Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Stalker – Community RPG Game  (Read 26685 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker – Community RPG Game
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 07:18:23 am »

Bear in mind this is literally the first time I've done any sort of role-playing on a forum on t'internet, so I expect some ultra-specific descriptions for a while heh.

Corban Hodge

Smiles back at the receptionist and wishes her a good day.

Have a nice day, ma'am.

Proceeds to use the stairs, it's only four floors, and considers the adventures that wait within the zone. Upon reaching his floor, scans the corridor with his ice blue eyes, and wanders down the hall to his room. Enters his room and plonks a chair at the end of his bed, slides his rucksack onto the floor next to him and settles his medium build into it with a sigh, before turning on the TV to watch some sports with his dark brown, scruffy hair.

Accepts the room card, takes the stairs, scans the corridor to his room. Makes a cursory check of his room for anything suspicious and/or interesting, then settles down in the chair to watch end of season Winter sports, at low volume.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 08:43:36 am »

Jack kicks the doors to the Aspen Hotel open with a heavy military style boot and strides confidently in and laying a meaty hand on the table he leans in towards the receptionist.

I'd like they key to my room if yer please love... I've got a bit of business to attend to. Motioning down towards his fly But first I'll be needing to drain the old snake.

Noticing the receptionist recoil in horror from both his surly demeanor and rank breath Jack laughs. Don't worry love, she don't bite!

One of the other younger and unimportant STALKERs at the hotel moves to intervene in the exchange and finds the blade of a machete pointing at his throat. Don't ya know it's rude ta interrupt boy? Getting right up in the STALKERs face the earlier mirth is gone from Jack's features and replaced with a look of pure menace. Yer lucky this time fella... If yer keep sticken yer neck out and trying to be the hero someday someones gonna cut it... Ya'd do well ta remember that lad. Suddenly Jack laughs again and as soon as the storm clouds had descended on him they were gone, seemingly enjoying the mixture of fear, hatred and humiliation on the young STALKER's face he swipes his keys off the desk, lightly and playfully slaps the young STALKER's face with the flat of the machete, winks at the receptionist and walks off toward his room.

Check into the hotel.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:46:23 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 05:32:02 am »

Ooh, I've had a terrible fever and headache all day and a day off work.   :(  Only sweating now, so here goes...

TURN 00 Contined

Quote from: Alexei
IF the girl is pretty, after she sets the Martini glass down, pick it up then rotate it around in front of her and take a sip from where she did for the indirect kiss.  Flirt briefly, then check my room for note with instructions, envelop on the bed etc. Also check the room for ninjas. If nothing is found, return to lounge and watch the lobby for suspicious-looking new arrivals.

The receptionist is rather attractive by any standards, so Alexei takes back the Martini and sips from the same side.  After making some small talk for a couple of minutes and trying out some more Japanese, much to her apparent delight, Alexei goes up to his room.  It's a large room well made up with a queen size bed and it doesn't smell of tobacco.  He finds on the desk an envelope which contains $1000 in cash.  In the closets he, unfortunately, finds no ninjas.  Alexei returns to the lobby and takes a seat in a sofa to watch the comings and goings.

Quote from: Kasumi
Take the stairs for some exercise and head to my room. Check the corridor and my room for traps or cameras/microphones and then wait patiently inside.

Kasumi runs up the stairs to the sixth floor and feels awakened and refreshed once she reaches her room.  The corridor is empty and she gets a feeling that there may be no other guests in the hotel.  In the room, she checks everything carefully and finds nothing; without some rudimentary equipment it would be impossible to properly check for bugs.  Kasumi too finds the envelope of money, she counts it and decides to rest.

Quote from: Corban
Accepts the room card, takes the stairs, scans the corridor to his room. Makes a cursory check of his room for anything suspicious and/or interesting, then settles down in the chair to watch end of season Winter sports, at low volume.

Corban smiles back at the receptionist and wishes her a good day.  "Have a nice day, ma'am."

He proceeds to use the stairs, it's only four floors, and considers the adventures that wait within the zone. Upon reaching his floor, scans the corridor with his ice blue eyes, and wanders down the hall to his room. Corban enters his room, glances around and doesn't see any big cameras or microphones so plonks a chair at the end of his bed, slides his rucksack onto the floor next to him and settles his medium build into it with a sigh, before turning on the TV to watch some sports with his dark brown, scruffy hair.  He is delighted to find winter tractor pulling on the box.

Quote from: Jack
Check into the hotel - with machete

(Have to change this a little for consistency)

Alexei raises an eyebrow as Jack kicks the doors to the Aspen Hotel open with a heavy military style boot.  The reinforced glass is fractured but does not break.  He strides confidently in and laying a meaty hand on the table he leans in towards the receptionist.  Once at reception, a dozen tall Japanese in tight suits carrying various weapons walk out from the back and stand on either side of Jack looking at him in the most disrespectful manner possible.  Half don't have black hair, half are wearing sunglasses, all look like Yakuza enforcers.

"I'd like they key to my room if yer please love... I've got a bit of business to attend to." Motioning down towards his fly, "But first I'll be needing to drain the old snake."  The receptionist looks disgusted, and tosses a room key onto the counter,
“Room 613.”  And she looks away.  Jack laughs,
“Don't worry love, she don't bite!”

One of the gangsters moves to intervene in the exchange and finds the blade of a machete pointing at his throat.  “Don't ya know it's rude ta interrupt boy?”  Everyone is tense, just for a moment, but before anything can happen Jack laughs again and as soon as the storm clouds had descended on him they were gone.  He swipes his keys off the desk, lightly and playfully slaps the young gangster's face with the flat of the machete, winks at the receptionist and walks off toward his room.  If ever there was a definition of muscle, this man was it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:38:00 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 05:53:24 am »

TURN 01

February 20th 2013, 18:07, Chitose International Airport, Japan

Dr. Marcus Jekyll wheels his luggage trolley through customs and out into the arrival lobby, tired and looking for a coffee shop in which to while away the hours before his connecting flight to Beijing.  He walks stiffly to the end of the line of people waiting to greet friends and family.  This trip is a much needed break from the cloistered life of the hospital and keeping up appearances at home in Ottowa, and he remembers this and feels lighter on his feet for knowing that no-one here knows him, nor he them.  He sees a generic sign for a generic looking coffee shop, heads in that direction and begins to consider what to order.

“Dr. Jekyll.  Dr. Jekyll!” a voice calls from the throng, a chauffeur suited Japanese man holding an immaculate card with his name printed on it.  “Dr. Marcus Jekyll” the doctor reads.  He stops and says simply,
“...Yes?”

“Good evening, sir.  Your car is waiting.  If you would just follow me, please.”
“I think you are mistaken, I ordered no car.  I'm sorry...”
“Someone requests your attendance this night.  It is concerning a medical matter.”  The young man speaks softly and sincerely with an English accent.  He is shorter than the doctor, who looks down to his eyes, and then up again.  Two larger Japanese men, bigger and unsmiling men whom he would have been surprised if they knew where England was, walk over and stand on the other side of the doctor.  They are wearing suits too, but they look too big to fit behind the wheel of any regular chauffeur's vehicle.  Any thoughts he had of politely declining the nice young man he is now rethinking.
“It's OK, doctor.  We have a proposal for you, a business offer.  We want to talk.  Please, follow me.”
“I, uh, I'm taking a vacation.  You must have the wrong man.  Sorry.  Good bye.”  He tries to wheel his cart onwards past the three men, but a stronger one grabs him by his shirt and jacket from behind as by the ruff of a cub's neck.  “Aaahhh!  Let me go!”  Marcus shouts this time, suddenly and fearfully angry.  Everyone in the arrivals hall is looking in their direction now.  He feels sure that someone, the police or someone, shall come to put a stop to this.  The smaller man moves to his cart and the other large man moves to stand in front of him and mechanically balls a fist and punches the doctor square in the left cheek.  He jaw was loose and is dislocated by the hit and a molar is broken and his legs buckle.  Blood drools from his mouth.  Many people exclaim at the sight but no one moves.  The man holding him half drags and pushes him towards the exit as all four leave, the chauffeur pushing the baggage cart.  He looks at the two officers at the entrance in turn, each has a pistol holstered and neither says a word.

Outside it is freezing and snowing.  Marcus is confused and in pain and suddenly very cold.  He stumbles like a puppet to walk but is soon pushed into the backseat of a dark formal car with net curtains over the side windows.  He spits blood onto the floor and without thinking takes his jaw in both hands and pulls it smartly back into place.  It is agony for a moment and he roars loadly.  Doors open an close and the car shifts weight as things enter.  It begins to move and Marcus collapses on the back seat in shock and exhaustion not caring where he is being taken.

February 20th 2013, 19:50, Sapporo Aspen Hotel, Sapporo, Japan

The snow falls lightly but is never ending and piles on the ground and in corner drifts to head height.  At night the flakes are only clear near streetlights, shop windows and neon signs, yet by the aurora towering above the buildings of the street, clawing at the stars themselves, the celestial green glow from the Japan Zone smothers all the atmosphere, sweating a putrid light into every alley of the city.  Roads and sidewalks are covered with white and black ice, packed snow that never thaws in the winter months, pedestrians and vehicles move carefully but surely, following paths through the sludge cut by those that passed before.

The limousine pulls up before the Sapporo Aspen Hotel.  The chauffeur and the other suited men exit and pull out the older man.  They all walk into the lobby which is expensive, aged and there is just one man sitting in the lounge and nobody on reception.  The chauffeur stops.  “Mr. Konovalov?  Please follow us.”  Marcus is led to the elevator and they get off at the second floor.  He is taken down a hallway that looks out over the first floor lobby to smart double doors.  The chauffeur pulls one open and says, “Mr. Konovalov.”  Alexei enters.  Looking at the doctor, “Please, after you.”  Marcus is pushed at the door.  But must take the last couple of steps by himself.

Inside is a large room, obviously a function room, with a single large table in the centre and three men and a woman, obviously of various nationalities, milling around, looking sour and none of them sitting.  All of them look at Marcus.  He is old, in his fifties, dishevelled, thinned brown hair, unshaven, clothes unkempt and bloodied, wearing sneakers, cheek bruised purple and holding his jaw permanently with one hand.

“Gentlemen, here is the last of your party.  A doctor, as required, since our first choice has declined the invitation.  Please bring the good doctor up to speed on what's going on”  Marcus looks at him blankly.  He turns to the gathered and they are looking back at him almost as blankly, though with a detectable taste of incredulity.  “Doctor.  The man over there, with the short dark hair, he walked with us just now, you see him?  That's Mr. Konovalov, the leader.  Of your... party.  I suggest if you... you ask him about your situation.” 

“Next to him is Ms. Himashi,” she is fair looking in appearance with a clear face, somewhat sharp cheekbones, a small nose, normal black hair that's been cut short and tied back in a pony tail and blue eyes. She's slim and wiry, and aside from the occasional dirt smudge here and there, pretty clean too.

“That there is Mr. Hodge,” he has dark brown hair, ice blue eyes, medium build, sharp chin, round cheeks, scarring around the eyes and a squint nose.  He is quite tall.

“And that's Mr. Fitzpatrick,” a towering hulk of a man, whom can only be described as having a violently rough life based on his visual appearance alone.

“Yes,” he says louder and to the group, “I recommend you all get on the same page, a unified front would be better for all involved,” turning pointedly to the doctor then back to the group.  “Your hosts shall be along presently.  Oh, would you like anything to drink in the meantime?”

Konovalov, Hodge, Himashi and Fitzpatrick arrived at various times throughout the day and checked into their rooms: 405, 413, 605 and 613 respectively.  They found $1000 in cash for travel expenses in their rooms, where their baggage is now.  Were they in their rooms, they were brought lunch and dinner.  They (except Alexei) had been waiting in this reception room for 15 minutes before the arrival of Dr. Jekyll, having been told to wait for the meeting to start.  On their person they are wearing light clothes and are carrying whatever effects they would deem reasonable for the meeting.  They were not checked for weapons at any time during the day.

What do you do?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 07:19:14 am »

Alexei Konovalov

would you like anything to drink in the meantime?”

"Yes, please. One of those strawberry parfaits from the restaurant, if it's not too much trouble. The especially decadent one that somehow manages to squeeze three pieces of fruit, a chocolate fudge brownie and a cocktail umbrella all on the same glass. Thank you."

Glance around at the party.

"No, really. It's delicious. I highly recommend it."

“I recommend you all get on the same page, a unified front would be better for all involved,”
turning pointedly to the doctor then back to the group.  “Your hosts shall be along presently.

"Gentlemen...lady, it's a pleasure to meet you all. Doctor, I apologize for the roughness of your delivery. I hadn't realized anyone here today wasn't a willing participant. As I understand it, we're to be offered a job as soldiers of fortune. Mercenaries. Adventurers! Our hosts, who I admit I've yet to meet, seem to have misplaced a certain item that they'd like to have retrieved."

"I'm sure they'll be along shortly to give us all the juicy details, but as I'm also sure you're all aware, Sapporo city lies near the Japanese zone that fills much of the space between Sapporo, here, and Ashikawa to the northeast. I haven't been given much detail about the proposition we're to be offered, but I don't think it's any stretch to guess that the item they've misplaced might be...at the very least, within the border region surrounding the zone. Possibly, within the zone itself."

"But enough about that. I think some introductions are in order. Doctor, we've already met you, though I'd be curious to know about your specialty, as I assume you're not simply a general practitioner. As for myself, my name is Alexei Konovalov. I suppose you could say that I'm a...gentleman adventurer. I'll be our tactician and coordinator, and ultimately my job will be to keep the rest of you alive. And the first step to ensuring that will be to find out as much as possible about all of you and your abilities."

"If you please."

Make introductions

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:43 am »

Kasumi was silent as the talkative man went on about things, introducing himself in a roundabout way, before leaving the floor open for everyone to introduce themselves. She decided that it would be best to just get it over with and out of the way, so she could get back to watching the others.

"Just water for me.

My name is Kasumi, but when on the job, I go by Lynx. I get in hard to reach places, steal things from time to time and break legs."

And with that she was quiet again, watching the others closely. She especially didn't take much to the muscled brute nearby and the talkative man made her skin crawl a bit, but she had worked with worse before and for worse pay too.

Watch the others, and the yakuza, closely and think about the job. What do I know for certain about it and whatever we're supposed to get?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »

Marcus takes out a cotton swab from his jacket pocket and dabs his bruise with it, whining slightly.

"I'm afraid I must protest. I didn't want to be involved in all of this. I was just going on vacation to Beijing. I don't even speak Japanese!" he says with a hysterical tone to his voice.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »

(Japanese) "Stop whining, you annoying man. You're getting on my nerves and those of the knee breaking gangsters." Kasumi promptly replied.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 07:37:55 pm »

"I'm afraid I must protest. I didn't want to be involved in all of this. I was just going on vacation to
Beijing. I don't even speak Japanese!" he says with a hysterical tone to his voice.
(Japanese)

Alexei smiles casually and shrugs. "Well, I'm not stopping you from leaving. Feel free. The door's right there. Before you go, though, I'd like to point out that I don't speak Japanese either. But Lynx here does. Want to know what she said? I caught one word of it: Yakuza. This building is owned by a Japanese mafia family. And they might be offended if you decline their hospitality. I don't think you want that."

"As far as I'm concerned you're a free man. Do what you think is best. But like I explained a moment ago, my job for this little sortie will be to keep members of my team alive...and until you're on the team, I can't help you."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 08:10:08 pm »

"Ah. Well, ah yes."

Marcus slowly buries his head in his hands.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 01:18:51 am »

Jack immediately requests a beer and then proceeds to eye the group off while taking long swigs.

He laughs heartily when hears Lynx talk about breaking legs but doesn't say anything more.

Finally he speaks turning to Alexei.

You are going to get these people killed... You know that right?

Jack slams his machete down into the table and waits a second for the shock to settle in.

How many of you have ever handled a weapon before?

How many of you have ever killed a man?

You want to be soldiers of fortune but there's not an honest soldier among you.

You might not like what I have to say... Maybe you prefer the soothing comfort of:

He waves over at Alexei.

Mr Strawberry Parfaits over there. But my job is to keep people alive, not to soothe their egos, so those of you that want to live pay attention... Mr Alexei is proposing we go into the Japanese Zone, one of the most dangerous parts of the world... A place so dangerous that the Yakuza, some of the most dangerous gangsters in the world are hiring people to go in there... with a doctor who looks like he'd run at the first sign of trouble, if he can even run anymore without needing a hip replacement. He waves over at Kasumi. A thief who is probably coming along solely to loot your bullet-ridden corpses after our unfortunate demise and a leader who drinks Strawberry Parfaits and doesn't bother to even find out what we're meant to be looking for. These are the people who will be watching your back, who you will be entrusting your lives to.

You all need months worth of training but I'm guessing we probably don't have time for that what with the Yakuza all excited and the such. At the very least I can teach you how to hold a gun right and which way to point it so you don't end up blowing your own head off.

Calls into question Alexei's leadership ability.

Challenges the group to take this expedition seriously and to seriously evaluate their companions... The weak link breaks the chain.

Suggests training to the group.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:23:48 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:25 am »

(Japanese) "And yet, out of all of us here, I have a strong suspicion that it will be you who dies the most horribly. And yes, of course I'll take whatever valuables are on your corpse, that's just common sense."

Kasumi promptly goes over to a chair and sits down.

"And you can stop posturing, by the way. It's pointless to do so here and in the future too. We're all equally inexperienced when it comes to the zone, you included."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 03:14:35 am »

Alexei Konovalov

Mr Strawberry Parfaits over there. But my job is to keep people alive, not to soothe their egos, so those of you that want to live pay attention... Mr Alexei is proposing we go into the Japanese Zone, one of the most dangerous parts of the world... A place so dangerous that the Yakuza, some of the most dangerous gangsters in the world are hiring people to go in there... with a doctor who looks like he'd run at the first sign of trouble, if he can even run anymore without needing a hip replacement. He waves over at Kasumi. A thief who is probably coming along solely to loot your bullet-ridden corpses after our unfortunate demise and a leader who drinks Strawberry Parfaits and doesn't bother to even find out what we're meant to be looking for. These are the people who will be watching your back, who you will be entrusting your lives to.

"Mr. Fitzpatrick, I think you've seriously misjudged the situation. First off, I'm not proposing that we go rushing off into the Zone. I'm proposing that we listen to the offer we're about to be made. I think that's pretty reasonable. You don't know the exact nature or target of this mission either. None of us do. That's why we're here. Second, the Zone is not a simple combat patrol. Is it dangerous? Yes. But the nature of that danger is not simply men trying to kill you. If we could go in and simply shoot people and walk back out, as you point out our hosts have more than enough manpower to handle that. This operation clearly requires finesse. Something that you appear to be sorely lacking. But I'll do my best to accommodate your dead weight."

Calls into question Alexei's leadership ability.

"Mr. Fitzpatrick, I'm in charge of this operation. If you don't like that, then you, like the Doctor, are free to leave. The door's right there."

Alexei sips his delicious strawberry parfait.

"Now, if you're done having your little temper tantrum, why don't you and Mr. Hodge introduce yourselves properly and let us know what you bring to the table besides hotheadedness."

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 03:45:39 am »

Jack turns to address Kasumi.

Knowing a place of death is irrelevant. If you do not know how to kill and more importantly how to avoid being killed then you will have plenty of time to become better acquainted with the pretty scenery as you bleed out on the ground.

You are still young and that makes you stupid. But death will find you whether you're ready for it or not... So if I were you I would smarten up quickly.

Jack pulls his machete out of the table and reaching into his pocket starts sharpening the blade with a whetstone and turns to address Alexei.

When this comes down to a firefight... Which it will... You will learn that there is no finesse in death... There's no such thing as a clean kill. Whether you survive the lesson is another matter entirely. But let me make one thing abundantly clear. You will not make it five feet inside that Zone without me there. I'm sure even you have heard the stories about what goes on in the Zones. And today is your lucky day because it so happens that I want to get into the Zone... Because if I didn't I'd leave you to your fate.

Leans in real close to Alexei.

Also I don't think you want a demonstration of what I bring to the table Mr Konovalov... At least not yet... Because I'm sure it'd be a terrible inconvenience to you to have to drink the rest of that Strawberry Parfait through a straw.

Jack laughs but his eyes are filled with menace.

Now I suggest that you all consider my offer of training again... Which still stands...

Brings up his offer to train the group in firearms and close quarters combat again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:47:12 am by The13thRonin »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14