Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24944 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2013, 01:35:26 pm »

I am not worthy.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »

Aaw, well you did best, it would be fun if there would be more info from The Masters turn, to see what brought us to this conclusion.
Also, i dont recognize this ending, does this mean dwarfes lost theyr will to move on?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »

Did we just hit a new record for a Sparkgear being destroyed?

Aaw, well you did best, it would be fun if there would be more info from The Masters turn, to see what brought us to this conclusion.
Also, i dont recognize this ending, does this mean dwarfes lost theyr will to move on?

I think this means the fort has been destroyed by or during a siege. It also means the fortress has been ruined before the release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress.

Alright. My turn is technically next, on Saturday. We can start Sparkgear XIV, or we can revert to the Master's save. Japa can do the revert, there are still about 10 hours left, right? Alternatively, we can revert to the turn before the Master's turn if the state is practically unplayable.

Be aware that as setting up a new fortress will take about 48 hours. If we set up a new fortress, I'd like Japa's save after the fortress destruction.

Edit Edit Edit Edit EDIT

HOLY SHIT THIS FORTRESS OF SPARKGEAR XIII LASTED 13 DAYS REAL TIME! SPARKGEAR XIII IS DEAD. LONG LIVE SPARKGEAR XIII!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:37:34 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:36 pm »

The first Sparkgear sort of died in 5 days, due to HFS pop.
But they reverted that, I think.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2013, 02:39:35 pm »

I guess I really am that crazy! I managed to destroy the fortress in just hours!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2013, 02:46:05 pm »

The first Sparkgear sort of died in 5 days, due to HFS pop.
But they reverted that, I think.

We cracked open the HFS in this fortress, but we did it carefully. I think after my turn, people got pretty much all the raw adamantine out above a certain point. The only raw adamantine left was left for attaching doors, for columns, and around the tube with the demons. None of the demons were ever let loose.

Do people think we should revert or go ahead and establish Sparkgear XIV?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:48:17 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

I figure that if we actually had started to collapse the safe parts of the pipe on the demons with a solid plug, we could have checked it down a lot further for more adamantine. Will check just for the hell of it. EDIT TO THIS: There are 58 levels to go before MYSTERIOUS ROCKY PLAINS after the level where we had that unfortunate magma sea breach that killed 2 miners. Could have gotten a lot more adamantine from this pipe if the demons would have been dealt with.

And well, I'm fine seeing either a revert or a new fort. I think you should make the call, since you're the boss of this thing now. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:56:34 pm by Ieb »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »

I figure that if we actually had started to collapse the safe parts of the pipe on the demons with a solid plug, we could have checked it down a lot further for more adamantine. Will check just for the hell of it. EDIT TO THIS: There are 58 levels to go before MYSTERIOUS ROCKY PLAINS after the level where we had that unfortunate magma sea breach that killed 2 miners. Could have gotten a lot more adamantine from this pipe if the demons would have been dealt with.

And well, I'm fine seeing either a revert or a new fort. I think you should make the call, since you're the boss of this thing now. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

Fine. Firstly, we need Japa to get us the wrecked save. In the meantime, I will look at the previous save(s).

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2013, 03:57:51 pm »

Well if you decide make new fort, make me next in line, as my turn would have been next. Maybe i can break record...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:11:15 pm by Ezk1 »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »

Well if you decide make new fort, make me next in lane, as my turn would have been next. Maybe i can break record...

The rules basically say that if the fortress fails, everyone's turn might get pushed back between 24 and 48 hours, dependent on circumstances. Otherwise, the order is preserved. I'll try to make the front page layout a bit better.

An alternative I can do is to split the timeline and have two Sparkgear fortresses running at the same time - one being the new fortress, and the other being a salvage of this place from an earlier save. It is kind of appropriate that the 13th fortress falls on a Friday, 13 days after it is founded.

Edit: If we have an island that is inaccessible to any existing civilizations, and build an embark bridging it to an accessible continent, does the island then become accessible?

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »

Edit: If we have an island that is inaccessible to any existing civilizations, and build an embark bridging it to an accessible continent, does the island then become accessible?

What i have understand from Oceanbridge, that should happen.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:11:15 pm by Ezk1 »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2013, 05:58:02 pm »

That's good news. Does it matter if the fortress for Sparkgear XIV is not called Sparkgear?

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2013, 06:32:44 pm »

Forgot to change fort name, eh? Prop not, but you should find way then to make it clear that this is Sparkgear in someway.
Like Sparkgear spelled front of gate (in a way of MEGA Project) or such.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:36:22 pm by Ezk1 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »

Wait, you guys want an upload of the failed save? I can do that, I guess. Just give me a bit to get it uploaded. I'd have done it already if I'd thought it was needed.

Here's the save, for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:39:42 pm by Japa »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »

Wait, you guys want an upload of the failed save? I can do that, I guess. Just give me a bit to get it uploaded. I'd have done it already if I'd thought it was needed.

Here's the save, for what it's worth.

Thanks, the reason is the new fortress is established in the same world, if we do that.

Forgot to change fort name, eh? Prop not, but you should find way then to make it clear that this is Sparkgear in someway.
Like Sparkgear spelled front of gate (in a way of MEGA Project) or such.

I'm talking about a different name, such as DEATHGEAR or HELLGEAR. Establishing a new fort in the same world means we should have some variation.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:22:54 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14