Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Stalker – Community RPG Game  (Read 26683 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker – Community RPG Game
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:13 am »

(Japanese) "I may be young, but I'm not the one making a scene and waving around sharp objects at people in a yakuza den." Kasumi mutters quietly before continuing in a louder voice.

"If it will get you to stop posturing and making veiled threats to everyone, fine. I'll take your lessons later. But I strongly suggest you keep your hands to yourself, if you know what I mean, and start acting more civil to your future teammates. It would make things easier for everyone, I would think."

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 06:06:32 am »

Jack scoffs at the fact that a thief is giving people advice to keep their hands to themselves.

Don't worry about the Yakuza. We'd all be dead if they weren't after something from us. Do you think they just let anyone walk into a Yakuza den?

I'm sure they won't try to brutally murder us until AFTER they get what they want.

As for being civil? I take offense madam... I'll have you know that I've been on my best behavior since arriving here... I haven't gutted a single person... Not a single one... Scouts honor!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 08:20:06 am »

OOC - Mr. Hodge/hector13 has gone on honeymoon so perhaps shan't be able to participate for the next week or so (indeed, should not participate for having a great vacation!).  I'll try to play his character for a short while and as minimally as possible since I don't want to give him a voice as he hasn't spoken yet.  If hector13 returns in the meantime I'll be happy to change/erase this, lemme know.

Corban Hodge

"Aye, I'm Corban.  Pleased to meet the lot of you, though Jack lad you might want to take it easy, the lady here speaks some sense.  These guys aren't playing and neither are we.  This isn't bootcamp right, GI Joe?  I'm not sure about carrying more guns.  I've lived in these parts for a few years now, and heard stories that them Institute guards shoot at the least excuse.  You can bet yer bottom dollar wavin' a gun around is one of those excuses.  They're a nervous lot and rightly so."

To Alexei, "I'm a driver, boss.  Good with fixing motors.  I can drive a bit too.  Waiter, I'll have a Scotch.  Is the doc really alright with this?  He don't look too good."

To Kasumi in Japanese, "Nice to meet you, lass.  Our chances for surviving are looking good, no?"
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:52 am »

Kasumi nodded politely at Corban and even gave him a small smile with one corner of her mouth. It was always a good idea to get on the good side of the person who would help you escape from a bad situation in her experience, especially if they were driving the truck. It also helped that he was actually tolerable and had some manners.

(Japanese)"Better now that you've proven that you have some sense in you, unlike others."

She looked at Jack and scoffed before turning back to Corban.

(Japanese)"Honestly, what does this idiot think he is? A one man army or, what was it called? Rambo or something? I've seen plenty of tough and mean guys, some tougher and meaner than him even, cry like children when they are lying in the street with a gut wound or with broken legs. He'll have to learn to have respect for others, before he bites off more than he can chew. Especially around here and where we are going."

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 10:08:04 am »

OOC: Where are evilcherry and CognitiveDissonance?

Also is anybody not going to get aboard the 'we hate Jack' train? We can't all play smooth-talking, polite and squared away characters!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:11:24 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2013, 12:38:05 pm »

((He sets himself up as an unlikeable type of person, getting in peoples faces, picking fights, bragging about his skill, etc. I personally think that it adds character and some interesting elements to the group to have such a character because it leaves room for development. He starts out all big, tough and boasting but when the zone starts messing with him and his teammates, he helps out his team when they need him and they do the same to form a bond between them.

It's early yet, so you can't expect everyone to like everyone else immediately. Not when they haven't even been through anything dangerous yet.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »

"I suppose it doesn't really matter whether I'm alright with this or not. I can hardly make my way back home alone, can I?"

Marcus sighs, his eyes a bit puffy and red as he raises his head to look at everyone.

"Since apparently I am cooperating I would like a full medical history from everyone. Operations, allergies, any medications you're taking. That sort of thing. If you were to have an acute reaction while we were so far from proper medical facilities..."

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2013, 03:46:53 pm »

I'm allergic to bullets doc...

Just thought you should know.

Jack flashes the doctor a toothy grin.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »

"Wonderful. I hope you keep that sense of humour when I'm operating on you."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2013, 04:18:01 pm »

I'm allergic to bullets doc...

Just thought you should know.

Jack flashes the doctor a toothy grin.

I see. So I'm the only one you have a problem with. Unfortunately, OOC. You've unknowingly done something extremely stupid.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:35 pm »

OK, so let's imagine everyone cools down for five minutes here...  Some points to consider!
  • Everyone is sticking to their characters and playing them well, Jack is by his nature a violent guy with a chip on his shoulder so it doesn't seem unreasonable to have done or said most of what he has so far, nor should any animosity as a result be a surprise.  The colour he brings is most welcome.
  • But, Jack please bear in mind you are on a team and this team will keep you alive just as they entrust you to keep them alive.  Please try to gain some trust from them, as NPCs are already plotting against you and you don't need the PCs taking action themselves.
  • Alexei is the leader.  He has tacit support from the Yakuza and is about to be given, as you all are, a proposition that is very important to them.  I think any character would be out of his mind to disrespect Alexei or a gangster of importance.
  • Imagine this is like the star trek movie, Kirk and Spock bust each others balls but if they can get past it then they make a stronger team at the other end because of it.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:50 pm »

OOC: Do you have an extra slot still? Or is this all filled up?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2013, 11:58:34 pm »

Sure, if you roll up a character you're welcome to join.  The party is going to get the mission next turn, so things haven't really started yet.  Kinda.   :)

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2013, 12:03:37 am »

alright I'll pm the info to you then.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2013, 08:09:17 am »

TURN 02

From a side door in walk several unsmiling gangsters, some of the same that Alexei and Jack saw earlier and still carrying weapons though perhaps with a greater quantity of firearms this time, followed by a shorter, balder, bespectacled man who looks like a salaryman who's just finished work.  He pats his shiny, sweaty brow with a handkerchief constantly.  The toughs stand a little away from the table, while one of them and the business man walk to the head of the table, the gangster sits down but the businessman suddenly finds no appropriate chair so stands to one side.  The man who sat down, you now notice, is different from the others.  He carries a legal pad and pulls a pen from his jacket pocket and puts them on the table, he too wears glasses which he takes off to look at everyone.  He looks decidedly more intelligent than any that just entered, including the business man, is clean shaven with short-clipped black hair, an inch long horizontal scar below his left eye and speaks with a slight American accent,

“Evening gentlemen, and lady.  Please sit down.”  He looks at each member in turn.

What do you do?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14