Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32293 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: A Goofy Roguelike Adventure
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 06:56:03 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 4

FIREBALL THE GREEN ONE

"Are you bonkers? I only get two Fireballs per dungeon. I shouldn't be wasting them on meer cutebolds!"

...Permanent debuffs = bad

"Permanent Debuffs? Weirdsound you dick! Okay Xantalos, Imma do as you say and fry that bastard then!

...Divine Chindook, hear your servant! I invoke you in the name of charity! Let us bestow the gift of warmth upon the wretched and needy! BURN BABY BURN!"

Albus runs his maximum distance, which puts you right in fireball range! You call upon your god for what can only very loosely be defined as charity, and hurl a puff of sacred fire at the Nukebold! The spell hits home, inflicting five damage on the little bugger.

The normal Cutebolds begin to close in around you. You notice that the green one moves quite slowly, and can't even get into melee range; its gear must weigh it down quite a bit.

When it does get within range we should make sure both X and Albus attack it before it gets its turn.

"Good call, I'll try to preempt the green guys strike. Comeon Albus, Lets tear him a new one!"

"Grrrrrrr.... Rugh! Rugh!"

Alright. Lets see how this turns out.

You charge the Adorable Atomic Terror on dogback, your new sword at the ready and prepared to taste kobold blood for the first time. Albus' fangs however reach the little guy first...

...But the wolfmutt's attack roll of 7 plus its bonus of 3 isn't enough to overcome the creatures AC. Albus gets only a mouthful of chainmail!

While the Cutebold is busy fending off your pet, you bring your sword down with authority! Your roll of 17 and your bonus of five is more than enough to score you a solid hit! 5 damage! You slice off one of the bastard's arms; the Cutebold passes out from pain and shock, and promptly bleeds to death.

"Ballin! I have just broken my late rival's seeming untouchable record of 0 kills!"

Don't get cocky yet! The other two Cutebolds move again. One of them gets into melee range of Albus tries to bite him, but with a roll of 4 and a bonus of 2, it fails to even break the skin of your noble lupine steed.

The other remaining foe will enter melee range as well next turn, so keep that in mind, and beware the Kobold AoOs!

"Kobolds are like little wicked disgusting pringles; you can't just stop after one. Come on players, lets waste em!"

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Main character now has a definitive gender!
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 07:04:11 am »

Kill the closest one with sword and jaws
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 07:57:13 am »

Turn 5

Kill the closest one with sword and jaws

"I'm on it. Hiiiiiiiiyaaaaa!"

You attack first with your sword. Your roll is only 8, but your attack bonus makes up for the lowish roll, and you score a hit nonetheless. Your damage roll is 4, and when that is added to your damage bonus of 3, you get seven, which coincidentally is exactly how much HP a regular Cutebold has. Your attack disembowels the poor creature!

Albus readies a bite attack in case the last Cutebold approaches...

...The last Cutebold approaches

...Albus uses his readied attack! The roll is a five, which when added to the canine's attack bonus of 3 is an 8... The Cutebold has an AC of 8. Screw it. Imma move things along and say it hits! The damage roll is a 4. Albus has a damage bonus of 2. The last cutebold is left with exactly 1 HP. It drops to its knees and begs for mercy!

"I can haz mecy plz? I knows where cool rume is in dis dungewon. I can haz tell you if u no make me ded."

"Hrrrrrm... Indulge my bloodlust, or find something interesting? Tough call. What should I say guys? Or should I answer just answer this sucka with my sword?"

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:00:47 am by Weirdsound »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:54 am »

Spare cutebold, recruit it! Tell it we shall teach it the ways of combat and death, that cutebold-kind might rise up against the filthy halfling menace and destroy it. Imply we are a very smart cutebold wearing a halflings skin, if possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:02:18 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2013, 08:00:54 am »

Spare it. Recruit it. Ask its name.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:17 am »

Turn 6

Spare cutebold, recruit it! Tell it we shall teach it the ways of combat and death, that cutebold-kind might rise up against the filthy halfling menace and destroy it. Imply we are a very smart cutebold wearing a halflings skin, if possible.

"Alright. You can live. You can do better than live! I can teach you the awesome secrets of combat and death, you see, I'm actually just wearing the skin of a halfling an-"

"I can heer da playerz u kno. 'Sides eveerbody knos goggies r too smart too let Koboldz riding them. U r Halfwing"

"Fiddlesticks... How about this?"

*Prods Cutebold with sword*

"JOIN ME OR I FREAKING MURDER YOUR ASS!"

"...I can has join you plz?"

"Much better. Now what is your name?"

"...I ish called Fig-Gnasher"

"And what is this cool room in the dungeon you want to show me?"

"...It ish alter to Moggy-Boggy, teh god of theft, chaoses, and pointless triviers. Ish just north-west of here."

"Ballin. Well players, should we check that out? Or go somewhere else?"

"I can has healz first?"

"Only if the players make me, Kobold scum."

And while you all ponder where to go, and what to do with Fig-Gnasher, let me just add that Albus has leveled up! He gains 1 HP, because the dice decided he has gotten enough good luck this turn, and his first spell.

Choose Between Spells 'Fangs of Butchery' and 'Mark Territory'!

Also... Loot! Choose who caries what, and what if anything gets left behind.
+1 Cutebold Knife
+2 Cutebold Animal-skin Loincloths
+1 Uranium Shortsword
+1 Uranium Chain Shirt *cumbersome*
+2 Kobold Rations

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:47:17 am by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2013, 09:03:24 am »

1. What does Mark territory do? Debuff?
2. Heal the kobold.
3. Give the kobold the steel short sword and spare kobold rations, claiming the uranium gear for our mounted self and carrying the rest ourselves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2013, 09:05:31 am »

Let's choose Fangs of Butchery for Albus' ability, and take one of the cutebold knives so Fig-Gnasher can dual wield them.  Also, heal Fig-Gnasher.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

We don't need the short sword if we've got a uranium...uranium is better than steel, right?
Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:11 am »

FANGS of BUTCHERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
it is a better sounding ability than peeing on things, you see.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:01 am »

We don't need the short sword if we've got a uranium...uranium is better than steel, right?
Using a weapon made of uranium does not sounds healthy for us in the long term.  Maybe we should keep it to sell it to someone who doesn't know what radiation is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2013, 09:49:51 am »

1. What does Mark territory do? Debuff?
2. Heal the kobold.
3. Give the kobold the steel short sword and spare kobold rations, claiming the uranium gear for our mounted self and carrying the rest ourselves.

"Arrfff.. Rooooooof!"

"Poor Albus can't tell you what his spells might do because the mean old GM zapped away his ability to talk on the first turn, remember? I guess you are just going to have to judge a book by its cover here. I miss my ability to read...

And you actually want me to heal him? You know hes just going to stab me in the back, right? Do you want me to die all of a sudden?"
-2 Chemistry between GWG and X. -2 Chemistry between X and BunnyBob777

"...But since Weirdsound will just make me do it anyway, here goes. *ahem* Oh great deity of charity! Heal this bastard so that things will be more intresting when it shivs me in the ass!"

"Hehehe... thankish muches Mr. Wyrm and Yummy Bunny sirs. You can haz gratitudez. Alzo, letting mastah haz uraniumium gearz is great ideaz. Uraniumium ish totaly safe for non-newclear peeples. It toataly will not do anythings ebil two hur... Muhahahahaa!" +2 Chemistry between Fig-Gnasher and BunnyBob77, +2 Chemistry between Fig-Gnasher and GWG

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2013, 10:23:17 am »

Aww, poor doggy. Can I be his interpreter? That is, so I'll be officially saying things (I think) he means? ^_^

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:30 am »

Uranium is extremely heavy. And radioactive. The radiation shouldn't bother us much - it's alpha particles, but uranium is also pretty toxic. You probably shouldn't hold it in your hands for too long or breathe in its vicinity.

So uranium really isn't better than steel to make a sword out of. Very few things are better than steel to make swords out of. You could use uranium for anti-materiel bullets and such, but not swords.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:38:29 am by Harry Baldman »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:23 am »

Aww, poor doggy. Can I be his interpreter? That is, so I'll be officially saying things (I think) he means? ^_^

"Arrrrf! Arooooooooo!" +2 Chemistry between Dariush and Albus

Alright. It looks like Albus will be getting Fangs of Butchery.

You all should finalize loot distribution ow that the totally trustworthy hobbit eating Cutebold has told X the Uranium Gear is safe to use.

Also, y'all need to look at the map posted on the last turn and decide which way you are going. You ain't gonna accomplish much sitting around in a room with dead Cutebolds.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32