Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192262 times)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #810 on: March 09, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »

That... is actually really cool! I like the idea of building an evil lair right under the peoples noses >:)
Where did you embark for that?

2x2 area to avoid losing FPS.
I embarked in middle of town, castle and it's dungeons are at other corner of map, I was lucky to find a sewer access nearby. You just need to move fast before the people come outside. At the moment there are 150 humans around the map, if you aggro too many before managing to move underground you are doomed.

Oh and all the leaders/deities are friendly, just interesting sidenote.
Anyone know a good Let's play/youtube video of warlock fortress? SilverDragon did one try but he didn't carry on...

Cheers

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »

new fort, utterly wiped out by a hawk before the first wave of immigrants

creeping husk kestral, turnin all my dwarves to husks..

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 11, 2014, 11:20:45 pm »

My best, guilded Axedwarf just died versus a warlock spy. He killed it with two swings, and I thought he would be alright, his wounds were in yellow, only, and his unit screen didn't indicate any bleeding. He then proceeded to bleed out in ten frames, from burns. I then commissioned a marble coffin and slab, after profiling the workshop for only my legendary mason. The mason starts working, and, strangely, isn't producing any masterwork. Turns out, my legendary mason is his wife . . . she wasn't tantruming, but his both of his parents decided to. Then, right after his mother calms down, his dad decides to ATTACK her. What the hell, Urist. Venting your aggression on your wife, the only other dwarf who understands exactly what you're going through. Not cool. I thought domestic violence was the only thing dwarves DIDN'T engage in.

EDIT: It's been about a week. The father went berserk, and was subsequently hacked into bite-sized chunks by my militia commander, his son's squadmate. Following this, the mother has gone melancholy, though she has yet to die. The wife (Mason) previously created a rather awesome artifact throne, and thus is immune to insanity, and besides, no bad thoughts for dead in-laws. The only possible way it could spiral is through the children, although they probably would've done it before now, if they were going to blow. No further bad thoughts from dead grandparents either. The axedwarf that started it is now lying in state with a masterful slab and coffin, both made (and engraved, for the slab) by his wife, and on floors she engraved as well. They aren't masterful, unfortunately, she's only a competent Engraver. Thankfully, slabs have base quality from the mason, not the engraver.

This is a masterful marble memorial to Oshgat Olonozor created by Avuz Vabokunnos.
The slab reads "In memory of Oshgat Olonozor / Born 71 / Suffocated in the year 123 / Slayer of the Warlock Spy / Loving father and husband."
Engraved on the floor is a(n) image of nothing by Avuz Vabokunnos.
Kind of Zen, if you think about it.
Engraved on the floor is a(n) image of a animal trap by Avuz Vabokunnos.
Eh, I suppose the other stuff is profound enough.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:14:46 am by arcturusthelesser »
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

Tarzanello

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2014, 10:13:25 am »

Just lost my second-best soldier to a Pneumococcosomething wave. Which was brought about by a friggin ghost. Great, in DF there is a new way of spreading the disease: ghost untors... Stupid ghosts.
BTW, I'm playing with White Tigermen, and I seem to have a mild issue with them: they come mounted on giant roachs (the issue might not related with the race then, unless for some reason giant roachs as mounts are their exclusive) and those giant roachs are annoying as hell because they chain-wrestle any dwarf who gets around. Seriously, take 3 lowly soldiers atop those monstrousities against one legendary axedwarf with a masterwork Bifrost Axe and he will just we thrown around and chain-wrestled. Is this working as intended? I'm thinking of D&D for example, shouldn't a creature who attempts to grab someone else get an "opportunity attack" or something? Or should I cross-train all my squads to be competent wrestlers as well?
Well, for now it's not an issue because I got a Guardian of Armok which can keep those pests away, but it still bothers me.
Keep in mind, I am not a smart man.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:53 am »

Masterwork slag bars seem to be all the rage in Malignsleeved:

Not to mention the rise of anonymous enemies:

Erivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:06 pm »

being visited by a friendly deity (actually a Minotaur). i'm thinking about what to do with him (it?) any ideas?

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »

Trap him and use him to selectively kill small groups of enemies! Or tame him and have him pastured/chained in your great dining room :)

Yay, first burrow exploit artifact, UDGEB, the obsidian table, contains half the history of my fortress and civ! unfortunately the dwarf stopped after about 20-30 obsidian, ignored the burrow and just commenced construction...

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 29, 2014, 02:17:49 am »

holy shit, that is an epic table

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 29, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »

My warlock fort is surrounded by a plague of zombie werelizards. I had a swarm of restless dead out in the fields and a were-gnome came and got dogpiled by them, but infected a few of them. Every full moon some of the restless dead transform and go berserk. Some get killed, usually more get infected. As long as I release more restless dead into the wild the pack should keep growing. Just as long as my idiot minions keep the front gates shut during full moons and don't let any in while they're friendly and I should be fine.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 29, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »

Floating brain.  Several dozen beards down, mostly due to dwarf-on-dwarf violence.  "Interrupted by *Axe Lord*"

Insufficient coffins.  Rotting pets and "reverted to wild state!" all over.  Tantrum spiral commencing.

*sniff* ... it's beautiful ...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 30, 2014, 09:54:22 am »

I dug into the third cavern layer, which had a castle filled with 500+ assorted undead. The cavern layer was connected by a cave to the second, and many of the undead, as soon as I discovered them, swarmed into the second layer, butchered a few ogres, and are now streaming off the map's edge and around the cavern.

I can only assume I released a zombie apocalypse on all the cavern-folk, my bad!
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 30, 2014, 12:34:05 pm »

I dug into the third cavern layer, which had a castle filled with 500+ assorted undead. The cavern layer was connected by a cave to the second, and many of the undead, as soon as I discovered them, swarmed into the second layer, butchered a few ogres, and are now streaming off the map's edge and around the cavern.

I can only assume I released a zombie apocalypse on all the cavern-folk, my bad!
Left 4 Dwarf?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:49 pm »

Roaming dire lions on other side of rive to which they can't cross but you know they chilling being cat like. Intill one of them decide to say screw the rules and decided to flash step over the river and flash step all over the map scaring the rat shit of of my kobolds.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 31, 2014, 05:17:05 am »

Left 4 Dwarf?

Ah, this happened to me while playing as warlocks. I embarked on an underground curious structure specifically because I thought all those undeads would swarm the surface and protect me. So when they all started streaming off the map's edge as soon as I discovered them I couldn't help feel a little abandoned. Nobody likes the warlocks. Even other undead leave them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #824 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:17 pm »

Undeads from towers and friendly necromancers will stay.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 113