Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead  (Read 64731 times)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Star Citizen: The Old Thread Was Dead
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:59 am »

Dog fighting module has been pushed back, unfortunately.

Alas,

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2014, 07:57:00 am »

So, when did organisations become a thing? Because I missed that.
Probably because I won't be able to run the game. Unfortunately I have no self-control so bought it anyway.

Regardless: I take it this is where most of Bay12 would like to be?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2014, 08:08:49 am »

Can we become a member of multiple guilds/corporations?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

So, when did organisations become a thing? Because I missed that.
Probably because I won't be able to run the game. Unfortunately I have no self-control so bought it anyway.

Regardless: I take it this is where most of Bay12 would like to be?

We should create an Org for people who bought Star Citizen and won't be able to play it.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2014, 04:25:38 am »

Though the PAX presentation was sort of a disaster, here's the latest gameplay footage:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3WxpO4jW0

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:02 am »

http://themittani.com/news/star-citizen-regulate-grey-market

My take on the recent announced change to ship trading.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:31 pm »

Haha, yeah, that PAX demo was an absolute trainwreck. Features were coming in hot from every direction up until the night before. The "drop dead" time for all changes for the final presentation build was set to be around noon central; but there were just so many last minute crash fixes and changes that Plan H quickly turned into Plan A turned into "ah crap, we've run out of plans." The build system was broken; so the noon build turned into a manual build at 3PM. Though at least that sped up build time. So we pushed more crash fixes in. The launcher-patcher system was broken; so now we needed a way to get files to Boston over venue internet (which are pretty uniformly terrible at all tech venues, since everyone else is sending their last-minute files too). Around an hour or half an hour before the presentation was set to start, we finally started getting files out to them; which is why there was a massive delay before it started. Quite frankly, we were surprised they could get anything more than the powerpoint to run, let alone demo the scripted solo-map. So it could have gone (and nearly did) so much worse.

As for that other thing; yep, more or less.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Direct response: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

(dives into trench)
It looks like the Escapist article has been updated to include significant parts of that response including the refutations, which is an instance of surprisingly good journalism. This isn't your average hit piece.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:05:56 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:33 pm »

Not to mention that when your defense to the allegations resorts to ad-hominen, you've all but admitted defeat.
Indeed. Of course, I wrote the Star Citizen devs off as crazy when they basically said that they wanted to compete with EVE. One does not simply compete with EVE, and you certainly don't do it on an excessively hardware-intensive engine.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:57 pm »

Article was indeed literally updated to reflect Chris Roberts' responses two minutes ago.  Huh.

Did notice that none of the responses actually addressed the statement that they've only got $8 million left of the funding, though.  There was a lot of 'discussion' about Derek Smart, and a lot of implied comment on Escapist Magazine's own conduct, but didn't actually see a refutation of that point.

I didn't pledge, so I'm reading and watching more out of interest at this point.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »

Yeah, there was a lot of complaining and a few personal attacks directed at the author and Derek Smart, but not a single convincing refutation to any of the more serious allegations.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »

Not to mention that when your defense to the allegations resorts to ad-hominen, you've all but admitted defeat.

It's not even the ad hominems that are the problem, it's that the rant looks completely unhinged. I was taking The Escapist article with a grain of salt and I have to say the response was more concerning to me than the article itself.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:34 pm »

All i am seeing is drama wich most likely isnt based on cold hard facts and only he said/she said. Now they went on a few years with 90 milions, lets say 80 milion as there is hints about 8 milions left, you can still work and add a lot of content using that 8-9 milion, and it doesnt include futur or projected income in the mix. I will be watching but i really dont think it is a *matter of concern*. Its easy to throw blames when you dont have ALL the facts in front of you specially when it comes from higher as there is bound to have information you will be missing unless you go spy and gather all the facts.

Am i scared the game wont be delivered as promise? Sure i am, am i scared the game wont be released at all? nope.avi. I am quite confident in the release of the game, even if it takes longuer and or a few feature get's delayed i dont care. A game of that scope there is very strong possibilities that unknown factor will chip in and cause havok/delays and so on. NO GAME of that scale as ever been done, none, its the first and there is a very nice saying from Albert Einstein: "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new"

There will be mistakes, but you cannot base your opinion on one's mistake specialy in Star Citizen scale's because there will be mistakes.

Thats my point of view on the matter.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29