Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24950 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:01 am »

Alright, save uploaded! You can find it at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7829

Its Ieb's turn now, and I've sent a message. Please confirm you're ready to play this.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:22:30 am by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2013, 12:35:41 am »

I've never been so ready in my life. The only thing I am more prepared for than this fortress, is my own funeral! Because this fortress is going to kill me. HA!

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2013, 12:50:55 am »

Well, at least Titus Drake was the person who 'opened' the gate, a lesser Servant of the Emperor would have gone mad from the gaze of the Warp (Hell).

Btw, Titus already had to upgrade his Heresy-Detector because the background heresy was off the scales...

Also, Caligula seems a bit more... Daemonic, shall we say, then usual; Note to Self: Caligula would be a great Daemonhost if worst comes to worst.

EDIT: Notice to fortress overseer, I am an Inquisitor on a vital mission in the Emperor's service and wish to requisition: a suit of Errant-Pattern Power Armour, a Power Sword and a Combat Shield. If you refuse my demands I will have no other choice but to warp off world and order Exterminatus of this planet. Daemonic things are at work here on this world and I must Sanctify this heresy. [
(Essentially I would very much like a full set of Adamantine armour, I have been the person risking my life mining the stuff  :P)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:01:32 am by Sabretache »
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2013, 12:52:43 am »

If I had to guess by the screenshots previously provided, after a turn or two, there will be nothing but Daemonhosts in the civ.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2013, 01:00:33 am »

If I had to guess by the screenshots previously provided, after a turn or two, there will be nothing but Daemonhosts in the civ.

The problem is that those Daemons are unbound, far too dangerous and warped to defeat. I just need someone evil enough to bind them to, giving them a physical presence which can be destroyed.
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2013, 01:05:16 am »

This is a dorf fortress. The inhabitants might as well be called evil, given the shenanigans they can get down to whenever they damn well please, we should have plenty of evil to go around.

Fort DL'ed, will start to play within, oh, 30 mins or so?

EDIT: Adamantine armor, got it. Does your Excellency wish for only the most talented of armorcraftsmen and weaponsmiths to produce your outfit, or will our "best" do? Note: I have no idea if we have most talented smiths, or even anyone to refer to as "our best smith".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:06:54 am by Ieb »

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2013, 01:08:02 am »

Ready your mind for the horrors brother, "An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded".

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2013, 01:09:11 am »

This. Some idiot decided to carve out a well in a workshop. LRN2PHYSICS, ASSHOLE. The water pressure has apparently flooded the place. We had two well rooms already though, except now someone decided to carve out a spider's dick right next to the stairwell.

I see you found the hospital.  8)

Was the hospital supposed to be in the Flooded Workshop or in the Spider's Dick? The Flooded Workshop looks otherwise well planned, but the Spider's Dick has the junkpile, so I'm really not sure.

The hospital was supposed to be in the Flooded Workshop. That was intended to be a hospital-zone well. I forgot about diagonals and water pressure, and, well... that happened. The Spider's Dick (lol) was the junk pile on purpose--I dug it that way so that miasma wouldn't spread, cause it doesn't spread through diagonals. Convenient how I remembered that when it came to garbage but not water. Huh.

EDIT: Oh balls you opened hell. May I suggest draining the Flooded Hospital into Hell? We should probably consider Checkerboarding these fuckers at some point just for FPS if nothing else.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:13:11 am by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:23 am »

The good news are: Hell isn't actually eating our FPS, since it was opened up a "safe" way. Well, relatively safe. I'm making it safer just in case.

The bad news are: There are no bad news, everything is shockingly okay right now. Except the part that this fort is a mess, and nothing makes sense in how it's located. I'm going to have to change that, of course.

EDIT: Since this has mods and so on, is there any super awesome metal present in the site we could be using for our military? The one I will be making at some point, that is.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2013, 05:23:44 am »

EDIT: Adamantine armor, got it. Does your Excellency wish for only the most talented of armorcraftsmen and weaponsmiths to produce your outfit, or will our "best" do? Note: I have no idea if we have most talented smiths, or even anyone to refer to as "our best smith".

What ever you can forge for me will be suitable, I will put in a good word about you to the Inquisition.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2013, 05:51:16 am »

You might as well put a really good word out then, because I only now realized just how much of the good stuff we can mine. We'll be clad to our teeth in addy, I tell you! TO OUR TEETH!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:46 am »

You might as well put a really good word out then, because I only now realized just how much of the good stuff we can mine. We'll be clad to our teeth in addy, I tell you! TO OUR TEETH!

The demons are behind an adamantine fortification. You now know how high the hollow section rises. Why hasn't nobody looked at factory farming the demons for meat and webs? To get the webs all you need is a puppy (we have puppies), a rope, and a drawbridge linked up to a lever (to seal off the fortification while dwarves harvest the webs).

We haven't had a good look at hell because the tube is so high up. I had weighted the game to produce levels at the bottom in the magma sea and right at the bottom.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2013, 10:39:18 am »

I'm pretty sure demons can't be butchered, but then again it's been a while since I had a scuffle with 'em that didn't end on a fort wipeout one way or another. As for the webfarm, a lot of the webslinging ones seem to be hanging out with demons that MAY have fire-breathing ability, so I'm not too eager to try making a profit from 'em. I also recall some gaseous FB's and titans can go through fortifications, so those add a bit of challenge.

If I'm right that is. Now if only the game would start crashing at random times, I would be off to great success even more so.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2013, 01:02:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure demons can't be butchered, but then again it's been a while since I had a scuffle with 'em that didn't end on a fort wipeout one way or another. As for the webfarm, a lot of the webslinging ones seem to be hanging out with demons that MAY have fire-breathing ability, so I'm not too eager to try making a profit from 'em. I also recall some gaseous FB's and titans can go through fortifications, so those add a bit of challenge.

If I'm right that is. Now if only the game would start crashing at random times, I would be off to great success even more so.

The demons made from flesh can, I think, in the same way that forgotten beasts made of flesh can. To factory farm the demons for meat, you would have some timers cycle demons into a chamber sealed by bridges, have a minecart gun shoot projectiles through the chamber until the contents are almost certainly dead, and then unseal the chamber for a sufficiently long time to allow dwarves to collect the ammunition and send the demon bodies to the butcher's shop.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2013, 03:09:43 pm »

Since this has mods and so on, is there any super awesome metal present in the site we could be using for our military? The one I will be making at some point, that is.

I'm not super familiar with the material properties of the mod, but I know we have some Mithril deposits. I would recommend smelting that shit.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14