Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55240 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2013, 09:55:09 am »

First one is correct.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2013, 10:46:05 am »

Name of god: Thoz
First command to Prophet: Preach to your family in a non-offensive manner.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2013, 11:08:19 am »

First one is correct.
I'm good at guessing French verb conjugations!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2013, 11:10:21 am »

It's Spanish though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2013, 11:18:35 am »

I was going for something like Viva la Revolucion, and had Google Translate go into French...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

The Spanish and french versions look very similar then. Bleeding Latin languages.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:09 pm »

i got an idea for and rtd

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »

Tell my all my followers to take a journey to the largest city in the nation, with my twenty-four super-strong followers carrying the magical die of conversion.
(2) Your followers inform you that they have lives here, and marching to the capital is dangerous and risky.  Besides, it's full of decadent folk.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Grant my followers the ability to fight off the bandits. But they have to unlock it.
(1) A large chest falls on 5 of your followers. (4,3) And the bandits start gaining on your followers.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Have my rockers rest. Send visions of rock superstardom to the populace of the new town.
As your rockers rest, (3) rock music enters the townspeople's dreams. They wake up wondering if it's because of that band, Marley and the Wailers.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Decide that the sugar glider shall be my animal and have Khorwot start building totems and decorations for the temple with sugar gliders on them because a lot of gods are represented by animals, the vilagers heading south can continue doing so.
Having decided to make the sugar glider your animal, you decide to impart to your prophet instructions to make sugar glider totems. (6) The townspeople immediately do so. However, they don't have any knowledge about what sugar gliders are, and so you get totems of flying machines made out of sugar.
(3) Once again the followers proceed slowly due to terrain and are now 1 day away from the town.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

The town is a riverside town halfway between a major city, and Trevnoc's capital at Chelibah. It's a stopping point for merchants between the two cities, and is famous for its strict laws enforced by the Cult of chastity who allow marriage between any two things but condemn adultery, divorce, and intercourse before marriage.

Followers: 1 gay artist: Make Holy Book. Also, out of respect for the cult of chastity, refrain from any sexual exploits for the moment.
5 slave girls - return home with their fathers.
1 prophetess with two boobies (the bird) adding +1 to persuasion. Convert the Cult of Chastity into a monastic Order within my religion. Allow them to be strict within their Order, but not aggressive outside it.
20 people - clean up the mess in the artist' place, then leave for now.
the town governor - Arrange for a temple to be built. Arrange for proper division of labor between priest class, artisan class, laborers, merchants, military, and governance.
300 people - assist in these endeavors, each according to his or her skills. Prepare funerary services for the deceased.
1 lich - escape the mob without causing harm if possible. Preside over funerary services for the fallen. Raise the dead as werecreatures, based on the animal that killed them, bound to the lich and to Boobs

Boobs - heal the nursing mother. Smite the evil animals who have slain my followers.
Send forth animals in pairs to my followers:
2 male chickens to my artist, granting +1 to production of Holy Relics / Images /Books,
2 female cats to each of the priestly caste granting +1 to holy rites (especially those that return power to me.)
2 Pheonixes to the Lich, granting +1 to life magic.
2 deer t othe nursing mother, to communicate indirectly with me so as not to drive her mad (also, through this try to convert her to my side), and to give +1 to protection and growth related issues.
(6-1) Despite the crowd in his studio, the artist gets to work. (2-1) However the holy book is awful. The artist's writing is illegible, and the artwork is of things best left unmentioned.
The 5 girls return home to their fathers who explain that the villagers kidnapped the girls under the impression that they were slave girls but were mistaken because the cult of chastity was celebrating a festival where slaves and masters switch places for a day. (3) The fathers do not convert but are grateful for the new religions kindness.
(1+1) Your lady prophet has some food.
(5) The townspeople leave the artist's workshop and clean the place to boot.
(1) The town governor apologizes but explains that only towns with over a 750 people qualify for a temple, and as it is he is snowed under in filling out paperwork to permit your religion's existence, allow arrests of those with overdue taxes, and attempting to get a famous playwright to set his latest play in the city.
(1) The 300 people go about their daily tasks.
Your lich attempts to extract itself. (5 vs. 3) It takes just a few steps before getting lit on fire.
(6,5,3) You heal the nursing mother so she'll never feel pain again. Then you smite down the animals, and summon a bunch of different animals that have no effect on your followers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lupus: amplify dog-prophet's squirrel compulsion ability, make it more powerful.
Explosive Weasels: eliminate the enemy wolf worshippers with explosive abilities.
Evil Wolves: enslave wolf packs unaligned with the other wolf god.
Dog-Prophet and Enslaved Squirrel Menagerie: enslave more squirrels.
Salmon: convert as many lampreys as can be found.
Survivalist Apprentice: try to regain voice through meticulous effort.

(6) The dog-prophet can control squirrels anywhere in existence. The dog-prophet passes out from mental overload.
(5) The weasels obey! (2) A nuclear sized explosion nearly kills the weasels but does little damage to the enemy wolves.
(4) The wolves head off to enslave other wolves. (1) 8 wolves die in the attempt.
(5) The salmon converts (4) 4 lampreys
(2) Your survivalist apprentice doesn't need a voice. Who is he going to talk to?

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

CONVERT
(2) The Bat-prophet is confused. Should he convert others or convert to others? Bat-prophet is confused.

Spoiler: Ki'ol (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Wake up, cure the plague!
On'Li: Cure the plague, convert, make the town a better place.
Guild Leaders: Invite the Mayor or Town Council or whatever to a meal when they have a moment.
Town Watch: Convert wives. Please. Also, convert coworkers.
Town Watch's Wives: Convert friends, husbands, and servants.
Assorted Townspeople: Begin organizing the healing efforts to make them more efficient and more widely-known.
Lawyers: Continue with paperwork and other stuff. Convert coworkers.
To, quote, "fuck over" Zarut, offer his remaining craftsmen double their current salaries if they convert to On'Li. Or otherwise convert them.
On'Li: Openly criticize Zarut for killing even more people in order to harm me. Make the knowledge of this tendency of Zarut known to all townspeople and to the neighboring towns, suggesting that they stop trading with worshipers of Zarut to prevent such a god from flourishing and continuing to harm the world. Also block holy images of Zarut being placed in dreams.
(Does making a good argument aid my actions?)
(6) Your prophet wakes up suddenly (4-1) and slows down the plagues effects while half asleep.
(2) On'li focuses on conversion, not healing. (6) He converts all non-aligned inhabitants of the town. All the pets and buildings join On'Li!
(3) The guild leaders start planning an elaborate dinner for the mayor. Due to their calendar and the mayor's calender, they schedule it for next month.
(3) 5 members of the town watch convert. The ten members of the town watch you control have their wives converted already.
(1) The town watch wives are busy discussing with each other the fates of the other town watch wives, and being happy that their husbands didn't care about their affair with their Zarut following servants.
(6) The townspeople rent out a place and call it Onli's Healing Clinic. This attracts the ire of the temple healers.
(4) The lawyers continue to work on getting the suit through. It'll start up next month.
(6) The craftsmen following Zarut have a divine revelation and convert.
(6) Everyone who hadn't already attacked Zarut does so.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Townsfolk: Use the religious flair to convert more people, aiming at more tradesfolk..
Town watch wives: Convert the rest of there husbands.
Town watch wives servants: Convert those that they meet while doing the menial tasks they get burdened with.
Town watch: Convert the rest of their coworkers.
Zarut:Plant visions holy visions of Zarut in the preists of all religious preists that are not preaching for Zarut.

The townsfolk discover that there are three angry mobs comprising the rest of the town attacking your followers
The town watch wives you controlled are either divorced from their husbands (who followed you) or dead.
(5) The town watch wives On'li had convert back to Zarut
(6) The town watch members attempt to convert their coworkers and (5) succeed.
(5) Holy visions planted, but it's too late to stop the mobs.

(4,5,6) The mob of On'Li's followers burns down a few brothels. The mob of the goddess of wind and pity slaughters 30 of your followers. The mob that follows the goddess of magic and disease goes on a rampage, burning down homes belonging to both On'Li and Zarut worshipers, and killing about 20 followers of On'Li, and 10 of Zarut's and the town watch. The town is in flames.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Take the false believers' life force and use it to mold an avatar of shenanigans and trickery. Send the believers off to the next village.
(5) You kill the villagers and make with it a giant dancer.
(6) the remaining believers depart. (5) they travel fast, And will arrive in a day and a half.

name of god: Communist God
first actions of prophet: spread the word of the most glorious of revolutions.

First post of a lurker who recently made his account.
(6) Your prophet preaches Marxism. (3) He is invited to debate at a Forms of government seminar at the local university.

Spoiler: Communist God (click to show/hide)

Name of god: Thoz
First command to Prophet: Preach to your family in a non-offensive manner.
(6+1) Your prophet eagerly preaches to his family about the one true god. (6) his family listens, and eagerly converts.

Spoiler: Thoz (click to show/hide)

Guys, because these turns are taking me almost an hour to write, I'm going to ask anyone out there who wishes to join to not sign up unless 3 people or so drop out.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2013, 03:50:41 pm »

Name:I
Prophet's action: Convert family in non-offensive manner
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:02:16 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »

Drop a bigger chest on the bandits in the lead. Also wake the stone giant from a while ago up and send him to the village to the north again.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2013, 03:53:13 pm »

Do we all start in different villages from the other gods?

If so, Command Prophet to preach to his closesty friends

Otherwise, Command prophet to buy a horse and cart, and take his family to a safer place, where jobs do not course through the street.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2013, 03:54:16 pm »

Prophet's action: Quietly convert family and friends.

The GM literally just asked people not tojoin. It's the post above yours.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2013, 03:57:03 pm »

Lupus: gift Dog-Prophet with superior mental strength, so that it may become the Squirrel Demigod. Immortality included, of course.
Explosive Weasels: multiply! Create explosive weasel clans!
Evil Wolves: convert bears.
Dog-Prophet: preach the word of Lupus to all squirrels. Or just enslave them and make them worship Lupus, anyway.
Salmon: convert other salmon.
Lampreys: convert all the lampreys nearby.
Survivalist Apprentice: consider the manifold mysteries of divinity.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2013, 03:57:13 pm »

Prophet's action: Quietly convert family and friends.

The GM literally just asked people not tojoin. It's the post above yours.
I'll make an exception for him. The starting prophets are the easiest ones to write.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

ULTRADANCER: EQUIP ALL THE BLING THE VILLAGERS HAD, DISCO INTO BIGGEST CITY AVAILABLE
Followers: shit, keep going, what are you even
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33