Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23403 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Prologue: If I Spam X Will It Skip This Part?]
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »

"I'd like to suggest that we take Red Guard positions. Lots to do. As for a name and whatnot, how about 'Halfred's Heroes'? We don't seem to have much of a focus, though..."

After the meeting, see what Enchanting reagents I can find. (You know, the stuff to make enchantments permanent.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 07:47:13 pm »

"The Red Guard does seem like the best choice.  As for the rest, I do not mind, as long as it is resolved quickly"

Explore the city, and try and find more information on the Red Guard

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 07:48:50 pm »

The mighty Joe Bridger has no time for administrative decisions! He presses X a few times and gets to the demon killing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »

Prologue: Unguided Tour

"I'd like to suggest that we take Red Guard positions. Lots to do. As for a name and whatnot, how about 'Halfred's Heroes'? We don't seem to have much of a focus, though..."

After the meeting, see what Enchanting reagents I can find. (You know, the stuff to make enchantments permanent.)
You find the Rune and Cauldron, a shop specializing in magical goods. The price of enchanting reagents varies wildly depending on how powerful they are, what they are appropriate for, and various other criteria not directly tied to usefulness.

You have no money to speak of, obviously.

"The Red Guard does seem like the best choice.  As for the rest, I do not mind, as long as it is resolved quickly"

Explore the city, and try and find more information on the Red Guard
The city is divided into four districts.

The northeastern quarter is the Market District. It's where the main gates to the city are, and thus busy with people coming and going. In addition, it holds most of the city's non-trivial stores and inns.

The northwestern quarter is the Craft District. It's where the city's forges are and where most industry and crafting takes place. There aren't many proper shops here, and most specialize in custom jobs. Many also have fronts in the Market District anyway, but handle jobs directly so long as they're at it.

The southwestern quarter is the Docks District. Since the sea isn't as useful as it used to be, it's a bit seedy, but among other functions serves as the location of many of the city's warehouses.

The southeastern quarter is the Residential District. As the name implies, it's the location of most of the city's homes, as well as numerous poorhouses, quantity-focused inns, barracks, and other places for people to stay. It's also home to a number of temples.

The center of the city is walled off and inaccessible without a valid reason, but apparently contains the administration and central temple of the city.

The mighty Joe Bridger has no time for administrative decisions! He presses X a few times and gets to the demon killing.
Players Voting To Skip: 1/8

GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE THE STORY SUCKS ANYWAY LET'S GET ON WITH IT
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Prologue: Unguided Tour]
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 08:37:51 pm »

Check out the docks district for some empty and hopefully cheap warehouses to buy when I actually have some money.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

Frown, return to the group, vote for myself as leader.

Discover what this "X button" does.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 09:14:59 pm »

:(
That's not how reserving works...
Oh well, waitlist then. Is character fine anyways?

Name: Stilla
Primary Skill: Shapeshifting(Custom, is that ok?)
Secondary Skill: Summoning
Physical Description: A blob of dark mass roughly in shape of human female.
Mental Description: Curious, but not as much since the incident, not really talkative since then too. Sometimes gets some psychological traits of whoever/whatever she shapeshifted into.
Bio: She was a novice mage interested in various things and one day she learned about shapeshifting. Practicing the new power and experimenting with it she had alot of fun changing into various people/creatures/objects, until one day during one of her experiments, something done wrong, making her form into unstable blob of some weird mass. She still retained her shapeshifting powers, but whenever she tried to go back to normal form, nothing happened.
After the incident, she got a name 'Stilla' and decided to join the suicidal mage forces adventurers to master her powers and possibly find a way to return to normal form.
Rawr

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Recruiting Suicidal Magi!]
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 09:38:34 pm »

May I join the waitlist?

Name: Ferran d'Rakon
Primary Skill: Elemental: Blood
Secondary Skill: Summoning
Physical Description: A fairly young man with dark amethyst eyes and pitch-black hair partially covering his face. He typically wears furs whenever practical.
Mental Description: Ferran is a charitable and kind man.
Bio: Ferran d'Rakon is just a mage looking for magical items in the service of Haven.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:34:22 pm by Kaferian »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 03:28:16 am »

Prologue: Reign of Terror

Check out the docks district for some empty and hopefully cheap warehouses to buy when I actually have some money.
Looks like space in the city is at a premium. You're not sure you'll be able to find anything for sale, much less anything for cheap.

There's slightly better luck beyond the city's walls, but usually if somebody's bothered to build something out there they've got plans for it.

Frown, return to the group, vote for myself as leader.

Discover what this "X button" does.
With one eighth of the power and none to challenge your might, your reign of terror is well on its way to fruition.

You also discern that the X button is probably a metaphorical reference related to the desire to skip large amounts of potentially unnecessary talking and get on with killing things for their stuff.

:(
That's not how reserving works...
Oh well, waitlist then. Is character fine anyways?

Primary Skill: Shapeshifting(Custom, is that ok?)
Yeah, I'm fine with reserving for a bit to think up a good character. Claiming a spot and then vanishing for three hours, not so much. >:(

I'll have to think of the specifics of shapeshifting, but yes, that'll probably be fine.

Primary Skill: Hemomancy. [As in, Blood Magic. Also, custom.]
Well, what kind of blood magic?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Prologue: Reign of Terror]
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 03:32:02 am »

Check out how much it would cost to construct a building for my legions of the undead to make goods outside the walls, also support GreatWyrmGold's leadership because no one else is volunteering.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 03:40:12 am »

Sia taps her crystal hand against her leg, feeling that creeping coldness steal to the center of her being.

Not more than a year. Then you'll be mine. You'll be beautiful...forever.

She begins to pace slightly, eager to do something. Anything.

Don't try cutting off your hand-or going off and dying. This spell is anchored to your soul. Not even death will save you.

At last, she heads out. Maybe there was someone who could help her. Anyone.

But, do struggle. Sacrifice your fleeting morality for temporary salvation. Lose hope, but not too quickly. I so enjoy watching...that despair growing in your breast...will taste like the finest wine...

Action: Search the city and for any potential clues someone may have, to a cure or help my 'condition'.
Vote for GWG as leader too!

((OOC: I'll go with Ice Element))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 03:50:15 am »

Yeah, I'm fine with reserving for a bit to think up a good character. Claiming a spot and then vanishing for three hours, not so much. >:(

Well, sorry about that, after i posted there some stuff came up and i had to leave my PC... ofcourse as i got back it was too late.
Rawr

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 04:22:52 am »

"I like the sound of the ghost guard my self. We seem to be buff focused so maybe a leadership specialty? As for the name, 'Halfred's Heroes' is a little self serving so how about 'Fate's blades'? And I shall stand for a leader, if you have me."

Vote myself(Clair Crown)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 04:35:38 am »

"Hmm, I like the sound of Fate's Blades....  That takes my vote."

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 04:50:43 am »

"Working for Red Guard sounds good. Fate's Blades feels like tempting the universe to do something awful to us but i have no better idea."

Go to Demon Skull Inn and try to gather information about common problems the Red Guard could have.

Road to Red Guard Tower is safe for travel ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16