Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72205 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Airship Combat: Rocket man.
« Reply #750 on: August 19, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »

Quick question: Who among you would like to move on to full scale airship testing? Because as far as I'm concerned, I can select our players and divide them into teams right now, if we're ready to try this for reals.
Can I use someone else's design? I still haven't had any great ideas.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 19, 2013, 01:38:41 pm »

Sure, whatever.  It'll probably be easier to build a ship collaboratively.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #752 on: August 19, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »

It will be teams of 5, so you guys can all collaborate on your designs. Basically, I'll randomly choose the players and then you can split into teams and build your ships, then create your characters. I still need to get the player items made...but that shouldn't take too long.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »

Quick question: Who among you would like to move on to full scale airship testing? Because as far as I'm concerned, I can select our players and divide them into teams right now, if we're ready to try this for reals.
Yes, I'll see if I can find time to put up some ship designs later.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 19, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »

I'll upload the unfinished dickship schematics tomorrow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #755 on: August 19, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »

It's only one ship per a team too, by the way.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 19, 2013, 02:43:55 pm »

Piecewise, could you collect all of your fabulous pdfs and images and put them in the OP please?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

Piecewise, could you collect all of your fabulous pdfs and images and put them in the OP please?

Done

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 19, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

What are the parameters like money?  What type of stuff can the players have?

Also, because it's important to my ship idea:

Just read through the ship construction manual. I think I'll design a extremely heavily armored carrier type ship... tomorrow.

Spoiler: A few questions (click to show/hide)

The design I'm planning is pretty much a big ball of armor with a semi-internal runway, five fighters, and no engines.  Anyone interested in taking out other people's deathstars?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 19, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »

How do I use Layers on Paint?

I want to be able to just make the black lines above the modules above the background.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 19, 2013, 04:52:47 pm »

How do I use Layers on Paint?

I want to be able to just make the black lines above the modules above the background.
Paint doesn't have layers. Everything else does. That's why I'm making so much fun of it.

PS: If want suggestions on using drawing software, it's probably easier just to Google it than ask here. You'd get faster, and more in-deph results.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 19, 2013, 05:01:45 pm »

I'm in, by the way.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #762 on: August 19, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »

What are the parameters like money?  What type of stuff can the players have?

Also, because it's important to my ship idea:

Just read through the ship construction manual. I think I'll design a extremely heavily armored carrier type ship... tomorrow.

Spoiler: A few questions (click to show/hide)

The design I'm planning is pretty much a big ball of armor with a semi-internal runway, five fighters, and no engines.  Anyone interested in taking out other people's deathstars?
The parameters are that you have 70,000 money. Thats basically it. You can buy any modules you want in any number you want and build your ship as big as you want, as long as you have the money for it, ammo for the guns and then money for your own gear.   But worry about that later, once the teams are created and And I actually have the list of player items Out. As per those questions:

1. I don't know. It shouldn't be able to shift forward, since that would remove the need for engines, and shifting backwards seems a bit strange, but I suppose it's reasonable.

2.Of those ship modules, no. But you could buy some player items like poison gas bombs or explosives and just drop those. I suppose I'll throw in a section of items for players to attach to/use with their planes.

3. No. Fighters fire basically straight forward, but they can turn 180 degrees at a time and move much faster, so it's not that big of a deal.

4. Depends. High speed directly toward someone gives squat. But high speed away or sideways in relation makes it harder to hit you.

5. The steam cannon can be either in standby or charging mode. It's a switch that can be turned on and off. Once on, it will continue to charge until fired or it explodes.

6. Depends on placement. But it's made of hardened metal; so a pretty damn good amount.

7. It can get through 5 and deal damage to the 6th.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 19, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »

Ooh, designing things. I don't think I'll participate, but I like designing things. Anyone mind if I come up with a few ships? Anyone can use them.

*Goes to read the pdf*

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 19, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

So, I just realized something;

If you don't care about weight efficiency, just cost, use decorations. They have a 20:3 Health to cost ratio, unlike the 10:1 of Wood and metal or the 12:1 of Hardened Metal.

How many wing engines can be placed on one side?

I think there should be a Shutter module thing cannons/weapon ports. With Tracks maybe, to haul it back in between reloads. That is, if having weapons poking out does bad stuff to armor. How do portholes and the like affect armor and damage anyway?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55