Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75100 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Requested
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »

Boy - Have you read a mafia game on this forum yet?  If so, which one(s)?
Boy: You're a mafia roleblocker. It's Night 1. How would you decide to roleblock?
Boy: If you got a scum inspect result on Night 1 would you claim or wait and try to find the second one?
Mah Boy: Peace is what all true warriors strive for. Let's assume you're the cop and you get an innocent inspection. However you feel like the mafia is onto you but you're not sure. Do you claim or bank on not getting caught?
I've dug up all of the questions directed at Boy I could find.
Griffinpup: I have looked at Toon Mafia VII, but I just skimmed most of that.
Powder Miner: I'd probably pick at random out of those that aren't my scum buddies, as there wouldn't be enough evidence to know who has roles.
WetSheep: Wait. Claiming immediately would cause the mafia to kill/roleblock me next night.
Nerjin: Bank on not getting caught. Claiming someone is innocent exposes that I might be the cop, and is really just too risky in my opinion.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »

Griffinpup: OK, I see now. Unvote.

I wouldn't say deliberately, but I haven't given off any scum tells.
Is that for you to decide?

YOU HAVE NEVER STATED REASONS FOR VOTING ME.
Actually, he did. Right here.

Dave: It's getting kind of tiring having to point out questions you've missed again and again. Can you please carefully read the thread and answer all questions addressed to you? Or is there another reason you're not answering questions?

I just got rather short notice that I'll be on a trip soon, leaving Sunday and getting back Tuesday. I won't have internet.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2013, 12:04:37 am »

I wouldn't say deliberately, but I haven't given off any scum tells.
2. Is that for you to decide?

YOU HAVE NEVER STATED REASONS FOR VOTING ME.
3. Actually, he did. Right here.
2. Yes.  You have no idea what I do deliberately.

3. Hmm.  I assumed that was about IG:

Dave:
What was the longest time period between all my posts?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2013, 09:56:30 am »

Also, IG, you realize investigating someone based on their luck in roles is fallacious logic, yes?
Hey, its not end of day and nobody has claimed.
Its either nobody or NQT.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2013, 11:18:35 am »

Day 1 ends on Monday, July 29 at 8:00pm CST

Votecount

TheWetSheep (1) - notquitethere
griffinpup (1) - DaveTheGrave
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (0) -
DaveTheGrave (4) - Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman, griffinpup, Powder Miner
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -
notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - Chink, Griffionday, TheWetSheep

Extend (0/4) -
Shorten (0/5) -

TheWetSheep has Requested Replacement on or before Sunday, August 11.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2013, 06:21:19 pm »

Y U NO PLAY MAFIA

Also, might want to remove replacement requested from the title...

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:44 pm »

I guess it's the weekend, but still.  Without any activity, and none on the horizon, perhaps we should shorten?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2013, 11:47:46 pm »

Oppose Shorten We don't need to shorten. People are busy so activity WILL be lower. BUT on day 1 we probably shouldn't shorten just in case someone comes in with a good read. Just keep an eye out.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2013, 01:56:21 am »

Quick warning before i sleeeeep
I'm doing something for a couple days from monday, so posting will be limited or nonexistent.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2013, 06:19:20 am »

Griffinpup
Dave: You didn't answer my questions
And you didn't answer mine. Is this deliberate?

TheWetSheep
NQT: We're just coming out of RVS. I unvoted my previous RVS target and decided to go after something a little bit stronger, and I feel like Dave has quite enough pressure on him as it is. Also, see my answer to him for the issue.
Okay, that's a bit more reasonable.

Imperial Guardsman
Its a 50/50 chance hes either a VI or Scum.
Its a 99.9 chance he will be D1 Lynch.
Calling the lynch target and admitting that they're only half-likely to be scum doesn't seem to be a particularly pro-town move. If Dave is lynched and they flip town, it's this sort of pronouncement that will look poorly in your favour. Do you have any reads on the other players?

NQT, because of how he frequently gets power roles/third party.
Ah, you believe in a sort of cosmic luck. It is true that in life I am the third-party, a loose cannon spouting loose canon; a maverick 90 degrees askew from the rest of civilisation. But really, there are probably better reasons to rolecop someone.

Griffionday
Actually there is one situation where it's appropriate to vote for someone that you don't consider the most scummy, that I think Leafsnail brought up in the previous game.  That is when you need to vote for the one of the vote leaders to break a tie, even if neither is the absolute most scummy.  This is to make your vote as relevant as possible.
You're absolutely right, and I should have thought of that. Being the tie-breaker is an important job for a town player and I've been in that situation a few times myself, both successfully and unsuccessfully. In a tie-vote situation, not breaking the tie when you have an opportunity is suspicious act that the other players have grounds to question.

Chink
NQT: You are a generic scum, D1. Who do you want to target N1, and why?
You can just ask the scum IC this sort of thing  ;). I'd target the most competent town player that is also least likely to be mislynched, which at this stage is probably Powder Miner or Nerjin (assuming that they're town). What would you do?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2013, 07:05:11 am »

((Can I IN, or is this full? :C I've never played Mafia before.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2013, 07:28:23 am »

((The game is full but you could go on the replacement list. One player is definitely leaving in two weeks. As you're a Bay12 regular and aren't about to disappear like an escaped lunatic, Nerjin might be amenable to you jumping into Elements which is currently in sign-ups.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2013, 08:56:06 am »

((The game is full but you could go on the replacement list. One player is definitely leaving in two weeks. As you're a Bay12 regular and aren't about to disappear like an escaped lunatic, Nerjin might be amenable to you jumping into Elements which is currently in sign-ups.))
((As long as its beginner friendly. All the same I'll probably join either way.))
Replacement list me please.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22:58 am »

Oh joy. Let's let someone who's emotionally driven and can't handle any form of criticism play.  As you can tell, my past experience with gun is... Less then pleasant.  But if he is going to be on the replacement list, doesn't that make him TWS's replacement?

NQT: rephrase your question.  I've been meaning to ask you to do so, but I've forgotten a few times.  Inter-game meta literally means nothing to me.

Oppose Shorten We don't need to shorten. People are busy so activity WILL be lower. BUT on day 1 we probably shouldn't shorten just in case someone comes in with a good read. Just keep an eye out.
But my vote on Dave isn't very likely to move until he INTELLIGENTLY answers my questions.  I see your point, but the same logic could  be applied to endlessly extending the game.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:26 am »

Oh joy. Let's let someone who's emotionally driven and can't handle any form of criticism play.  As you can tell, my past experience with gun is... Less then pleasant.  But if he is going to be on the replacement list, doesn't that make him TWS's replacement?
((Don't.

Apparently you've been hanging onto that worthless argument we had ever since it ended nearly a week ago. I had already forgotten about it. Its in the past, and I have no hard feelings against you for it. You need to let it go Griffin instead of trying to pick a fight.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41