WITH YOUR BODYPARTS. This applies specifically to Damien, whose bodyparts I'll load while he's still alive. And the bodyparts are still attached. Get moving, is what I'm saying. And aim at the cockpit and its nice glass wall. And man the machineguns while you're at it."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:53:52 am by Dariush »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2013, 03:24:46 am »

Wait, so if we turn left and accelerate, does it mean we will end up in I9, or E12? And I've forgotten which one of our sides is damaged. The one in the upper right of the square, or the lower left of our square? Sorry, but I am really bad at this.
I know nobody answered my question and the blue have already posted their action, but we should be aiming for E12. Or not? Probably even if it puts us damaged side towards the enemy.

And yes, I know that they are turning and going to shoot us right now. PS: This is why having us make the piloting actions secret probably makes sense.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:28:45 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2013, 04:05:55 am »

This is why having us make the piloting actions secret probably makes sense.
I agree completely.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55