Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24955 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »

Sparkgear eh? Good to see that this thing is still going around, have been thinking to start playing again, and whats better way to start than good olī madness and confusion calld Sparkgear? Put me on the line.

ps. If not anything else will do it, i think im downfall of this fort :P

Sparkgear hasn't happened since 2010, apparently. I don't know why, but I decided to start a new one. We're doing very well now. I'm expecting a demon web farm soon.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »

Re sign-up.  Just plop me in a date, and I will lead this fortress to victory!!!
(I'm thinking that a child would work better then a puppy for the web farm)  ;D

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »

We DO have a metric fuckton since apparently nobody bothered to set the child cap in the init files.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

Go for puppies. Puppies can be put on a chain, and that means they won't go running everywhere when the demons show up and spray webs. If you have dwarves in there, they will run around the room and destroy the webs.

Edit: Using any dwarf, even dwarven children, is contrary to the requirement that the system allows a reasonable degree of automation over long periods of time, or at least less micromanagement. As it is the micromanagement required is just pulling a lever to close a drawbridge (to block off the view of the demons) and let dwarves into the room to collect webs. Dwarves require maintenance in the form of food and booze.

Edit2: Perfectionism. You can see it now. If it were my choice, we'd have a machine to sort the demons between fire, webs, food, and shells, and more machines to allow the production of raw material. The dwarves would just deal with workshop jobs and minecart loading.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:13:36 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2013, 11:25:43 pm »

Save file is currently uploading. I'll edit once it's done. Here.
I didn't get a whole lot done. I hurt my shoulder a couple days ago, makes it hard to spend extended amounts of time at the computer.

Set up a training area outside for the militia, and started gearing them up. Dug out more bedrooms. Made some soap. That's about it. Nothing exciting happened.

Some highlights in screen shot format:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:44:57 pm by Mouseshy »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:15 pm »

We have rock crystals that we're CUTTING? At Jeweler's workshops? Who decided THAT was a good idea?
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2013, 12:04:53 am »

I think mooded dorfs turn any rough gems they haul to their workshops into cut gems at the final product. Also probably should have mentioned, the humans would have been okay to let out despite the siege, before my game crashed they got out just fine because the orcs were more content to mill about where they arrived at rather than charge the fort, or even the traders.

But hey, free stuff!

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:44 am »

Sparkgear eh? Good to see that this thing is still going around, have been thinking to start playing again, and whats better way to start than good olī madness and confusion calld Sparkgear? Put me on the line.

ps. If not anything else will do it, i think im downfall of this fort :P

Sparkgear hasn't happened since 2010, apparently. I don't know why, but I decided to start a new one. We're doing very well now. I'm expecting a demon web farm soon.

Well I think it has been allmost 2 years when i have last played, so i think of it allmost like yesterday when last Sparkgear was rolling :P

ps. Can you put me on the list, any date is fine.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:47 am »

I've signed people up, and send the usual nastygram* on to inform the next player that THE TURN HATH BEGUN. May God have mercy on your soul.

*A survey has shown that none of this nastygrams are actually nasty, besides causing the subject to lose 24 hours of their life plying Dwarf Fortress that they were going to lose anyway.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2013, 08:10:46 am »

Oh, my turn already? Let's see what you folk have done...

EDIT: Okay, who the hell put it on mediafire  >:( If I didn't upgrade to Chrome+adblock like two days ago, I'd sue you.

Honestly, the nerve...

EDIT MORE: Have save, am opening.

EDIT AGAIN: 207 dwarves. I've never had a fort over 100, by my own design. Looks like I'll be doing some systematic workforce reduction.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:24:59 am by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2013, 08:27:49 am »

Oh, my turn already? Let's see what you folk have done...

EDIT: Okay, who the hell put it on mediafire  >:( If I didn't upgrade to Chrome+adblock like two days ago, I'd sue you.

Honestly, the nerve...

EDIT MORE: Have save, am opening.

EDIT AGAIN: 207 dwarves. I've never had a fort over 100, by my own design. Looks like I'll be doing some systematic workforce reduction.

Yeah I don't agree with mediafire, but I didn't upload the save either.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:59 am »

I just opened the units tab to see if I had to worry about any horrors attacking the accidental breach into the caverns I made, and saw demons. Lots of demons.

Oh, this is going to be interesting...

EDIT: Hm...brine, steam, ash...none of this sounds particularly magma-proof.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:42:06 am by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »

I just opened the units tab to see if I had to worry about any horrors attacking the accidental breach into the caverns I made, and saw demons. Lots of demons.

Oh, this is going to be interesting...

EDIT: Hm...brine, steam, ash...none of this sounds particularly magma-proof.

I think all demons are [FIREIMMUNE], which means they can survive in magma. I do not think the demons can get into the fortress.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2013, 06:08:20 pm »

They're NOT, however, immune to flooding them with magma, and then flooding them with water on top of that. Obsidian casting, yo.

If that fails, checkerboard them to death.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:32 am »

But can they be drowned?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14