Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72457 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of Concept game: Airship Combat
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

Avoid any incoming shots. If none are coming, draw my pistol and shoot any visible enemy crew members.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »

((OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO BECOME SWISS CHEESE))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

((You know it's a danger because I can actually roll to attack from the other side of the map :P.))

Where's the updated maps?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »

((The maps update automatically.

Also, can you amebas put your team names and character names before your actions already?
AND SPECIFICALLY FOR DAMIEN: DUDE, IF YOU MAKE YOUR ACTIONS BLUE WHILST THOU ART ON THE RED TEAM, AND YOU DON'T PUT WHICH TEAM YOU ARE ON, IT MAKES IT VERY CONFUSING. Ok, wrong guy. Sorry. This is all your fault, not mine.))

Red Team
Name: Vlad

Do we have dynamite or something we can throw into their ammo dump after we break their plating? If we don't,
Check the ammo piles of our machine guns.

Make Molotovs. Also, get down at least a level.

Cheat Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:19:49 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

Assuming current conditions, three turns from now the ships will pass each other. So running out to the deck may be premature. It's just that the guns will start coming into range soon (still probably a turn before they get into reliable hitting range) and that the red ship is on course for a very close fly by.

Check the sky image and remember that the red ship is moving 3 squares a turn right now.

((You know it's a danger because I can actually roll to attack from the other side of the map :P.))

Where's the updated maps?
Check the old links. Dropbox updates the images automatically as I edit them. I'll just throw the links in the OP too.

((The maps update automatically.

Also, can you amebas put your team names and character names before your actions already?))

Red Team
Name: Vlad

Do we have dynamite or something we can throw into their ammo dump after we break their plating? If we don't, make molotovs.

Cheack the ammo piles for our machine guns. Also, get down at least a level.

Cheat Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No dynamite on board, though good idea for later. Really, firing a shell into the ammo dump is explosively effective as well. But Molotovs work too, if you can get them in. And get them made without burning the place down.

Also, not sure what you would check about the machine gun ammo. It's practically limitless and there's only one type. What are you gonna do with it?

Empty standard shell, fill with flammable liquid.
Standard shells are solid. They're like cannonballs. What you're describing though, is pretty much an Explosive shell, which you already have 10 of.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »

Toastarrr: MORE DAKKA

Really, Dariush, get us moving please?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:17 pm »

((I didn't know it was limitless.))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:16:57 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:20 pm »

((You're thinking of Danath, Damien's very coincidentally similar red team counterpart. I am Blue Team, hence the blue :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »

((I didn't know it was limitless.))
I think I said something to that effect somewhere in here...maybe not. Oh well, for the sake of right now, just assume they can keep dakka'ing till the gun or ammo store is destroyed.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2013, 10:18:09 pm »

((You're thinking of Danath, Damien's very coincidentally similar red team counterpart. I am Blue Team, hence the blue :P))
((Screw you guys. Making similar names and stuff. Still would help if you would posted the team.))

Alright, so what's the plan? Right now, we're going for a close brush with their ship, emptying our cannons, and hoping to ignite something. But we can still decide to ram their front, or even turn and try to ram their broadside.

If we're going with what we're planning to do right now (should I make this visible to both teams? Should I put it in a spoiler? Should we just pm each other? Quicktopic?)
REDACTED DUE TO INDECISION

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2013, 10:21:09 pm »

I believe we were going to do a close pass and broadside them while I clear the deck.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:50 pm »

When you say "broadside them" do you mean "ram" or "board them"?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2013, 10:30:01 pm »

No, I mean blast them with all cannons and move away, then reload and come back around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:24 pm »

Use EL SHELL EXPLOSIVO instead.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55